Sample Society: September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I signed up again too.

I wish I hadn't missed out on last months box but that's okay! It was good to cull down my subs some. It was getting a little crazy.

Originally Posted by sprite9034 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm going to try REALLY hard not to peek to see what we're getting this month... I feel like the only thing I'm missing from this sub is the element of surprise ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I try really hard not to read any spoilers since everyone gets the same box, I really like the element of surprise. It does make it really exciting to open your box! Of course last month was nearly impossible to avoid since everyone was raving about the DL polish. I also found I was making up my mind about samples before actually using them and I don't want to be like that.

My dashboard said my box was shipping September 3rd when I signed up, now it says September 10th. 
frown.gif
  I guess because of the holiday?

Originally Posted by Adrigirl81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My dashboard said my box was shipping September 3rd when I signed up, now it says September 10th. 
frown.gif
  I guess because of the holiday?
Every month it'll say a very early ship date; I think that's just when labels are being created. Then boxes are put together and actually ready to ship..the dashboard will update to a real ship time. That's my impression, at least.

What a freaking bummer! I just posted something on their facebook page. My dash says ships the 10th too! So 2 months ago we were getting them like the 3rd or 4th- now i'm betting I won't see this box until the 14th! I noticed they haven't charged yet either and they usually charge the 28th. 

Can't believe this 'first monday' crap that they switched to! I'm betting that's why it's not shipping till the 10th. First Monday is a holiday so instead of shipping Tuesday the 4th they are pushing it back another week, to the first technical shipping monday of the month. 

BUMMER! I wanna see what we're getting!! 
icon_cry.gif

I have noticed that whenever it ships for the previous month the dashboard picks the same number for the next month... that is until they update it to the true Monday date. August shipped on the third so all of our dashboards said Sept 3 until they got ready for actually packing up and sending when they changed it to cover the holiday.

i just called them and asked what was up. I told them i was just wondering because that's a much later shipping date than normal. The Representative didn't really know- he said he hadn't heard anything about it shipping late but would check on it and make sure they send out an email or make a statement or something if that was the case. I deleted my post on facebook asking because i figured if that was the case they'd do a post on their own. I'm glad they'll let us know! (even though i'm the only one whining!) 

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i just called them and asked what was up. I told them i was just wondering because that's a much later shipping date than normal. The Representative didn't really know- he said he hadn't heard anything about it shipping late but would check on it and make sure they send out an email or make a statement or something if that was the case. I deleted my post on facebook asking because i figured if that was the case they'd do a post on their own. I'm glad they'll let us know! (even though i'm the only one whining!
I'm inwardly whining- Thanks for being the vocal whiner ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just received this email from them:

Greetings,

You’re probably looking forward to your long Labor Day weekend and so are we! However, we’ve been so busy here at Sample Society HQ that the coming holiday kind of slipped our mind. (Our bad, we know). As a result, your September box will be shipping a little later than scheduled. We apologize for the inconvenience but we’re confident you’re going to love the box we’ve curated for you this month. (Hint: it’s our most glamorous one yet).

Again, our sincerest apologies. We appreciate your patience.

Have a beautiful Labor Day,
The Beauty Bar Team

That's what i'm thinking! Can't wait to see what the most glamourous box yet means! worth the wait i guess! I'm betting birchbox, myglam, and sample society all get delievered the same week this month!

I noticed they are now carrying Dr Jart. I love those BB creams so that is what I am hoping is in this months box!

Did anyone else get the email from Beauty Bar? I'm really curious, but sad to see they're shipping later in the month. I'm always last to get a box and feel that a lot of people have already geared up for the next month by the time I receive mine.. anyways, here's what it said: Greetings, You’re probably looking forward to your long Labor Day weekend and so are we! However, we’ve been so busy here at Sample Society HQ that the coming holiday kind of slipped our mind. (Our bad, we know). As a result, your September box will be shipping a little later than scheduled. We apologize for the inconvenience but we’re confident you’re going to love the box we’ve curated for you this month. (Hint: it’s our most glamorous one yet). Again, our sincerest apologies. We appreciate your patience. Have a beautiful Labor Day, The Beauty Bar Team

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone else get the email from Beauty Bar? I'm really curious, but sad to see they're shipping later in the month. I'm always last to get a box and feel that a lot of people have already geared up for the next month by the time I receive mine.. anyways, here's what it said: Greetings, You’re probably looking forward to your long Labor Day weekend and so are we! However, we’ve been so busy here at Sample Society HQ that the coming holiday kind of slipped our mind. (Our bad, we know). As a result, your September box will be shipping a little later than scheduled. We apologize for the inconvenience but we’re confident you’re going to love the box we’ve curated for you this month. (Hint: it’s our most glamorous one yet). Again, our sincerest apologies. We appreciate your patience. Have a beautiful Labor Day, The Beauty Bar Team
I received it also, but its nice of them to send us an email.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup, I already posted it on the first page of the thread
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Back