Sample Society September 2103

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything else in this month's box I can't wait to try.  I really wanted to try the moisturizer too, but oh well :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm already a fan of the Suki, so it's good to have a little pot of it for traveling.  (I had Kit C this month!)

Quote: Originally Posted by SamhopeM /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have not had these issues with them but I find that when I continually have issues with a company it usually works out better to give them a call. I would say ask for a manager but my mom worked in customer service for years and her place of business they would often pass those people off to the designated "manager" of the day who in fact was just another CS rep. So that doesn't always work. But, I find I can explain better over the phone and generally come off more sympathetic. I hate making phone calls if it can be avoided but in cases like these I make an exception. Anyway, that is my suggestion. I hope you get a replacement.
I really hate talking on the phone, lol, but you're right.  I guess if their response is lackluster, I'll give them a call.  And if that doesn't help, I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and cancel.  I really hate being a big ol' complainey complainer. Heh.

Well, just got a response.  That was quick, but still nothing.  Here's what they said:

"

Thanks for contacting us again. We're really sorry that you didn't get the chance to fully try the product, and I completely understand how it could affect your experience with the product and with us as a company. Although I'm not a lady, I've always used the sample society as presents both for my mom and wife. And of course they have shared the same view as you in some cases, stating that sometimes there is not enough in some products. I always remind my family that the brands are always high-end and usually all together worth more than 15.00. In addition, each month you also get a $15 off $50 to use on any order containing a product from any of the brands in your box.

Sometimes the more expensive products will come with smaller portions simply for the fact that there are high-end. However by no means should you receive products that are empty. Moving forward, I will have my quality check team supervise your shipments to make sure that the products that actually go into your box has enough for use. This usually resolves any mishaps or issues you may have with the package. I’m sure we can make you a happier sampler now."

So, bleh.  Guess I will call them tomorrow.  I will have plenty of time then since I'll be strapped to a chair at the doc's office getting an iron infusion for 5 hours, bleh.

Quote: Originally Posted by abreeskye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Everything else in this month's box I can't wait to try.  I really wanted to try the moisturizer too, but oh well :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'm already a fan of the Suki, so it's good to have a little pot of it for traveling.  (I had Kit C this month!)

I'm getting Kit C too (for both my subs LOL) and I like the looks of it. I just hope I don't run into any trouble with mine. I haven't tried any of the stuff in it before so it will be nice to have.

I received my kit B today and I am delighted with this box!  When I first saw my dashboard a couple days ago, I was disappointed that I was getting a headband and not a clip.  The "headband" is actually a pony holder, which I will wear.  I have it on my wrist right now, and it makes for a very cute bracelet.  I love it!  I'm also excited to try the products.  My tube of eye cream doesn't appear to have much in it, but I think the weight printed on the tube is correct, its just that the tube is too big for the contents.

I've always been happy with my Sample Society boxes, but I think this is the first time I am excited for every single product in it.  I love getting any kind of skin care items, and would rather have that than makeup, and this box has most all of my skincare bases covered.

Yeah, I was SO excited.  I really want to try everything in it.  Well, I've tried the Suki before and love it, so I totally don't mind getting more, lol.  I thought nothing would go wrong since I wasn't getting anything from Supergoop in this box.  I was SO bummed out by the empty moisturizer.  The kicker ... it was sealed!  What in the world?!  I hope your moisturizer has something in it!  Please let me know if it does ... I'm curious to know if it's just me, or if other people are going to get empties this time too.

Well, just got a response.  That was quick, but still nothing.  Here's what they said:

"

Thanks for contacting us again. We're really sorry that you didn't get the chance to fully try the product, and I completely understand how it could affect your experience with the product and with us as a company. Although I'm not a lady, I've always used the sample society as presents both for my mom and wife. And of course they have shared the same view as you in some cases, stating that sometimes there is not enough in some products. I always remind my family that the brands are always high-end and usually all together worth more than 15.00. In addition, each month you also get a $15 off $50 to use on any order containing a product from any of the brands in your box.

Sometimes the more expensive products will come with smaller portions simply for the fact that there are high-end. However by no means should you receive products that are empty. Moving forward, I will have my quality check team supervise your shipments to make sure that the products that actually go into your box has enough for use. This usually resolves any mishaps or issues you may have with the package. I’m sure we can make you a happier sampler now."

So, bleh.  Guess I will call them tomorrow.  I will have plenty of time then since I'll be strapped to a chair at the doc's office getting an iron infusion for 5 hours, bleh.

Wow, what an awful response. Basically it's a screw you, you got enough stuff without that product so I don't care. I actually emailed them once to ask if I could pay on the first instead of when they wanted to bill me (hey, I get paid on the first, I was out of money til then) and I got a snotty response about how they might be out of boxes by the first and I did not want to miss out on this month's box so I should pay now instead. Usually when I ask to pay at a later date companies have no problem with it and are totally accomadating and understanding. So that kind of turned me off a bit but I'm still willing to stick with them because I still don't have the kind of problems with them that I have with Glossybox.

And sorry you have to have an iron infusion. I've never had one but it sounds most unpleasant.

My MD SolarSciences was totally empty as well ): This is the first time I have ever had a problem with any of their samples. I know a lot of people had issues with the supergoop samples they sent out the last 2 months. Hate that this happened to you 3 months in a row

Awww, that sucks!  I was thinking about checking out Glossybox if I axed Sample Society.  Hmmm.  Well, I said this last month ... but maybe I will give them one more month.  I mean, I really like the other stuff, and feel that there's enough of it to consider them "deluxe" samples. 

And thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  The iron infusions aren't too terribly bad.  Just time consuming more than anything else.  I'm actually kind of looking forward to it in a weird way, lol.  It will be great to not feel exhausted all the time, and not sleep 16 hours a day and get nothing accomplished!

Quote: Originally Posted by 4loveofmakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My MD SolarSciences was totally empty as well ): This is the first time I have ever had a problem with any of their samples. I know a lot of people had issues with the supergoop samples they sent out the last 2 months. Hate that this happened to you 3 months in a row
Oh no!  So that leaves me to believe it is an error on Sample Society's part.  I swear, with their responses ... they almost make me feel like I'm trying to make this all up.  Good to know I'm not completely crazy, but sad to know that other people are getting empties.  Have you contacted customer service?

Glossybox has good stuff in it and all it just is a shipping nightmare. I got my shipping notice last Thursday and it didn't actually ship until Tuesday. This is August's box and I won't get it until at least September 10th. I love their packaging (which I know is totally not a reason to stick with them) and I like the things they offer in general but I've been with them two months and I haven't gotten my box in the month it was intended for yet. I'd say it's worth more than the price though.

And yeah, I can totally sleep that long too lol. With me I don't think it's low iron though, I'm just on a lot of medications.

I couldn't wait, lol, so I emailed them again.  This time I got someone that actually cared.  Here is their response:

"Hello Jamie!

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. Again Jaime I apologize for any confusion, inconvenience, and any response that may have offended you. That is definitely unacceptable and we do not want to leave a sour taste in your mouth. We definitely want you to have the best shopping experience possible and obviously in this case it sounds like it is moving in the opposite direction. With that being said I would be more than honored to take a look at this and see if we can resolve this once and for all. Let us get straight to business Jaime. Here we go!

I was able to log into this account with the email address kindly provided below. You are right in the fact that we should not be treating you any different than other customers and we should do anything and everything to accommodate you any way we can. Sample Society is for sure meant to have the customer to really try high end brands before it is actually purchase as a whole. I agree that being stuck with a brand without trying a sample first is not an ideal way of doing business. I do see the previous agents had requested to have these packed with more TLC when getting shipped out. We do not want to make this a re-occurring issue and need to make sure these samples are getting out to you in one piece and you are getting what you paid for. What I am going to do is send out another sample society box from the month of June. The warehouse, again, has been made aware of previous damaged items to put more quality control on it. The September month of Sample Society should be arriving by today September 5th. Please, Jaime, let us know if this happens again because at this point we do not want it to be come something completely ridiculous and frustrating to handle. Jaime I have sent the order confirmation to the august Sample Society box and the tracking number will get sent out when it is officially sent out. Hopefully this has helped for the time being and thank you for letting me assist you!

If you have any further questions, comments, suggestions or concerns, please feel free to contact our friendliest Customer Care team by phone (toll-free, 1-888-696-0423) or by email ([email protected]). We're here to help you out 24 hours a day 7 days a week!!

Have an awesome day,"

It's cool that they are sending me a box out.  But I wasn't wanting a whole new box, lol.  I just wanted what I paid for.  And I really, REALLY wanted them to fix the situation, to look into why we're getting empties!  But I'm glad that at least someone there is listening to me.  I will keep it for another month, since it does sound like they will be looking into it.  I just SO hope I don't get any more empties!

Glossybox has good stuff in it and all it just is a shipping nightmare. I got my shipping notice last Thursday and it didn't actually ship until Tuesday. This is August's box and I won't get it until at least September 10th. I love their packaging (which I know is totally not a reason to stick with them) and I like the things they offer in general but I've been with them two months and I haven't gotten my box in the month it was intended for yet. I'd say it's worth more than the price though.

And yeah, I can totally sleep that long too lol. With me I don't think it's low iron though, I'm just on a lot of medications.
I've heard that GB is totally worth the money!  I think my husband will kill me though if I get one more sub box, hahah.  The shipping does kind of sound nightmarish though.  Hmmm.

I've heard that GB is totally worth the money!  I think my husband will kill me though if I get one more sub box, hahah.  The shipping does kind of sound nightmarish though.  Hmmm.

I'm right now up to 24 subs ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I keep saying I'm going to quit Honest but so far I haven't and I'm due to have my next shipment ship on the 26th. Actually, no, I *think* it's 23 now because I'd had 2 GB's for some reason and I cancelled one LOL.

Oh no!  So that leaves me to believe it is an error on Sample Society's part.  I swear, with their responses ... they almost make me feel like I'm trying to make this all up.  Good to know I'm not completely crazy, but sad to know that other people are getting empties.  Have you contacted customer service?
You are definitely  not the only one others have been having problems, check out the threads for the last 2 months.  I emailed them, they replied really quick and told me I would be getting a $5 refund, which I am happy with, but think it is totally shady and unfair they do not have a standardized compensation when the same issue occur. Hate that your are having these issues, this has been my favorite sub in the past, hopefully they get things straightened out.

Awww, that sucks!  I was thinking about checking out Glossybox if I axed Sample Society.  Hmmm.  Well, I said this last month ... but maybe I will give them one more month.  I mean, I really like the other stuff, and feel that there's enough of it to consider them "deluxe" samples.

And thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  The iron infusions aren't too terribly bad.  Just time consuming more than anything else.  I'm actually kind of looking forward to it in a weird way, lol.  It will be great to not feel exhausted all the time, and not sleep 16 hours a day and get nothing accomplished!

You have a good attitude about the infusions.  I work in the Infusion and Pheresis unit of a large hospital. Most of my patients aren't too pleased about having to spend so much time there.  Its great that you feel so much better afterwards.

Have you tried cutting off the top of the tube, so you can actually get to what product is in there? I always do this when my tube products are nearly empty and get a lot more use out of them.

I'm right now up to 24 subs ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I keep saying I'm going to quit Honest but so far I haven't and I'm due to have my next shipment ship on the 26th. Actually, no, I *think* it's 23 now because I'd had 2 GB's for some reason and I cancelled one LOL.

Wow!  Which ones do you sub to? (I know OT)

Good gravy!  I bet you have goodies dropped off at your door almost every day!  That sounds like a dream come true to me, hahah.  I want to try some food subs, but haven't figured out which to try first as of yet.  I even thought about getting Loot Crate for my husband, since we're both into geeky stuff.  I tried to sell him on Birchbox Man, I even showed him the funny "ball" powder that a friend of mine's husband got a couple months ago, but he just wasn't having it. 

Quote: Originally Posted by 4loveofmakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  You are definitely  not the only one others have been having problems, check out the threads for the last 2 months.  I emailed them, they replied really quick and told me I would be getting a $5 refund, which I am happy with, but think it is totally shady and unfair they do not have a standardized compensation when the same issue occur. Hate that your are having these issues, this has been my favorite sub in the past, hopefully they get things straightened out.

I really do hope they get all of this straightened out, because I honestly do like the other stuff they send.  Sampling is an excellent way of seeing if I like the higher end stuff before forking over the cash for the full sizes.  Plus, I've been introduced to so many brands I'd never even heard of, or just walked right past in Ulta or Sephora in the past!

Quote: Originally Posted by Tigerlilly6309 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You have a good attitude about the infusions.  I work in the Infusion and Pheresis unit of a large hospital. Most of my patients aren't too pleased about having to spend so much time there.  Its great that you feel so much better afterwards.
Awwww, I know it's a pain for a lot of people.  I have only had them once before, and I did notice that they really helped me ... so that's why I'm trying to remain positive.  And I'm going to a new Hematologist, I actually just met with him yesterday.  I'm glad they are getting me in quick, because I don't want it to wind up as bad as it was before.  (my blood volume, can't remember what it was called was 6.something, and my stored iron was 2, free iron like 10)  This time it's not as extreme, but the doc said it's better to just go ahead and get on a schedule to maintain it as I need it, that it's hard on your organs to let it yo-yo like I had been.  Plus ... they have a television, and he said to be sure to bring my laptop since they have free wifi there.  So, I'm hoping to get work done, since I work from home, while there.  And, of course, surf Makeup Talk, hahah.

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you tried cutting off the top of the tube, so you can actually get to what product is in there? I always do this when my tube products are nearly empty and get a lot more use out of them.
That hadn't even occurred to me to try!  I'll have to try that ... I still haven't thrown away the other empties I got from them, they are still in my sample stash container.  Because I really, really do want to try them.  I was especially interested in trying the moisturizer from this month, and the supergoop eye cream from a couple months ago.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow!  Which ones do you sub to? (I know OT)

LOL I have two to each of the following:

Birchbox

Ipsy

Wantable Makeup

Sample Society 

and had two to Glossybox but cancelled one last night

I have one each to the following:

Blush Beauty

Glossybox

From The Lab

Volupties

Goodies

Goodies Kids

Tatse Trunk (Sweet Tooth)

Orange Glad

SkoshBox

Naturebox

Treatsie

Love With Food

Love With Food Deluxe

Yumvelope

Honest 

and I'm currently taking a break from Graze.

I've also been subbed to GetPetBox (both cat and dog) and Barkbox and I've been thinking about Knoshbox.

To get this back on subject, I get my SS boxes on Tuesday. I'm excited for the toner and the clip.

Back