Sample Society: September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Billed this morning
smilehappyyes.gif

I'm so excited! Sample Society is def my #1 right now, then wantable, then, birchbox, then myglam. last month was my first My Glam. I'll give them 3 months, but I'm already thinking I might cancel- nice sized products and I like that you get a bag instead of a box, but the colors of the stuff just seems not for me. bubble gum pink gloss, iridescent purple eye shadow, and make your eyes bleed neon pink nail polish. I ended up giving some of the stuff to my niece who's a freshman in high school. I think sample society feels so much more sophisticated and expensive.

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so excited! Sample Society is def my #1 right now, then wantable, then, birchbox, then myglam. last month was my first My Glam. I'll give them 3 months, but I'm already thinking I might cancel- nice sized products and I like that you get a bag instead of a box, but the colors of the stuff just seems not for me. bubble gum pink gloss, iridescent purple eye shadow, and make your eyes bleed neon pink nail polish. I ended up giving some of the stuff to my niece who's a freshman in high school. I think sample society feels so much more sophisticated and expensive.
Definitely agree with this assessment on MG vs SS. I put myself on the MG waitlist but after seeing what they are getting this month, its just not for me, and I am 90% sure I wont use/like that stuff. SS on the other hand, is much more my kind of products, and for $6.24 more, I am keeping this for the foreseable future. I do wish they let us pay for 3 or 6 months ahead of time. They are one of the few subscription boxes that don't offer that.

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like both! myGlam for the "fun" bright stuff, SS for the more "grown up" stuff. Makes a nice combination for someone like me who enjoys both types. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And both are far far better than the crap I started getting from BB the last few months...

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like both! myGlam for the "fun" bright stuff, SS for the more "grown up" stuff. Makes a nice combination for someone like me who enjoys both types. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And both are far far better than the crap I started getting from BB the last few months...
This is exactly how I feel.

I get paid tomorrow so my account balance is low, not enough for sample society (well only for a few more hours) and they were courteous enough to email me. Birchbox doesn't even do that anymore. LOVE them. I agree with everything you guys have said here, it just looks/feels more sophisticated and put-together.

Yeahhhh! Charged! I will probably start getting my subs in before I get my order I placed on Aug. 29th from Amazon, OMG they are taking foreverssssssss!!!

The expected delivery date on profiles is only an estimate based on when the order was created. It doesn't mean anything, just ignore it.

I guess the shipment notifications will be sent Monday, and then we can see what we are getting! Yey!

My account was charged last night. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> YAY! Can't wait. I actually don't think I'm going to get Birchbox this month...it just hasn't been wowing me lately.

I signed up for one year on BB and their offering this month is really a little sad.  I hope they will make up for it in the October box.

I'm subsscribed to BB, SS and BA.  I'm pretty darn sure I'll be dropping BA, I've had them for 4 months and have run through nearly allt of their non-foil & non-vial choices.  The only thing that I'm not so hot about for SS is that they charge an additional $1.60 NY tax, something neither BA or BB does.  Not sure why their buisiness model would be singled out for tax while BB isn't, especially since BB is based in NY. 

Though I like SS the most, the $16.60 a month is just at the tipping point.  

ZoomButt.gif

That statement is never right on the website. I think it's a software glitch. They have incredibly fast shipping across the family of sites, but I think the software automatically updates the accounts. If you were ordering a regular purchase, the box would arrive on Monday based on the day the shipping label was generated. But the SS boxes are mailed out differently.

Originally Posted by Ineri218 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This item will be arriving on Monday, September 10. I am in NY so maybe that is why.

Bahh..I wish SS shipped earlier, like on the 1st because I won't be getting my box til the end of the month. It takes two weeks to get to me. Boo! Lol, I've been checking the dashboard, but no update still. Double boo because I'm dying to see what we get, especially after our fantastic August boxes!

My status is shipped, but my tracking # looks like the label has just been made. No updated dashboard yet.

We're getting close!

I wish the dashboad woud update to reflect the September products.  I want to shop, but I'm not going to do it until I see what we're getting. 

Back