Sample Society September 2103

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hii Ladies!!

I am new here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am also new to Sample Society, this will be the first time I will receive a box.

I signed up for Birchbox, Ipsy & Sample Society all at once. My August Birchbox was okay, the only thing I really could use was the Jouer Eye Definer. The things I read made it seem a lot more spectacular than what I actually received. I did not cancel the subscription, I am willing to give it another try. 

My Ipsy was a bust! Once I finally rec'd a tracking number, it never updated. 12 days later still NOTHING, I contact Ipsy was told my package was lost & they would send me a replacement, immediately! Next morning, got email that stated we are refunding your money because our warehouse does not have anymore August bags available! LOL ... apparently Ipsy didn't want my little $10, they sent it back super fast - even before I got the email. Subscription ---> cancelled! So I sure do hope Sample Society is a great box! 

Now I have seen Kits A-C posted up here by you all, but mine says D, should I be worried??? lol, of course I would get one that no one else has said anything about....yet o.o I am starting to think I have bad luck with the boxes. My curiosity makes me find sites like this one so I can "spy" on my box! But I cannot spy if yall' don't write anything about it =D

ooh I forgot, I signed up for LIttle Black Bag too ... I rec'd my 2nd order from them already (love) but heres the but --> mysteriously my 1st order has never made its way to my door! mmmhmmmm Yall see where I am going with this? 

Save my day and tell me that a D is a lot better than it sounds right now?!?!

xoxo

(I promise I dont always gripe or write a million words, just playing catch up since I am new)

Originally Posted by AlmaPerdida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hii Ladies!!

I am new here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am also new to Sample Society, this will be the first time I will receive a box.

I signed up for Birchbox, Ipsy & Sample Society all at once. My August Birchbox was okay, the only thing I really could use was the Jouer Eye Definer. The things I read made it seem a lot more spectacular than what I actually received. I did not cancel the subscription, I am willing to give it another try. 

My Ipsy was a bust! Once I finally rec'd a tracking number, it never updated. 12 days later still NOTHING, I contact Ipsy was told my package was lost & they would send me a replacement, immediately! Next morning, got email that stated we are refunding your money because our warehouse does not have anymore August bags available! LOL ... apparently Ipsy didn't want my little $10, they sent it back super fast - even before I got the email. Subscription ---> cancelled! So I sure do hope Sample Society is a great box! 

Now I have seen Kits A-C posted up here by you all, but mine says D, should I be worried??? lol, of course I would get one that no one else has said anything about....yet o.o I am starting to think I have bad luck with the boxes. My curiosity makes me find sites like this one so I can "spy" on my box! But I cannot spy if yall' don't write anything about it =D

ooh I forgot, I signed up for LIttle Black Bag too ... I rec'd my 2nd order from them already (love) but heres the but --> mysteriously my 1st order has never made its way to my door! mmmhmmmm Yall see where I am going with this? 

Save my day and tell me that a D is a lot better than it sounds right now?!?!

xoxo

(I promise I dont always gripe or write a million words, just playing catch up since I am new)
Welcome! I'm only on my second month with Sample Society but I find the boxes don't vary that wildly from one to another so if you're happy with the spoilers so far you should be happy with what's in your box:) I had some problems with a couple of my boxes last month (Taste Trunk, Treatsie and of course I still haven't gotten my Glossybox) but I was able to get them straightened out so hopefully you can too. Birchbox for me is hit or miss but I still have two subs to them because when I do get a good box it tends to be pretty good and for me I've gotten more good boxes than duds. Ipsy last month was just terrible for a lot of people but doesn't seem to be that bad usually. Anyway, I hope you like your SS box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My box is supposed to come tomorrow.  A day earlier than scheduled.

I'm getting my September Sample Society box, BEFORE my August Glossybox. 

YAYY Today it shows me what is included in Kit D :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Deepa Gurnani Clip - SS (The photo will not show up on my dashboard) Jane Iredale Forever Pink Just Kissed Lip & Cheek Stain-SS L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Cream Deluxe Sample-SS MD SolarSciences Evening Repair Serum Mini, Tee Tree / Lavender (this one doesnt have the SS beside it like the rest, does that mean anything?) Suki exfoliate foaming cleanser SS - .25 oz
I have not clue when it will get here, it shipped yesterday it says. Seem to still be the only one with a "D" hehe

Update on the Little Black Bag shipment I spoke of yesterday - just like the Ipsy CSR, this one stated - your package was lost by our carried, we are going to refund your money. I knew it! LOL Funny thing is that it was a "special offer" to get me to sign up with them... hmm 

Thanks to SamHopeM for responding you gave me some useful info as well as some new boxes to go research lol

Nite Ladies ♥

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I most likely will too, not sure when my SS box will arrive but my Glossybox just seemed to actually ship today.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here.  Kind of ridiculous.  Of all of my subs, GB is the closest to being on the chopping block.

Quote: Originally Posted by BuffaloBeautyQT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here.  Kind of ridiculous.  Of all of my subs, GB is the closest to being on the chopping block.
it's certainly crazy.  I didn't "pay" for the August box so I'm not that bothered by it.  I often think of cutting them but they have sent me some great items.  

mine came today...  kit A   I cant believe that clip is $40...   it doesn't it look worth $4..  its cute but I would never pay full price for that..........

Got my box.  UPS didn't deliver first thing this morning.  I guess he had a lot of air shipments to get out.

Anyway stoked to use the $15 on more Suki.  Love that stuff!  

woohoo got my box today too! the clip really doesn't look like $40...

but whatevs. I would have preferred a headband though...

Quote: Originally Posted by BuffaloBeautyQT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm getting Kit A.  I'm mostly okay with the contents, but I've already received the

Elemental Herbology Facial Glow Radiance Peel
in a previous Sample Society box. I've been a subscriber since their second month of operation (April of 2012, I think), so I hope they are not running out of samples or brands to work with.  I really like the focus on skin care and the brands SS samples, so I'd hate to see any more repeats come my way because it would be hard to justify keeping it.

Ironically, I've also gotten three other samples of the

Suki exfoliate foaming cleanser
in the last few months (one from my Test Tube and two from my two Birchbox subs). Kind of a letdown to get something you've tried before but I really like the product so it's not a huge deal to me. One more sample to use up before I buy the full size!

do you remember what month you received the Facial Glow Peel?  I have it already also   but cant find it on my dashboard for some reason...   what did CS say?

Anyone else get their C box yet? I would've liked to try the L'occitane or the facial glow, but didn't get them in my box. After seeing some of the other kits posted here, I am a bit disappointed in mine.

Quote: Originally Posted by productjunkie14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  do you remember what month you received the Facial Glow Peel?  I have it already also   but cant find it on my dashboard for some reason...   what did CS say?h

I personally don't remember which month I got it, but doing a Google search for that product and Sample Society, it looks like it was August 2012. It's not on my dashboard anymore either given that it was so long ago. I haven't contacted CS yet.  I wanted to wait until I actually have the box in hand (should be delivered sometime today).

Quote: Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  woohoo got my box today too! the clip really doesn't look like $40...

but whatevs. I would have preferred a headband though...

Don't be too jealous -- Box B content comment inside.

My box B "headband" might fit a guinea pig, but that's about it.  I think it's actually a pony tail holder.  Luckily, my hair is long enough to use it, but it won't work for folks with short hair.

I hate that any time I get on the Sample Society portion of the forums I'm complaining, ugh.  But I just got Kit C in the mail today.  And the moisturizer is EMPTY.  This is my 3rd (and probably FINAL) month with Sample Society.

The first month I got an empty Supergoop eye cream.  I emailed customer service, they told me to "try harder" to get the product out ... and gave me a $5 credit that's pretty much useless.

The second month I got an empty Supergoop serum.  I emailed customer service, they apologized, and apologized for the previous person telling me to "try harder", but gave me nothing.  I even told them how for the last two months with this issue, some customers got refunds, others got new boxes, full sized products, etc. 

I decided to continute giving SS a chance, thinking maybe it was just Supergoop's fault with their samples.

But, nope.  Today my MD SolarSciences moisturizer came empty.

Anyone else have these kind of issues???

I emailed them once again, but I doubt it will come to anything, and I doubt very seriously that they will actually fix it.  It sucks, because the rest of the products I've been receiving every month have been great!  (And I even told them so)

I hate that any time I get on the Sample Society portion of the forums I'm complaining, ugh.  But I just got Kit C in the mail today.  And the moisturizer is EMPTY.  This is my 3rd (and probably FINAL) month with Sample Society. The first month I got an empty Supergoop eye cream.  I emailed customer service, they told me to "try harder" to get the product out ... and gave me a $5 credit that's pretty much useless. The second month I got an empty Supergoop serum.  I emailed customer service, they apologized, and apologized for the previous person telling me to "try harder", but gave me nothing.  I even told them how for the last two months with this issue, some customers got refunds, others got new boxes, full sized products, etc.  I decided to continute giving SS a chance, thinking maybe it was just Supergoop's fault with their samples. But, nope.  Today my MD SolarSciences moisturizer came empty. Anyone else have these kind of issues??? I emailed them once again, but I doubt it will come to anything, and I doubt very seriously that they will actually fix it.  It sucks, because the rest of the products I've been receiving every month have been great!  (And I even told them so)
I have not had these issues with them but I find that when I continually have issues with a company it usually works out better to give them a call. I would say ask for a manager but my mom worked in customer service for years and her place of business they would often pass those people off to the designated "manager" of the day who in fact was just another CS rep. So that doesn't always work. But, I find I can explain better over the phone and generally come off more sympathetic. I hate making phone calls if it can be avoided but in cases like these I make an exception. Anyway, that is my suggestion. I hope you get a replacement.

Back