Secret Santa 2015 - heads up

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wishlist can be done now. The exchange is set to happen on the 7th of December in Elfster to give people enough time to ship the gift to be received by Christmas. I completed my wish list today and already shopped for my partner. I just want to be a head of the game and shop and ship the gift early. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

Last edited by a moderator:
You can change your 'elf username' to your MUT name,  Settings > Account > Elfster Username > it will appear in " " in the middle of your real name.

Or you can click on your profile and on the left hand side under your profile picture space, there is a nickname square, click on edit and enter your MUT name and that should work as well.

Feeling as though my wish list is lacking so I am trying to add to mine in case my Secret Santa was wondering whoever they are!

Anyways I love picking everything out for partner! The hardest part is staying in this $25 budget, but I think I can do it.

I also wanted to let everyone know if they do not already, that there is a section where you can write what you do not want. This can be helpful say if you have a drawer over-full of mascara!

It is past the 15th though, so your Secret Santa might have already bought you something that you would list there since they didn't know before. It is always good to give it a shot if your partner has not bought anything for you yet though!

Elfester will not let me add anything. It hates my out dated phone But, I love lush and so want sympathy for the skin and bath bombs or bubble bars. I also love bright neon eyeliners, indie polishes, and mascara. Love fudge and scarves too, and citrusy candles.

I was looking through the Elfster website and noticed that three people have not added anything to their wish-lists on Elfster, and just wanted to remind them to do so. This is so that their Secret Santa knows what to pick out for them, and this can be very helpful!

@@cpl100

@@Momma4

@@Bizgirlva

Thank you!
I know I have to do it.  I'm a little daunted by their website.  And I believe I'm supposed to add my user name as a nickname somehow.  Do I have that correct?  Thanks for the push!

@@cpl100 It's really pretty easy. From the home page, go to your wish list. On the left hand side of the screen you'll see an edit button by your name. Click on that and add your MUT name as a nickname.

The wish list is easy too. Click on "Add to wish list" that there will be three tabs. You can either search for an item on their site, paste the link to an item you want, or just type in your list.

@@cpl100 It's really pretty easy. From the home page, go to your wish list. On the left hand side of the screen you'll see an edit button by your name. Click on that and add your MUT name as a nickname.

The wish list is easy too. Click on "Add to wish list" that there will be three tabs. You can either search for an item on their site, paste the link to an item you want, or just type in your list.
Thanks(!) to you I have successfully added my user name as my nick name.  Now on to the hard part!

Hmmm... I can't tell if my items are actually being added to my wish list as I can't find my wish list on the site when I click 'my wish list'.

Thanks(!) to you I have successfully added my user name as my nick name.  Now on to the hard part!

Hmmm... I can't tell if my items are actually being added to my wish list as I can't find my wish list on the site when I click 'my wish list'.
I don't see any particular items but I do see the two posts you added (no eyeshadow/liner and the Roloxin one)

Also, it might be nice to mention if you are allergic to anything and are partial to or can't stand any items/scents/packaging. For instance, I have no problem with most BBW items (their gift packaging is really nice) but I hate the smell of coconut. I have to work on my wishlist too, I keep meaning to do that but by this weekend I swear I'll have some more stuff added! I have a few items I've been keeping in my trade pile that my giftee wished for but I'm not adding their amount to the $25-ish gift total, some people might not like sample sizes so you can use the secret Q & A feature to ask your giftee more specific questions.

Some of mine weren't saving and then I realized it's because I wasn't hitting the save button after adding them.

Back