Sample Society: October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was charged $16.16 (I live in CA) and it says it will arrive Monday, October 1st. We shall see :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I signed up too late for September, was bummed because it looked like a good box.
It definitely won't arrive that soon. I'm in WA and know us West Coast ladies get our boxes last. The dashboards will update sometime in the beginning of the month to reflect actual ship dates.

Hahahaha, good to know, thanks ladies! I get my popsugar on Monday, so at least I have that to look forward to!

Originally Posted by jesmari /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I caved and bought a subscription a few hours ago!
rotfl.gif
This will actually be my second box. I was sent a free one in July and loved the products! I tried to not get another beauty sub.. but lately I have been underwhelmed by Birchbox and have a month of Glossybox left, so I am looking for something new. How fast does shipping usually take? My account says it will ship Oct. 1.

Also, I have a question about the Allure subscription that comes with it. I am already subscribed to the magazine and was wondering if they add on 12 months to my current subscription or just start a whole new 12 months after this one runs out. Hopefully, they won't give me two magazines a month till my current one expires or something weird like that.
The FAQ said that you can request a refund of the subscription price - a $15 refund (It's #15 about 2/3 down the page):

https://www.beautybar.com/SampleSociety/About.qs

I already have a subscription through 2014, and would rather have the $15 since I can likely renew for far cheaper than $15/yr. I sent in the request via snail mail within the 30 days, but never heard back. I just assumed they tacked the subscription onto my existing term since I haven't been receiving double issues....

Just wondering if anyone used their coupon code from August to purchase any Jane Iredale products?  Whats your opinion of that brand?

I just used my August code yesterday.  I purchased the Jane Iredale Mystikol in amethyst, and the Alterna Caviar travel set. 

Aside from the Jane Iredale mascara that came in the August box, and the lipstick that was in the June box, I havnet tried any Jane Iredale products.  I'm using the mascara now and like it.  I used the lipstick once, but thought it felt dry, so its sitting in my box of lippies. 

Just wondering what others think of this brand.

I'm also curious to know what others use their 15.00 discount codes on.

Sample Society should update their page to reflect the October box tomorrow!  I wonder if we'll be getting another makeup item?  I have been a member since June, and we have recieved one if not two makeup items every month so far.

The first two I got (April and May), if I remember correctly there wasn't a single makeup product in them! that's actually why I canceled after May (that and I was going out of the country)

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just wondering if anyone used their coupon code from August to purchase any Jane Iredale products?  Whats your opinion of that brand?

I just used my August code yesterday.  I purchased the Jane Iredale Mystikol in amethyst, and the Alterna Caviar travel set. 

Aside from the Jane Iredale mascara that came in the August box, and the lipstick that was in the June box, I havnet tried any Jane Iredale products.  I'm using the mascara now and like it.  I used the lipstick once, but thought it felt dry, so its sitting in my box of lippies. 

Just wondering what others think of this brand.

I'm also curious to know what others use their 15.00 discount codes on.
I tried the lip plumper from her brand through Beautyfix. I like the smell and color and the taste isn't unpleasant. It does seem to be a bit drying. I use a balm with it.

Originally Posted by tgooberbutt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The FAQ said that you can request a refund of the subscription price - a $15 refund (It's #15 about 2/3 down the page):

https://www.beautybar.com/SampleSociety/About.qs

I already have a subscription through 2014, and would rather have the $15 since I can likely renew for far cheaper than $15/yr. I sent in the request via snail mail within the 30 days, but never heard back. I just assumed they tacked the subscription onto my existing term since I haven't been receiving double issues....
Wow good to know. Thanks!

I can't wait for my box to come! I hope they ship tomorrow! I would love to get it quick!

i also hope it is just as awesome as last months, I have loved their boxes compared to other ones.

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The first two I got (April and May), if I remember correctly there wasn't a single makeup product in them! that's actually why I canceled after May (that and I was going out of the country)
I've been a member since June, and have recieved one or two makeup products each month. 

June had just one (Jane Iredale lipstick) and every month since then has had 2 makeup products, if you count the nail polish we rec'd in August as a makeup item.

I'm going to be stalking this thread tomorrow for the pictures of Octobers box.  Mine always updates late, and I always see it here first.  You guys are awesome for doing that!

I finally signed back up for Sample Society after getting 2 boxes when the first started.  The first 2 boxes I got didn't have a single makeup item in them and while I don't mind skin care, that's not all I want.  So, after seeing the past few boxes, I decided that I would sign up again.  My Dashboard has updated with the October items and I must admit, it's kind of a let down after the past few months boxes...

Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Color Safe Hair Care Deluxe Sample.  I hate getting just a shampoo sample or a conditioner sample.  I have a hang up where I have to use the shampoo and conditioner together for some reason.

Erno Laszlo Phormula 3-9 Balm Deluxe Sample - Not a bad sample, but not exciting either.  I've never been a huge fan of Erno Laszlo.

Jane Iredale Tantasia Self Tanner Deluxe Sample - I'll use this, but I think it's odd that they are sending out a self tanner in the fall.  It's not really shorts/tank tops weather any more.

Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Deluxe Sample - I'm excited for this one.  I love scrubs and I've heard great things about this.  Glad I finally get to try it.

Aromachology Clean & Fresh Eau De Parfum Deluxe Sample - I absolutely love perfume samples and can never have enough (seriously!  I can't figure out why everybody hates them!). 

So, all in all, not a bad box, but I'm really bummed that there isn't a single makeup item.  That's really what I was looking forward to.

Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally signed back up for Sample Society after getting 2 boxes when the first started.  The first 2 boxes I got didn't have a single makeup item in them and while I don't mind skin care, that's not all I want.  So, after seeing the past few boxes, I decided that I would sign up again.  My Dashboard has updated with the October items and I must admit, it's kind of a let down after the past few months boxes...

Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Color Safe Hair Care Deluxe Sample.  I hate getting just a shampoo sample or a conditioner sample.  I have a hang up where I have to use the shampoo and conditioner together for some reason.

Erno Laszlo Phormula 3-9 Balm Deluxe Sample - Not a bad sample, but not exciting either.  I've never been a huge fan of Erno Laszlo.

Jane Iredale Tantasia Self Tanner Deluxe Sample - I'll use this, but I think it's odd that they are sending out a self tanner in the fall.  It's not really shorts/tank tops weather any more.

Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Deluxe Sample - I'm excited for this one.  I love scrubs and I've heard great things about this.  Glad I finally get to try it.

Aromachology Clean & Fresh Eau De Parfum Deluxe Sample - I absolutely love perfume samples and can never have enough (seriously!  I can't figure out why everybody hates them!). 

So, all in all, not a bad box, but I'm really bummed that there isn't a single makeup item.  That's really what I was looking forward to.
blink.gif
I agree that is definitely a let down. I dont want any of those things.

Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aside from the self tanner, I"m ok with the box. Have to agree with you on the ExfoliKate. Very excited for that! Just have to remind myself that this is an opportunity to try a variety of things, even if not my choice.
icon_lol.gif
Who knows... I might be pleasantly surprised!

I went ahead and cancelled the membership, I see it going back to the boxes we received the first 3 months and Im not interested in that... its just not worth 16.24 to me. I have to get this box according to CS since they already charged me, so oh well.

I have been waiting for one of the sample boxes to send out Exfolikate for sooo long!  Way to go Sample Society!

I'm okay with this box as long as the perfume isn't another vial.  I don't care how expensive it is if you promise deluxe samples I don't want any perfumes in vials or any products in foil packets. 

Aside from the Jane Iredale mascara that came in the August box, and the lipstick that was in the June box, I havnet tried any Jane Iredale products. I'm using the mascara now and like it. I used the lipstick once, but thought it felt dry, so its sitting in my box of lippies.

Just wondering what others think of this brand
I really like what I've received. The Lip Plumpers are nice although I don't notice much plumping, I like the eye highlighter pencil SS sent free with a purchase (full-size too!), but my favorite is the Powder-Me sunscreen. It kills two birds with one stone, and reduces shine rather than creating it like most other sunscreen. HTH. 

Not gonna look at the dashboard-sounds like it will dash hopes this month. Nope, not gonna look, not gonna...

How do you see what you're getting when you log on to Sample Society? This is my first month. This is what I see when I log on and click the Sample Society button:

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you see what you're getting when you log on to Sample Society? This is my first month. This is what I see when I log on and click the Sample Society button:

At the very top of that page, it says (makeover stuido) and then (sample society) click on Sample Society and the contents of your box should appear.  Mine still shows last month, so it this is your first box, you might just get the page you are looking at until it updates.  Mine usually updates late in the day.

Back