• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sephora Beauty Insiders Holiday It Kits

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, Beauty.com is a great idea.  No worries about shipping, I go to the States for a few days every other month and pick up all my mail then.  Shipping here is atrociously priced and slow and then customs is added on to it before you can pick it up.  I've noticed that a lot of companies are doing the 20% off right now, probably to compete with Sephora.  Like Julep, I assume they'd rather we buy direct from them then through a retailer like Sephora.com so they put a 20% off sale too.  But Sephora's perks and gifts with purchase are really good and so are other beauty sites like Beauty.com.  It's nice to have options.

I caved and placed an order lol, picked #2 and have a few other things I'm debatingwhich means I can get another itkit... Or just wait...oh decisions!

My husband instant messaged me and said, "There are a lot of charges from Sephora on our account" and I said, "Oh, um, yeah, they're having their sales right now and I had to break it up into a few orders to get the different promotions" to which he said "K - I just was wondering because it was a few hundred dollars plus the regular ones so I wanted to make sure you authorized it.

Also, what is the popsugar?"

Lol.  LOVE that man.  But now I've really got to reign it in.  I'm putting myself on a budget, these sales are crazy and a lot of it is gifts, but jeez.  I've been home sick and bored and on the computer shopping and that is not a good combination for my pocketbook.  Good for friends, yes, good for me financially, no.  Thank goodness I only allow myself to go on splurges every so often.

Darn you, Sephora!  It has a special way under my willpower, can't . . . say . . . no . . . to . . . AWESOME . . . freebies . . . I'm going to work out and work on some endorphins, gotta get my fix somehow.  Oh, yeah, and maybe use up some of the bajillion samples I already have.  I've been working on it but I think it's time to get some more gift boxes together and wrapped and given out.  I have a friend with a new baby, I made him a blanket so I need something for her and there's a girl that I'm starting to get really close to who loves makeup so she's on the list.  Gotta get better first, though, the last thing people want is, "Hi!  Here's a present, by the way, I think I have a sinus infection, would you care to join me?"  Yuck.  It could be just allergies but with a new baby I don't play around, I stay away until I'm 100% sure that I'm completely fine.

I've been home sick and bored and on the computer shopping and that is not a good combination for my pocketbook.  

I just realized how that sounds.  I forgot a comma.  I've been home, sick and bored . . . not homesick and bored.  Being sick stinks.  I'm going to see if I can find an Emergen-C around here, maybe that'll boost my immune system.

I got another gift there so I could have the third IT kit.  My friend gets the Give Me Some Lip, and kit #2 is MINE!  All MINE!  BWAHAHAHAHA!
uglyhammer.gif

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got another gift there so I could have the third IT kit.  My friend gets the Give Me Some Lip, and kit #2 is MINE!  All MINE!  BWAHAHAHAHA!
uglyhammer.gif
That's a great compromise.   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I'd love it if they had such great gift with purchases all the time, these kits are a particularly great perk.  I'm so surprised that they haven't sold out yet.

I'm also on a low-buy.  Allowing myself $30 for the month on top of my boxes.  The 3 bags (plus 9 other samples, mostly perfume) are $18 total on me, and look how many great things I get to play with! 
dance.gif

Erh-hmmm...  I mean...  It feels GREAT to have found my friend a Christmas gift I think she'll really like!  Yeah - that's what I meant!  (and it really does, too.)

Got mine today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think it's the third one. I ended up ordering a set of the 24k tokidoki brushes since I'm a sucker for cute things. Probably won't even use them, they're too cute haha

Originally Posted by BagLady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just realized that got a Sephora makeup remover instead of the Lancome eye makeup remover for the Classic kit. Did anyone else who received the Classic Kit receive the sephora brand instead of the Lancome brand? 
Yes...I was sent the Sephora makeup remover instead of Lancome as well. They must have run out. (my kit arrived on tuesday btw).

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol! Reading it again is making me want to get #2 even though I have 4 of those lip pencils
I had 3 of the Nars Lipstick pencils too (picked them up as 100 point perks) and yet I had to get Kit 2 so I could have a 4th! Great and obsessed minds think alike!

Ugh.  I've placed 3 Sephora orders in less than a two-day span.  There needs to be a support group for Sephora addicts.

Originally Posted by Leslie Wetzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My kit arrived today and i got the lancome remover... :/
I got kit #2 yesterday, and I also got the Lancome remover.

Originally Posted by MarbleSky /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was waiting to bite on one of these until I noticed my bank (BofA) just credited my account for some lawsuit about overdraft fees. Yea! Got the Stila 6 shadow collection for $26 http://www.sephora.com/5th-avenue-smokey-eye-collection-P375465?skuId=1459650 and the #2 kit. Thanks ladies for bringing up the Sephora deal :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Now to debate getting kit #3...
Holy crap, I didn't know about that BofA thing.  Just looked through my account and yay seemingly-free money!  I feel less guilty about my Sephora abuse now. 

Ya know, I was kinda annoyed that they had the eyeshadow card in two bags because it was like a wasted sample.  It's on a card, for heaven's sake - obviously not useable! - and even if it were something I could really try, I need more eyeshadow like I need a hole in the head!  But I got it and it's the weekend and the weekend was made for using up samples, so bygum I got my brushes to see if you actually could use it from the card to the eyes.

Damned if they didn't sell me with that stupid card.  Need or not, this dang pallet is going on my wish list because Sephora made me want it.

Jerks... 
7a.gif
<- (only using this emoticon because I suspect it doesn't get used often and I feel sorry for it)

EDIT TO ADD: and OH MY GOSH they have it in the Birchbox shop!  Saving points SO HARD now!  (And annoyed I used 200 for a gift...)  When I get my 6 month code, it's MINE!  All MINE!!!!

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got kit #2 yesterday, and I also got the Lancome remover.
I got the Sephora remover in mine. 
pissoff.gif

It ticks me off because it was one of the motivations for me behind getting kit #2, because I'd heard rave reviews about the Lancome one and wanted to try it out for myself. Boo Sephora.

Latest posts

Back