Sample Society: October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Everything else sounds nice, but there is no product in the world I hate to get more than self tanners :'(
Me too.  I'll try just about any type of product, except that one.  I'm very fair complected and like to stay that way.

The rest of the box I will at least try, and will probably be happy with it.

This is my 5th month with Sample Society, and the first time I havent recieved a makeup item from them.  Someone else here did state that the April and May boxes didnt contain any makeup items, so maybe its not the rule with Sample Society.

I get 2 Birchboxes.  I'm really hoping for a makeup item in at least one of them! 

This is my 5th month with Sample Society, and I have 2 subs with Birchbox for almost a year.  What I really, really want samples of is some nicely scented bath products or a hand or foot cream.  I have seen others get them in their Birchboxes, but not me.  Every month I hope! 

I'm excited for the Erno Lazso product.  As long as the sample isnt teeny tiny this will make the box for me.  I'm happy with the other products as well, except for the Jane I. product which will be going to my sister.

Just got my shipping notice and the dashboard is already updated.

• bla-051_small2a.jpg
  • Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Color Safe Hair Care Deluxe Sample

• ern-057_small2a.jpg
  • Erno Laszlo Phormula 3-9 Balm Deluxe Sample

• jic-474_small2a.jpg
  • Jane Iredale Tantasia Self Tanner Deluxe Sample

• kat-058_small2a.jpg
  • Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Deluxe Sample

• wsd-028_small2a.jpg
  • Aromachology Clean & Fresh Eau De Parfum Deluxe Sample

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got my shipping notice and the dashboard is already updated.

• bla-051_small2a.jpg
  • Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Color Safe Hair Care Deluxe Sample

ern-057_small2a.jpg
  • Erno Laszlo Phormula 3-9 Balm Deluxe Sample

• jic-474_small2a.jpg
  • Jane Iredale Tantasia Self Tanner Deluxe Sample

• kat-058_small2a.jpg
  • Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Deluxe Sample

• wsd-028_small2a.jpg
  • Aromachology Clean & Fresh Eau De Parfum Deluxe Sample

Dalylah, thank you for posting the pictures!

That EL product does look like one of those teeny little tubes.   Tomorrow I'll start looking on YouTube for the unboxing videos so I can get an idea of sizes before my box arrives.  I'm so obsessed!

Just got my email confirmation. Pleasant surprise because I forgot all about SS box coming now. Sheesh... maybe that's a sign I have too much.

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too.  I'll try just about any type of product, except that one.  I'm very fair complected and like to stay that way.

The rest of the box I will at least try, and will probably be happy with it.

This is my 5th month with Sample Society, and the first time I havent recieved a makeup item from them.  Someone else here did state that the April and May boxes didnt contain any makeup items, so maybe its not the rule with Sample Society.

I get 2 Birchboxes.  I'm really hoping for a makeup item in at least one of them! 
Same here.  I don't want/need that product you mention...but I can use it for trade maybe or in my pile of stuff for giveaways.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

This is my first box, so I'm excited about trying all the other stuff!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dalylah, thank you for posting the pictures!

That EL product does look like one of those teeny little tubes.   Tomorrow I'll start looking on YouTube for the unboxing videos so I can get an idea of sizes before my box arrives.  I'm so obsessed!
WHOA...that EL stuff is spendy!  Probably a teeny tube...and probably something I wouldn't purchase even if I love it.  

But FWEE!  I can't wait for my box!  

The sample sizes are great, but the very VERY spendy items are usually small tubes. Remember the Sisley? That was a small tube, with a ginormous price tag lol. Thank goodness I didn't fall in love with that sample! Can't wait, it looks like another great month! After getting two makeup items last month, I'm happy with what's coming this month.

ZoomButt.gif

I am amazed that it's just the first day and it's on it's way!  

My dashboard has updated, hmmm... not so excited about it at all.  It's the same as Dalylah's.  

•  
  • bla-051_small2a.jpg
  • Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Color Safe Hair Care Deluxe Sample

ern-057_small2a.jpg

• Erno Laszlo Phormula 3-9 Balm Deluxe Sample

jic-474_small2a.jpg

• Jane Iredale Tantasia Self Tanner Deluxe Sample

kat-058_small2a.jpg

• Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Deluxe Sample

wsd-028_small2a.jpg

• Aromachology Clean & Fresh Eau De Parfum Deluxe Sample
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not a great month for me but you can't win 'em all!
Me either... but I think I might like this fragrance, at least based on the description. I haven't liked the previous two I've received from SS, so here's hoping. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

WOW this is the worst box i've ever gotten (for my personal interests). I've never tanned in my life because i already have darker skin...so what am i suppose to do with his haha nor do I color my hair!

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

WOW this is the worst box i've ever gotten (for my personal interests). I've never tanned in my life because i already have darker skin...so what am i suppose to do with his haha nor do I color my hair!
I feel the same way...

The ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment... deducing by it's non-chubby looking porportions and lack of flip-cap... pulls up a photo with this description:

Deluxe trial-size ( .16 oz/ 5 ml).  The full-size is $85 for 2 oz.  So this tester's a $6.8 value.  It's good for a weekend travel, but dawrfs compared to last month's CellCeuticls face wash.  

I just hope the EL will yeild more then a pea-size worth of product, that needle-nose plier cap looks like the cap for a few of the tiny eye-creams samples that I've already on hand.  The needle-nose plier caps are usually for the tops tiny tubes... because they are so small, you need something extra to grab so you can turn it.  

I'm pretty bummed out about this box. This is my first ever SS box and I had high hopes. I thought I would get last months box, but missed the window. I might be less disappointed if it had been and this was my second box. Oh well, good thing my popsugar box was amazing and arrived this morning, can't be too bummed!

I got one of the products listed in my new beauty test tube and it was one of the only things I didn't like. Booo :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My first Sample Society box and I'm less than thrilled.

I hate tanning products and think it's a really stupid idea since it's October. Must be getting rid of overstock from the summer or something. Also, I can't stand shampoo being sent without the matching conditioner. Seems like a bunch of random extra stuff thrown together. I hope next month is better because this isn't off to a good start.

As much as I despise tanning products, I actually understand them being in fall boxes, as some people want to continue the look as long as possible OR only use tanners in the winter, when they feel pasty.

And, thankfully, hair products for color-treated hair can still be used on untreated hair, so they usually aren't a waste, IMHO.

No, not the most thrilling of boxes this month, but it was still a fair value, and there are three items I'll potentially love, so there is that :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hmmm, the OB shampoo's description on the website actually sounds really great!

Alternate Wet and Dry Shampoos

• In combination with Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo, Pronto Wet is designed for every-other-day use. Keep your coif calendar streamlined with this time-saving routine, one of the most popular trends in professional hair care.

Purifies hair with natural botanicals
  • Removes build-up and boosts volume
  • Scented with a Lemon verbena fragrance
Enjoy the perfect cleanser for your full-wash days – as well as the healthy, full hair you deserve.

Especially Suited For:  All hair types

Essential Elements:  Grape seed oil and Olive oil add moisture. Hydrolyzed Wheat protein helps restructure hair. Silk amino acids help to repair and strengthen hair. AquaFlex technology, a special polymer that coats the hair, provides instant volume.

Free of:  Sulfates and Parabens

For Best Effect:  Wet hair and work into a luxurious lather. Rinse. Follow with Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Instant Volumizing Conditioner. Use every other day, refreshing with Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo in between uses.

Tanning stuff is polarizing...you either like and use it or hate it. Whatever.. I do think SS is fairing better than BB.. generally, there seem to be less complaints or issues every month in the threads. Lol, after feeling spoiled by the last two months, I'm good with what's coming. I'm a skincare and hair nut anyways. Oh yes, #team perfume! I really enjoyed last month's sample.. the Do Son? I'll probably use everything at some point, minus the OB.. I'm on a no poo regimen, so into the swap/gift stash with that. Wonder if they'll do another mystery box soon.. I did purchase one before and was pretty happy with it.  

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tanning stuff is polarizing...you either like and use it or hate it. Whatever..

I do think SS is fairing better than BB.. generally, there seem to be less complaints or issues every month in the threads. Lol, after feeling spoiled by the last two months, I'm good with what's coming. I'm a skincare and hair nut anyways. Oh yes, #team perfume! I really enjoyed last month's sample.. the Do Son? I'll probably use everything at some point, minus the OB.. I'm on a no poo regimen, so into the swap/gift stash with that. Wonder if they'll do another mystery box soon.. I did purchase one before and was pretty happy with it.  
I had the Do Son, as well, and quite enjoyed it. I do agree that while Sample Society may be "boring" a lot of the time, it's been consistently good and occasionally great, which is why I don't mind that it is at the higher price point.

Latest posts

Back