• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sephora Beauty Insiders Holiday It Kits

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

no!! wth! where do you live?
In san francisco.... but they shipped it from omaha

lame, i'm in az and didn't get one yet.

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol. Im excited for the $10 sale... I got 2 bottles of adora last year and love them... The invite is cool, but I already made 2 F&F orders with the employee code.
Where is the best Sephora in SF to shop? I'll just hop into BART and check all Sephora in there. Heeehee

Where is the best Sephora in SF to shop? I'll just hop into BART and check all Sephora in there. Heeehee
My fave is always Powell. It has a lot of the brands that aren't available in most stores. And they always have events going on. I popped into there before earl one day and ingot my makeup touched up by a stila pro artist. So cool! And on wed before the parade, the store had a tarte event happening. I often go to the sephora inside jcp @ serramonte mall, sijcp store often have things on sale there that normally wouldn't be in a free standing. I also like stonestown but I don't really care for the associates. And the SiJCP in tanforan had the worst associates hands down.

My sis called me from D.C. earlier today and told me she got the catalogue and Black Friday advert. When I got home I eagerly went to check my email/regular mail to see if I had gotten anything....nothing. :-( Hope I get something soon!!

I got the Classic Look kit today. I'm so in love with it!!!! The samples are indeed very deluxe! The Murad cleanser is HUGE! The Nars pencil is a great size. Everything is very generous! I can't believe I got this bag for free!!!

Woah, these samples are all way generous if there was any doubt. The sample bag itself is worth ~$25 of stuff at least (or if Sephora were doing a sub service, they wouldn't be unreasonable to charge that much for it.) And to think this is free on top of the stuff you want. *_* I thought it'd be self-indulgent to get another bag, but I'm seriously seriously considering it now hmmmmm. I should wait a bit until the products I'm interested in are back in stock, though.

Today I got Kit 2 in the mail (I ordered the Eyeko Skinny Mini Duo, Benefit Coral My World, and the Give me Some Lip set) and I LOVE it! I love it so much that I ordered Kit 3 tonight, along with the Tarte Primer Trio and a Coach Poppy Rollerball :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey, so the free tote with purchase that is going on... is it JUST the tote, or does it have stuff in it? I didn't pay attention last year and missed it, but it seems like the description reads that it is JUST the tote with no samples or anything inside. Can anyone recall last year's similar event and whether I might be assuming correctly?

Thanks!

Damn, Sephora restocked this afternoon with TokiDoki stuff. I wanted to wait until I got home to buy things, but they are already all sold out. ): LOL i feel like I'm playing Neopets again with this terrifying edge of not knowing if something you're bidding for is going to get sold out before you can snatch it.

Anyone able to post pics of the kits they received? I'd love to see the actual kits:)

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish they had this in stores.
icon_cry.gif
So I could spend less. (Gotta spend $50 to get free shipping, silly me)
Think of it this way. If you have a Birchbox subscription you're paying $10 for fewer samples. With Glossybox it's $21. It's still a good deal for a little over $30 (after shipping) depending on what you pick.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Think of it this way. If you have a Birchbox subscription you're paying $10 for fewer samples. Get a $1 or $3 item and pay the $5.95 shipping to get that. You'll be getting several good size samples plus a full size item for $6.95 to $8.95 which is LESS than a Birchbox.
I think there's a $25 minimum, so the minimum purchase is about $31/32 after sales tax + shipping. The alternative is to get a friend to give you a Wrapp.com gc of course :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, I realized that as soon as I posted which is why I modified my post. LOL I was like, "d'oh! There's a minimum."

BTW --

Give me some lip for $25.

This set contains:
- 0.08 oz Fresh Sugar Rosé’ Tinted Lip Treatment (sheer berry rose)
- 0.12 oz Hourglass Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss in Child (sheer nude)
- 0.1 oz Bite Beauty Lip Shine in Vintage (sheer mauve)
- 0.1 oz Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Baby Doll (soft pink shimmer)
- 0.1 oz Tarte LipSurgenceâ„¢ Natural Matte Lip Tint in Hope (warm rose)
- 0.5 oz Sephora Collection Glossy Gloss in Precious Pink (very sheer pink with iridescent shimmer)

Select the The Lasting Impression It Kit:

The Tarte LipSurgenceâ„¢ Natural Matte Lip Tint in Hope is full size (0.1 oz) which alone retails for $24. The Sephora Collection Glossy Gloss is full size and retails for $10. The Laura Mercier Lip Glace is just slightly smaller (0.1 oz) than full size (0.12 oz). The full size retails for $24 while the mini set (4 of the 0.1 oz) retails for $38 (value of $9.50 each). Between the two full size lip products and the rest being deluxe sizes it's well worth the $30.95+ (plus applicable tax).

All that is LESS expensive than Test Tube ($29.95 + shipping + applicable tax on the QVC version).

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gifBetween the two full size lip products and the rest being deluxe sizes it's well worth the $30.95+ (plus applicable tax).

All that is LESS expensive than Test Tube ($29.95 + shipping + applicable tax on the QVC version).
Right! I was just thinking that. I was like "): I shouldn't be spending so much money at Sephora at the end of the year when it's not going to go towards next year's VIB next year" but I feel like just the number and size of the samples we get in the pack is probably worth at least $15-20. They're all very generously sized, and considering we pay $10 for 4-5 for samples from BB, it's definitely worth it.

BTW -- does anyone know how carrying over VIB from one year to another works? Do you hit VIB, and then they tell you you have to spend ____ by a certain date to remain VIB when January comes around? Like at Starbucks it's you have to buy 30 drinks one year when you start your gold membership to keep it, but I know VIB resets in January doesn't it?

From Sephora.

V.I.B. status is conferred on those registered Beauty Insider members who spend a minimum of $350 on merchandise, excluding gift cards, at U.S. and Canadian Sephora stores (including on Sephora online and in Sephora inside JCPenney locations) during one calendar year. V.I.B. status is good for the calendar year in which the BI member qualifies and the following calendar year; annual requalification is required. All aspects of the V.I.B. program are subject to the Beauty Insider Terms and Conditions. Sephora may, in its sole discretion, alter, limit, or modify the V.I.B. program rules, regulations, benefits, eligibility for membership, or any other feature of the V.I.B. program or may terminate the V.I.B. program at any time in its sole discretion, without prior notice. For additional program details, click here

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From Sephora.

Aah okay. So if you spent $350 this January 2013, your VIB status would carry over to 2014, but you'd have to spend $350 all together in 2014.

That's not so bad. I mean if you just wanted the VIB deals and not to spend that much the second year. But I mean, you'd still be dropping a lot on Sephora during those two years, even if you don't read $350 the second year. >:

I placed 3 separate $25 orders to get all the kits.  I'm so impressed by the sizes! The Sephora bag is also really nice as it is a large zippered bag that can fold down via a snap to a smaller compartment.  Love it!  Here are pics:

I was hoping to gift some of these items in the Secret Santa along with main gifts from the wish list so I hope I get someone who wants cosmetics and skin care items or I am going to have a bunch of items up for trade.  Are you hearing this Zadi? 
icon_lol.gif

Back