• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sephora Beauty Insiders Holiday It Kits

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the eyeshadow card is actually useable! I used a few colors and there's still enough to try another day. I say you could get two uses out of each color. Not too bad!

I found the eyeshadow card is actually useable! I used a few colors and there's still enough to try another day. I say you could get two uses out of each color. Not too bad! Good to know! I'll be getting one when my order arrives and was wondering, since people have received them before in Birchbox and gave mixed reviews.  

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ya know, I was kinda annoyed that they had the eyeshadow card in two bags because it was like a wasted sample.  It's on a card, for heaven's sake - obviously not useable! - and even if it were something I could really try, I need more eyeshadow like I need a hole in the head!  But I got it and it's the weekend and the weekend was made for using up samples, so bygum I got my brushes to see if you actually could use it from the card to the eyes.

Damned if they didn't sell me with that stupid card.  Need or not, this dang pallet is going on my wish list because Sephora made me want it.

Jerks... 
7a.gif
<- (only using this emoticon because I suspect it doesn't get used often and I feel sorry for it)

EDIT TO ADD: and OH MY GOSH they have it in the Birchbox shop!  Saving points SO HARD now!  (And annoyed I used 200 for a gift...)  When I get my 6 month code, it's MINE!  All MINE!!!!
The Stila "In the Light" palette is really special. It's a staple...I use it all the time. (even have a back up one). When you buy it as Sephora, it comes with a Stila smudge proof liner as well. So it's a better deal than BB. Wait for a Sephora sale or the holiday coupon!

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Stila "In the Light" palette is really special. It's a staple...I use it all the time. (even have a back up one). When you buy it as Sephora, it comes with a Stila smudge proof liner as well. So it's a better deal than BB. Wait for a Sephora sale or the holiday coupon!
If you mean the Damsel smudge stick, Birchbox gives it, too.  (I checked that when I saw Sephora had it in their box!) 

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you mean the Damsel smudge stick, Birchbox gives it, too.  (I checked that when I saw Sephora had it in their box!) 
Perfect! Then you are all set!

I used the stila shadows today, and I loved them!

I had previously gotten the In the Garden set from a recent Birchbox, and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the quality of the shadows, even off the card. In the Light is a set I knew I'd be much more likely to use, so when it showed up in the It Kit bags, I was not unhappy to see it. So far, I love it! If I didn't have a billion shadows already, I might consider buying it. I'm also such a sucker for my UD shadows that I generally feel disappointed with anything else. Maybe one day when I've used up a few shadow palettes I will purchase that Stila set.

I hope that these kits will still be around for black friday... Also curious to see what they are offering up this year. I probably have to order online because I have to work black friday. Hopefully I get lucky again and will be able to order again

I got the Bi-facil makeup remover in kit #2 as well... I know xiehan and I ordered around the same time and they seemed to have shipped from the same place so I'm confused
wassatt.gif

The Kate Somerville sample turned out to be a 2mL packet. I mean I understand even that is expensive sample but I feel duped. If they'd run out and sent something else, then I'd get it, but they deliberately advertised it as 0.25oz tube (~7.5mL). I don't care about foil packets because it's a waste of my time. I'm not going to figure out if I'd want to buy a $65 skincare product based on one use.

#firstworldproblems #makeupproblems #crymoar

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope that these kits will still be around for black friday... Also curious to see what they are offering up this year. I probably have to order online because I have to work black friday. Hopefully I get lucky again and will be able to order again

According to Temptalia. the kit promo ends on the 20th!

Nooo.. lol, I'm trying not to do another order! Got my Sephora order and will post a review about the contents soon..but I got the Lancome remover! Also, I tried to score the Kate Somerville tube and received a foil as well..boo! Lol

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nooo.. lol, I'm trying not to do another order! Got my Sephora order and will post a review about the contents soon..but I got the Lancome remover! Also, I tried to score the Kate Somerville tube and received a foil as well..boo! Lol
I sent them an email being disappointed at them for duping us! LOL. Ah well, complaining about samples you get for free doesn't feel right... complaining about ones we pay for is what we're all about here ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I sent them an email being disappointed at them for duping us! LOL. Ah well, complaining about samples you get for free doesn't feel right... complaining about ones we pay for is what we're all about here ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Lol, it did seem misleading! I thought it was a deluxe sample so I added it, too! Then I saw you ladies mention it and then it was gone, so I felt lucky I snagged one..oh well. Win some, lose some.

I posted this on the Black Friday thread, but thought you all might appreciate it too! I got a card from my sephora in jcp tonight that lists their 10 dollar deals. Not sure if they are going to be the same for the free standing stores or online. For what's its worth the items are: Lorac eye primer and eye shadow duo Buxom duo with a big and healthy lip stick and amplyfied lash mascara (both look full size) Ole henriksen trio - invigorating night gel(.25), sheer transformation (.25) and truth serum collagen booster (.5) Gold sephora brush set - face, eye shadow, & eyeliner brush Purity made simple 3 in 1 cleanser for face and eyes (looks like a 12 oz) Tarte Amazonian clay mascara (full size) & multipleye primer (deluxe size)

Originally Posted by Emr410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I posted this on the Black Friday thread, but thought you all might appreciate it too!

I got a card from my sephora in jcp tonight that lists their 10 dollar deals. Not sure if they are going to be the same for the free standing stores or online.

For what's its worth the items are:

Lorac eye primer and eye shadow duo

Buxom duo with a big and healthy lip stick and amplyfied lash mascara (both look full size)

Ole henriksen trio - invigorating night gel(.25), sheer transformation (.25) and truth serum collagen booster (.5)

Gold sephora brush set - face, eye shadow, & eyeliner brush

Purity made simple 3 in 1 cleanser for face and eyes (looks like a 12 oz)

Tarte Amazonian clay mascara (full size) & multipleye primer (deluxe size)
Can you scan that card? or at least post a pic of it? Im really anxious to see it!!!! Please please please!!!

I remember when Sephora did that last year and word of warning... those deal will sell out fast and the site will crap out so be patient.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I remember when Sephora did that last year and word of warning... those deal will sell out fast and the site will crap out so be patient.
I totally remember. I was so worried and anxious. And it didnt help many people that they started the sale early. I was checking the site impusively all day, and updating every five seconds until it launched around 8:45 ish. I got the perfumes I wanted and checked out in under two minutes. Now that im so much more interested in makeup, I regret missing out on every set, the tarte, the stila, the josie maran stick, the bare minerals and the buxom. 

I got my Sephora order today with It Kit 3. I'm totally pleased, but WOW, that Billionaire perfume is TERRIBLE. The first whiff I took was like pepper spray - it burned the inside of my nose! I tried to pawn it off on one of my roomies, but she kept going on and on, saying, "It can't be unsmelled. It can't be unsmelled."

I mean, I am not trying to be dramatic, but this thing smells terrible with my body composition. There's a weird note at the end that is just ick.

Originally Posted by thewendyyybird /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my Sephora order today with It Kit 3. I'm totally pleased, but WOW, that Billionaire perfume is TERRIBLE. The first whiff I took was like pepper spray - it burned the inside of my nose! I tried to pawn it off on one of my roomies, but she kept going on and on, saying, "It can't be unsmelled. It can't be unsmelled."

I mean, I am not trying to be dramatic, but this thing smells terrible with my body composition. There's a weird note at the end that is just ick.
Thanks for the warning.  Am getting mine tonight and will refrain from heavy sniffing!  LOL. 

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the warning.  Am getting mine tonight and will refrain from heavy sniffing!  LOL. 
I think perfumes just smell different to everyone! My sister told me about this perfume called Chloe she really wanted and the last time I was in Sephora, I sprayed it on and ick!! It smells super chemically to me. I then ran over to the Tom Ford section to cover it up with my favourite, Black Orchid XD

I have a lot of perfumes/scents I just don't like or don't feel suit my personal scent. I wear a lot of vanilla or orchid scents, sometimes with musk, as a result. Who knows! Maybe if want a boyfriend who s a billionaire you have to smell like that.
wht.gif

Latest posts

Back