Sample Society: October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We have gotten 4 out of the 5. And the other product I dont want lol.

Hopefully we get another nail polish! Something different we havent recived would be a blush, a BB cream ( I was hoping for this last month), an eye liner, or eye shadow. I can hope!
We got the Stila crayon last month, so I'm guessing there wont be a shadow in October, although I hope I'm wrong.  I love getting any kind of makeup product, but eyeshadow is my favorite and the one thing I almost never get. 

I really want to try the 5th product!  I have been thinking of buying the full size but will hold off until we get our October boxes, just in case.  I recieved the same email, and when I saw that picture, I wondered if they had already given out that product before I joined SS and I missed it.

Does Sample Society have a Facebook page? Where and when do they usually release spoilers (if they do)?

Originally Posted by ashleyanner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Who do they use to ship?
I always get my box through UPS.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does Sample Society have a Facebook page? Where and when do they usually release spoilers (if they do)?
Beauty Bar has a FB page, but they've never done spoilers before the boxes have shipped.

They usually post spoilers after boxes have been shipped but before they make it to the West Coast.  Sample Society is the one sub that I try to keep a surprise too. * grumble*

YAY! My Dashboard page updated the shipping date to Monday 10/1. I'm scheduled to receive the box 10/2 (if they ship 10/1). They ship UPS, and not the cheapo UPI-MI either...the real UPS, as in what can brown do for you and all. EXCITED.

Originally Posted by PAsh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

YAY! My Dashboard page updated the shipping date to Monday 10/1. I'm scheduled to receive the box 10/2 (if they ship 10/1). They ship UPS, and not the cheapo UPI-MI either...the real UPS, as in what can brown do for you and all. EXCITED.
Yay! Mine updated to October 1st too! Do you know where in the US they ship from? I'm in New Hampshire so I'm wondering when to expect it. So glad to have joined a sub that doesn't use those awful shipping companies!

Originally Posted by PAsh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by sprite9034 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I always get my box through UPS.

Beauty Bar has a FB page, but they've never done spoilers before the boxes have shipped.

Awesome...that makes me feel better!  Living in an apartment and not being able to send the box to my mom's PO box was kind of stressing me out.  Fedex literally leaves any package I get under the door mat when I'm not home, but my incredibly awesome UPS lady actually takes it to the office where it belongs!

Yay! Mine updated to October 1st too! Do you know where in the US they ship from? I'm in New Hampshire so I'm wondering when to expect it. So glad to have joined a sub that doesn't use those awful shipping companies!
From Harrisburg, PA. So you should get yours within the next day, or two from the ship date. Normally UPS does a pretty good job at shipping things overnight (for Ground service) within the NE Metro area.

I caved and bought a subscription a few hours ago!
rotfl.gif
This will actually be my second box. I was sent a free one in July and loved the products! I tried to not get another beauty sub.. but lately I have been underwhelmed by Birchbox and have a month of Glossybox left, so I am looking for something new. How fast does shipping usually take? My account says it will ship Oct. 1.

Also, I have a question about the Allure subscription that comes with it. I am already subscribed to the magazine and was wondering if they add on 12 months to my current subscription or just start a whole new 12 months after this one runs out. Hopefully, they won't give me two magazines a month till my current one expires or something weird like that.

Originally Posted by jesmari /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I caved and bought a subscription a few hours ago!
rotfl.gif
This will actually be my second box. I was sent a free one in July and loved the products! I tried to not get another beauty sub.. but lately I have been underwhelmed by Birchbox and have a month of Glossybox left, so I am looking for something new. How fast does shipping usually take? My account says it will ship Oct. 1.
Depends where you live... Im in TX so it takes 5 full business days to get to me. And they dont even try to get it to me before then, even if its in my city.

Ah ok. Looks like I'm gonna be glued to my tracking info till it gets here! I'm in CA.

I was charged last nite $16.28. huh? all months prior it has been a flat $15. no big deal, but gheez I wish these subs would let us know BEFORE they make changes and start charging credit cards.

Also, I have a question about the Allure subscription that comes with it. I am already subscribed to the magazine and was wondering if they add on 12 months to my current subscription or just start a whole new 12 months after this one runs out. Hopefully, they won't give me two magazines a month till my current one expires or something weird like that.
They did extend my subscription without having to contact Conde Nast. I think if it's a new sub you do have to contact them.

I'm psyched about SS! The shipping is excellent and is so fast that you don't get a chance to get the dashboard-peek jitters. I think the shipping is probably built into the price, but it causes less problems than the slow-or-no shipping of the competing beauty subs. 

Originally Posted by Gayle Ray /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was charged last nite $16.28. huh? all months prior it has been a flat $15. no big deal, but gheez I wish these subs would let us know BEFORE they make changes and start charging credit cards.
Yeah that happend to me too, the site has started to charge tax to certain states (TX is one, where I live). Sucks. I wanted to use the code for this month but it was charging me $5 just for tax...so in the end the code is only $10 off for me. Not worth it.

Was charged $16.16 (I live in CA) and it says it will arrive Monday, October 1st. We shall see :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I signed up too late for September, was bummed because it looked like a good box.

Was charged $16.16 (I live in CA) and it says it will arrive Monday, October 1st. We shall see :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I signed up too late for September, was bummed because it looked like a good box.
They will do the first round of shipping on the 1st.

Originally Posted by nicolispicoli /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Was charged $16.16 (I live in CA) and it says it will arrive Monday, October 1st. We shall see :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I signed up too late for September, was bummed because it looked like a good box.
Oh only if that was true :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

It would so be worth coming in to work on  Monday morning :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> haha

Back