• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sephora Beauty Insiders Holiday It Kits

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by StellaSunshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I placed 3 separate $25 orders to get all the kits.  I'm so impressed by the sizes! The Sephora bag is also really nice as it is a large zippered bag that can fold down via a snap to a smaller compartment.  Love it!  Here are pics:

I was hoping to gift some of these items in the Secret Santa along with main gifts from the wish list so I hope I get someone who wants cosmetics and skin care items or I am going to have a bunch of items up for trade.  Are you hearing this Zadi? 
icon_lol.gif
LOL Well someone is going to have an EXCELLENT Secret Santa gift from you then!

Thanks so much for the pics Stella! I caved and placed a second order this afternoon. Got another of set 2 but am sort of wishing I had gotten set 3. 

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aah okay. So if you spent $350 this January 2013, your VIB status would carry over to 2014, but you'd have to spend $350 all together in 2014.

That's not so bad. I mean if you just wanted the VIB deals and not to spend that much the second year. But I mean, you'd still be dropping a lot on Sephora during those two years, even if you don't read $350 the second year. >:
The ladies at Sephora always tell me "It's not so bad if you think about it; it's less than a dollar a day!"

I made two orders, and got the first two kits you show (which were actually 1 & 3).  I'm so pleased!  Most of the sample sizes are fantastic (except the one foil package, and I'm not fond of the eyeshadow card, but I don't know a better way to let someone see/sample all the different shades).  I ordered all perfume for my extras, and that ended me up with 10 samples - 8 of which are little spray bottles.

I didn't even know about samples before I met you people. 

YOU DID THIS TO ME! 
icon_evil.gif

So, like, thanks 'n stuff!  =)

I'm sitting here in the dark (due to power outage in Jersey) going through my Sephora goodies because God forbid I wait! Haha. I received kit #2 and love it. I also got a .5oz of. Phyto hair balm as 1 of my 3 samples. Also used 100 of my insider points to try the Clinique dark spot correctors. Thought it was worth a try for only 100pts for 2 (.24) samples.

** MAJOR DEAL ALERT **

LOL Gotta do these things to win at online shopping.

I missed a bunch of TokiDoki items I wanted earlier in the day because I was working, but I just checked the samples and they have a new free sample for Kate Somerville Quench Oil Free Hydrating Face Serum 0.25oz

The full-size is only 1oz and it retails for $65!! http://www.sephora.com/quench-oil-free-hydrating-face-serum-P302936 If you grab it, that's a $16.25 sample!

Sephora is waaaay generous with samples. I'm getting the Classic Kit (which I was constantly on the verge of terror would sell out) so I feel like I'm getting a super great deal out of this |D

I just realized that got a Sephora makeup remover instead of the Lancome eye makeup remover for the Classic kit. Did anyone else who received the Classic Kit receive the sephora brand instead of the Lancome brand? 

** MAJOR DEAL ALERT **

LOL Gotta do these things to win at online shopping.

I missed a bunch of TokiDoki items I wanted earlier in the day because I was working, but I just checked the samples and they have a new free sample for Kate Somerville Quench Oil Free Hydrating Face Serum 0.25oz

The full-size is only 1oz and it retails for $65!! http://www.sephora.com/quench-oil-free-hydrating-face-serum-P302936 If you grab it, that's a $16.25 sample!

Sephora is waaaay generous with samples. I'm getting the Classic Kit (which I was constantly on the verge of terror would sell out) so I feel like I'm getting a super great deal out of this |D
 where did you see the kate Somerville sample?  100 point perk or free. i dont see it either place  thanks!

Originally Posted by productjunkie14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

where did you see the kate Somerville sample?  100 point perk or free. i dont see it either place  thanks!
I think everyone grabbed all of them. http://www.sephora.com/offers/samples.jsp?mediaId=10800026 It was definitely on the free samples page 5 minutes ago (when I came into work -- I just checked again). ): Sorry. I tried to post it as quickly as I could so people could grab them.

I'd gone over the Sephora site with a fine tooth comb, and couldn't find a single thing I wanted. They started the 20% off, so I decided to splurge on the $48 jar of Pure Perfection, then decided I'd get the lasting impressions kit instead of taking the 20% off. The savings would have been less than what the kit is worth. I ordered that kit, the Pure Perfection, Soap & Glory Shower Gel ($5.00, to finish out the shipping), the sample of Kate Summerville's Quench, sample of the Hermes fragrance, sample of the Philosophy Purity Made Simple, and spent 100 points on Too Faced's Primed & Poreless, which I already have and love. Got the free Sephora bag. Total was $58 with tax. Not a bad haul! That is about 17 items, most I haven't tried before.   

Originally Posted by productjunkie14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

fyi the sample is back up right now!

They also have a limited time Nars Kit 500 point perk that will get snapped up quick.  If it had a different blush and lip color I would definitely get it but I already have Orgasm blush and New Lover velvet gloss lip pencil - it's the one in the Classic It Kit.  Also comes with eye primer and face primer.

Thanks for the heads up on the face oil.  I'm dying to try the Lip Tars (especially after everyone gave such great reviews - thanks!) but the gift set is out of stock. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They also have a limited time Nars Kit 500 point perk that will get snapped up quick.  If it had a different blush and lip color I would definitely get it but I already have Orgasm blush and New Lover velvet gloss lip pencil - it's the one in the Classic It Kit.  Also comes with eye primer and face primer.

Thanks for the heads up on the face oil.  I'm dying to try the Lip Tars (especially after everyone gave such great reviews - thanks!) but the gift set is out of stock. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Are you talking about this gift set? http://www.sephora.com/pro-s-picks-lip-tar-set-P376725?skuId=1468529 It seems to be in stock for me.

I just forsook my VIB discount in favor of the Classic It Kit!  I also got the NARS 500 point perk, which has another New Lover pencil.  I bought the UD Fun Palette, sale Sephora gold glitter eyeliner, and a sale Buxom gloss in Carmen.  I love Lancome removers and mascaras, so I just couldn't pass it up, plus I wanted the Sephora VIB tote that is only available today.  I hope I don't regret it! :)

Are you talking about this gift set? http://www.sephora.com/pro-s-picks-lip-tar-set-P376725?skuId=1468529 It seems to be in stock for me.
That is STRANGE!  I've been checking on that set for days and rechecked right before I posted.  I put it in my shopping list even, just a little bit ago.  I was even checking to see if they had an option where they automatically email you when something is restocked.  Now it's up!  Thanks for catching that!  

I had a 20% code that I didn't use to get the ItKits too, I think they're an amazing value.  I'm debating whether to order another for gifts instead of this 20% today . . . It's great that we can get the bag today, too, on top of the ItKit or VIB discount.  Sephora rocks.

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is STRANGE!  I've been checking on that set for days and rechecked right before I posted.  I put it in my shopping list even, just a little bit ago.  I was even checking to see if they had an option where they automatically email you when something is restocked.  Now it's up!  Thanks for catching that!  

I had a 20% code that I didn't use to get the ItKits too, I think they're an amazing value.  I'm debating whether to order another for gifts instead of this 20% today . . . It's great that we can get the bag today, too, on top of the ItKit or VIB discount.  Sephora rocks.
You will love the Lip Tars- I didn't indulge because I already have Grandma, and I want to experiment mixing before investing in new ones.  But you will have a lot of fun!  (An unsolicited piece of advice: I use old, clean Clinique sample jars for my lip tar mixing.)  Yes, I love Sephora!  Also, do you know if the VIB tote is a 'nice' one?

Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You will love the Lip Tars- I didn't indulge because I already have Grandma, and I want to experiment mixing before investing in new ones.  But you will have a lot of fun!  (An unsolicited piece of advice: I use old, clean Clinique sample jars for my lip tar mixing.)  Yes, I love Sephora!  Also, do you know if the VIB tote is a 'nice' one?
Cool.  I love unsolicited advice, it's the best kind.  That's a great tip.  I was thinking of getting the white and black lip tars to customize the lip tars, that would be a lot of fun and if I mix them in the tiny sample jars I can have my own little lipstick mixing collection.  I cannot for the life of me find "my" favorite lipstick in high end, I always wear Covergirl Outlast or Maybelline or L'Oreal Lipfinity, the kind where you put on, let dry for a minute and then put the clear balm on.  I figured that there must be a high end version, something that doesn't kiss off and that lasts a long time.  I have put on a bright red lip from these companies and (shh) woke up with it on perfectly.  It's what I'd totally advise a bride to wear.  I am so spoiled by those that when I wear my M.A.C. red that is the perfect red for me I forget that I'm wearing 'real' lipstick and it smears and wears off and then I have the dreaded dark line around the lips, ugh.  

To tell you the truth, I was wondering about the VIB tote too.  But here in Belize we don't have too many of the 'bring to the grocery store instead of getting paper or plastic' type bags and even if it's just a random 99 cent one it will get used here.  Plus I have a young friend here who is a Sephora fanatic (like I'm not, ha ha) and I bring her her orders back with me and order them for her on my U.S. credit card and she is thrilled.  So I know she'd love the tote no matter what.  Simply because it's not available here and it's a really cool company and she's an aspiring makeup artist.  I'm happy that it's not a choice - you get it no matter what if you order today because if I had to choose I'd choose another ItKit, those are really great.  I don't think you'll regret it.

Ugh.  I should have placed my order right away.  But I was debating what else to get and the lip tar collection is again out of stock.  That's what I get for hesitating. :/

It may come back! Keep it in your cart just in case.  Also, check out Beauty.com's lip tar sets.  They are having their 20% off sale right now!  Don't know if they ship to Belize though.

Back