Sample Society September 2103

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got Kit B, the "headband" was a pony tail holder, but its okay becase I HATE headbands that go all the way around my head, they make the hair poof up in that one spot under my hair and it just doesn't look good. I like traditional head bands. the pony tail holder is kinda tight, AKA won't make it twice around my thick hair, so I'll wear it as a bracelet instead. my solarsciences eye "emulsion" was kinda empty. maybe 1/3 full, I held it up to the light to see...all the eye creams I've been getting from SS are like that and it sucks because I'm really looking for a good one. my dark sunken in under eye circles (thank you heredity -__-) I'm 19 and really looking to make them less obvious and less....purple/yellow. the supergoop eye creams was basically empty and they sent me another box the other month, so between the two of them, I got some usable stuff and I really like it! its just kinda oily and makes it shiney underneath my eyes and I'm not sure how I feel about it. but it seems to make my undereye circles less purple and more yellow, so thats a good thing, right?

ohh, I emailed before writing this post about the solar sciences and I got a reply already!!!

"Hey there Katlyne,

Thank you for your email. I know I look forward to my beauty samples so I totally get the bummer of having one be empty. I am so sorry about that! Now, I cannot just replace the MD SolarSciences Daily Eye Repair so I am going to send you a whole new box. You can have extra samples galore! You should receive that by the end of next week. I hope this helps!

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-888-696-0423 or email us at [email protected]. We are here 24/7 to help you in any way we can!

Thanks again and have a great day!

Sarah
Customer Care Team
Beautybar.com, A Familyhood Site"

wooh, although, I wish they would just send it out correctly in the first place though, because so far, this is three months in a ROW that this has happened, I feel like they're going to flag my account soon!

I'm happy with my box this month. I thought the items and value were really great. I love the mini glass L'Occitane jar. Too cute. The hair clip is worthless. I would never wear that.

Quote: Originally Posted by BuffaloBeautyQT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I personally don't remember which month I got it, but doing a Google search for that product and Sample Society, it looks like it was August 2012. It's not on my dashboard anymore either given that it was so long ago. I haven't contacted CS yet.  I wanted to wait until I actually have the box in hand (should be delivered sometime today).

I just called Customer Service  they gave me a 5 credit to the beauty bar site..  Ill take it I think that is more than generous..  now I just need to hold out as I am on a no buy  very tempting since I can use with the 15 off...  must wait... 

Quote: Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm happy with my box this month. I thought the items and value were really great. I love the mini glass L'Occitane jar. Too cute. The hair clip is worthless. I would never wear that.

I'm going to wedding in a couple weeks, I'll wear the clip for it, but if I didn't have one, I  would think the same.  I might wear mine during the holidays to parties or NYE.  

Anyone else get their C box yet? I would've liked to try the L'occitane or the facial glow, but didn't get them in my box. After seeing some of the other kits posted here, I am a bit disappointed in mine.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dena Fletcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My l'occitane lotion smells old... : (

I think it's a discontinued product.  

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you tried cutting off the top of the tube, so you can actually get to what product is in there? I always do this when my tube products are nearly empty and get a lot more use out of them.
That hadn't even occurred to me to try!  I'll have to try that ... I still haven't thrown away the other empties I got from them, they are still in my sample stash container.  Because I really, really do want to try them.  I was especially interested in trying the moisturizer from this month, and the supergoop eye cream from a couple months ago.

You'd be amazed how much can be in tubes and unable to be squeezed out! I will dig out what is in a tube and keep it in a little pot. With a Missha BB cream after it could no longer be pumped out, I cut off the end of the tube and had enough for 3 more WEEKS of use. With smaller sample tubes, I usually get at least a few uses out especially of things like eye creams :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Companies really seem to love putting very small samples in packaging much too large for the amount.

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You'd be amazed how much can be in tubes and unable to be squeezed out! I will dig out what is in a tube and keep it in a little pot. With a Missha BB cream after it could no longer be pumped out, I cut off the end of the tube and had enough for 3 more WEEKS of use. With smaller sample tubes, I usually get at least a few uses out especially of things like eye creams :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Companies really seem to love putting very small samples in packaging much too large for the amount.
I know, right?!  It's like ... if you are only going to put that much in a tube, why waste the money on tubes?  Why not save money and just stick it in a foil and call it what it is ... a foil!  LOL

Got my September boxes today, both were Kit C so I'll probably end up giving one to a friend. Wasn't unhappy with it since it's a perfectly fine kit and all just not my kind of stuff. Anyway, when I opened up the one box (I didn't bother opening both) everything was lightly coated in fine black granuals. Did this happen to anyone else? It's no big deal as it'll rinse off just seemed odd.

Quote: Originally Posted by SamhopeM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got my September boxes today, both were Kit C so I'll probably end up giving one to a friend. Wasn't unhappy with it since it's a perfectly fine kit and all just not my kind of stuff. Anyway, when I opened up the one box (I didn't bother opening both) everything was lightly coated in fine black granuals. Did this happen to anyone else? It's no big deal as it'll rinse off just seemed odd.
Yes, every box I've gotten so far has had the black stuff all over the products ... it's from the black grass filler they use!

I was waiting to post about it to make sure that I did actually receive what they said they were going to send.  I've decided to hang in there for a little while longer!

I finally got a hold of someone in customer service that was willing to *listen*!  They apologized profusely, and said they were going to investigate why some of these samples are empty ... that they've gotten too many complaints about it. 

They said they would send me June's box to make up for it.  I got it today, and for some reason it's the August box, but honestly that's totally fine with me! 

So hopefully they are going to look into this matter, and things will be A-OK from here!

My first month arrived today and it was box "A"!!! I'm super happy about it! The samples are smaller than I expected and you really have to squeeze hard for anything to come out of the Murad but I love that it's delivered by UPS. I was really lucky to get a great customer service rep because I had missed the deadline to sign up but sent an email asking a few questions and I mentioned in my email that I was bummed that I had missed the deadline again. The rep quickly replied back with the answers to my questions and also told me that if I really didn't want to wait a whole month, if there were left overs, she'd be happy to go ahead and set me up however to expect that I could possibly receive any random products since it would be the tail-end of the boxes. Of course, I replied back that I was interested. Didn't hear anything back until the other day when I received a shipping notice and I have no problems at all with my box, in fact I was secretly hoping it would be that one.  First month in and so far so good!!!!

My first month arrived today and it was box "A"!!! I'm super happy about it! The samples are smaller than I expected and you really have to squeeze hard for anything to come out of the Murad but I love that it's delivered by UPS. I was really lucky to get a great customer service rep because I had missed the deadline to sign up but sent an email asking a few questions and I mentioned in my email that I was bummed that I had missed the deadline again. The rep quickly replied back with the answers to my questions and also told me that if I really didn't want to wait a whole month, if there were left overs, she'd be happy to go ahead and set me up however to expect that I could possibly receive any random products since it would be the tail-end of the boxes. Of course, I replied back that I was interested. Didn't hear anything back until the other day when I received a shipping notice and I have no problems at all with my box, in fact I was secretly hoping it would be that one.  First month in and so far so good!!!!
Congrats and welcome! Glad you love your samples and that you were able to be squeezed in this month. I loved the samples this month too.

Quote: Originally Posted by MUfiend /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Congrats and welcome! Glad you love your samples and that you were able to be squeezed in this month. I loved the samples this month too.

Thank you bunches, for the congrats and welcome!!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Tigerlilly6309 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I received my kit B today and I am delighted with this box!  When I first saw my dashboard a couple days ago, I was disappointed that I was getting a headband and not a clip.  The "headband" is actually a pony holder, which I will wear.  I have it on my wrist right now, and it makes for a very cute bracelet.  I love it!  I'm also excited to try the products.  My tube of eye cream doesn't appear to have much in it, but I think the weight printed on the tube is correct, its just that the tube is too big for the contents.

I've always been happy with my Sample Society boxes, but I think this is the first time I am excited for every single product in it.  I love getting any kind of skin care items, and would rather have that than makeup, and this box has most all of my skincare bases covered.

I am happy with my samples but the clip thing is rather difficult to figure out.. First of all, it really does not like thick hair!!! I tried everything, even just tiny sections of my hair and it kept flipping over. The back of the clip was very difficult to even lift up and I constantly had to have something sharp each time that I did so and even when you did get it opened, it felt you couldn't use the lower portion of the clip, if sort of felt like it was glued down around the half way point. Well, it did look pretty in the box (new box decoration, lol!!!)

I thought it was just me being weird. my evening facial repair serum is also empty (solarsciences). I didn't notice it until a few days after I got it and forgot about it. I thought it might be a tube issue  (and talk about unusable, hello Jouer sample in Birchbox!!). I agree with the foil packets. I'd rather have one that I can squeeze out and actually use the product instead of fancy/expensive packaging!

That was fast! They gave me a $3 credit in account to compensate. In the middle of the night Friday night!

Back