Sample Society: September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup, I already posted it on the first page of the thread
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Lol, oops. You're way ahead of me! Well..wonder what they mean by glamorous?? Guesses ladies?

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol, oops. You're way ahead of me! Well..wonder what they mean by glamorous?? Guesses ladies?
I was just feeling evil and wanted to tease ya hehe
hug.gif

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was just feeling evil and wanted to tease ya hehe
hug.gif
Lol, not evil, just playful! I wonder about the glamorous part, though. I think makeup and hair..maybe something expensive? Lol, like a nice lippie or smoky eye..

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm... beauty box companies seem to have a different take on the word "glamorous" in my opinion... When I think of the idea of glamour, I think of long lashes and high heels, haha. Wouldn't that be nice if we had a pair of hot heels? I wear a size 8, Sample Society!
patches.gif

I would love a box with one trendy makeup item in a wearable color (blush, maybe?), some sort of hair styling product in a variety that works for most hair types, a hot new fragrance, a luxury eye cream that comes in a tube bigger than my pinky, and maybe an exfoliating body scrub. If I were putting together a reasonable box of "glamorous" items, that would be my take.

What do you want in your box? Not necessarily a dream box, but more like your "I'm in the mood to get ____ in my box" kind of box.

Blush or maybe a highlighter? Perfume(I love the samples), hair product(s), some luxe face cream, ummm..that's it off the top of my head...falsies again lol..or eye shadow...

I already said I think there will be bb cream this month, but another guess would be a lipstick and false lashes. we know they love to send skincare, so im guessing thats what the other two items will be, either a face or body cream or scrub. Maybe a mask?

I'm sick and twisted because when I hear that a sub is doing a "specially glamorous" box, all I can think of is those old ads Nancy Kwan did for Pearl Cream.

I don't know what they mean by glamourous, but I will be over the moon with any sub that sends me something other than a lip product or a nail polish this month. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know what they mean by glamourous, but I will be over the moon with any sub that sends me something other than a lip product or a nail polish this month. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Right? I'm over nail polish especially at the moment.

Lol, I doubt we get another nail polish, since we got that last month, but who knows..I'm hoping my dashboard updates soon...I want to know! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Right? I'm over nail polish especially at the moment.
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i'd like to add my name to this list, as well.  was nice to finally get a mascara from Birchbox and Sample Society.

I'm so bummed that I missed out on last months box. =(

I even looked on ebay to see if anyone was selling one lol.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I noticed they are now carrying Dr Jart. I love those BB creams so that is what I am hoping is in this months box!
I am so sick of Dr. Jart. Mostly because of birchbox.

Sample Society has quickly become my FAV box.  Really, really excited to see what amazeballs stuff we get this month!

Sample Society's my fave too! I think that it caters to my wants/needs the most, followed by Glossybox and Birchbox. Which is so funny because I used to pimp the crap out of birchbox because I loved it so much. Sample Society can do no wrong IMO

I thought they did a horrible job on July's box. I almost cancelled. If it weren't for the $15 credit(after sending them two not so happy emails), I definitely would have cancelled. Now, I'm glad I stayed. The August box was great. I hope they keep it up.

I dont know why but I really think this month will be pretty awesome, call it a gut feeling.. plus, they wouldnt want to slide back down after last months box, will they? 
wink.gif

You never know, maybe it's a marketing strategy? Make one month great and the other bad. that way, it keeps their customer thinking, "maybe next month will be great, I'll stick around and see, but if it sucks, I'll cancel!" of course the following month will be great and the customer will continue their subscription. It's like a never ending cycle. This is how I mainly feel about birchbox, not sample society lol

Back