Secret Santa 2015 - heads up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry OT, but if you are like me and enjoy buying gifts for others this time of year, and if you have the means to do so, consider adopting a family for the holidays. There are lots of organizations that match people up with families in need, you would need to do some research in you area. Last year my team at work adopted a family in need and had so much fun buying gifts, a tree, and food for a holiday dinner. Seeing how excited the kids were was  something I'll never forget.

I set the last sign up date to be November 15th and the exchange to take place December 7th so that there is enough time to send the packages. Hope that works for everyone if it doesn't please let me know. If you have any suggestions, questions etc please don't hesitate to post them. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> So looking forward to this. It will be fun!!

Here are the rules for participating in Secret Santa.

:santa: Secret Santa 2015 Rules :santa:​
  • minimum of 50 quality posts by the sign up deadline (November 15th, 2015). Posts such as one word answers and "Hi"s don't count. The best way to guarantee you have the minimum count of posts required for participating is to take part in the forums and chat away. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> We look forward to seeing you on the forums.  :luv:

• Must be in good standing with no serious infractions and/or negative trade ratings within the last 12 months.

• Sign ups for Secret Santa are open now and will run until November 15th, 2015

• Sign-ups are done through Elfster . Please be sure to include your MUT user name in Elfster so we know who is who.

• Gifts must be sent out no later than December 15 for domestic delivery to assure delivery by Christmas.

• Shipping via priority mail is no required but tracking is mandatory so that we can keep track of the packages and make sure the recipient ends up receiving the package without problems. Please email your tracking number to @Reija so that we can have it for our records.

• Total gift value should be approximately $25.

• Item(s) must be NEW in their original packaging and never have been used, swatched or opened.

• Once you sign up please do not change your mind and try and back out of Secret Santa because it will cause problems with the participation list. If you have a special unforeseen circumstance, please contact @Reija ASAP to see what we can do.  If you do back out you may be prohibited from participating in future events.

• Include your forum username somewhere on your gift/gift tag to indicate who the gift is from. You may omit your real name if you so choose however do not omit your username.

• Posting photos of the gifts you receive is not required although we would love to see the reveals so everyone can see what you got.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> Please make sure you acknowledge the receipt of gift so that we can keep track of it on our end to assure that everyone receives their gifts. Please post your acknowledgment in the forum or PM @Reija. 

• This is a swap exchange and as with all swap exchanges there is a risk that someone might not send a gift at all (failing to send a gift as agreed upon will remove your from future gift exchanges and swaps). If you do not receive a gift by December 23 please let @Reija know. This is why using tracking to send your gift is so important. With tracking you can prove that your item(s) was sent and we can use tracking to solve potential shipping problems if the package ends up missing. During the holidays shipping gets hectic and packages sometimes get lost. It's best to ship your package out as early as possible to avoid possible problems with the delivery.

• ALLERGIES: If you have an allergy or sensitivity please PM @Reija so that she can inform your Secret Santa. Please note this will not guarantee that your Secret Santa will be able to prevent any reactions as some companies do not list all ingredients.
Participating in Secret Santa is at your own risk.

:santa: Happy Secret Santa Exchange!!!! :santa:​

I was really hoping for a Nail Polish Secret Santa this year.  I had so much fun doing it last year and I really don't wear makeup except eyeshadow, eyeliner, and lipstick.  It looks like we don't have enough people who would be interested in Nails Secret Santa 2015, though.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was really hoping for a Nail Polish Secret Santa this year.  I had so much fun doing it last year and I really don't wear makeup except eyeshadow, eyeliner, and lipstick.  It looks like we don't have enough people who would be interested in Nails Secret Santa 2015, though.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">
Nail Polish one sounds fun!! I'd love to join. I'll open another thread and see if anyone is interested.

I am so stinking excited. After a year from hell, one of my little ones in the hospital for three months, this will hopefully make me smile and take some me time. By the way if you got Jennifer rushing, that's me, momma 4. And, I am dying for lush sympathy for the skin, and bath bombs. Lush and fudge would be awesome.

Sorry to hear your year has been so rough @@Momma4 . Glad you took part in this though! It's so fun! I've been shopping for my exchange partner already and it's so fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can people update their elfster profiles to include their MUT name as their "nickname"?  Since we don't go typically go by our "real" names on here.

Back