• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sephora Chic Week 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Im thinking about getting the tarte aqualillies palette, lorac pro, tarte maracuja lip set and the nars set- and god created the woman. I know I wont pick up all of them since im on a low buy, but im definitely thinking about the aqualillies. the packaging is so adorable and its perfect for travel!
yesssss. the tarte aqualillies :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

annnnnnd, i don't use a lip pencil for the occ lip tars at all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i own about 8-10 lip tars.. they're really fun to play around with but i don't use them as often.

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yesssss. the tarte aqualillies :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

annnnnnd, i don't use a lip pencil for the occ lip tars at all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i own about 8-10 lip tars.. they're really fun to play around with but i don't use them as often.
You know how much I love the aqualillies, I devoted a whole blogpost to it. lol

Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm thinking about the Tarte Aqualillies palette because the blush in it is a bit more than a full-sized blush!! But it's not in stores yet D: I want to shop in-store so I can get the tote
That blush is calling my name! I actually don't have a tarte blush that leans to the coral side. Most of mine are pink, red or plummy. So I NEED this.  lol. I also love that they included a bronzer and a highlighter. Plus 6 shadows. I don't have the highest hopes for the shadows though. I have 32 of them in a palette, and they are one of the worst mid-high end brand shadows i've tried in a long time. I had high hopes since i'm a hardcore tartelette, but they were chalky and not pigmented at all. From watching the youtube video, it looks like the quality has improved. I'm hoping they are pretty good. Have you seen the gel liners? The blue one is gorgeous! I would use it more like an cream eyeshadow though. Im desperately waiting for the power couple duo to come out. I saw a beauty guru post a pic of it to IG. Its half matte bronzer, half matte blush. I NEED that too!

The aqualillies palette is soooooo pretty. I think I want it too! I might get the tarte concealer kit. I use Laura Mercier's right now (i have that 3 in 1 pot thingy) and i feel like it takes foreeeeevvvveeeerrrrrr to apply. Maybe I'm just lazy. Maybe I have a lot to conceal? Who knows! Any other concealer recs? And booooo about everyone else's good luck with lip tars! My local sephora keeps them in the impulse/line area in a little cube and the sample ones have mostly exploded on the other guys. They deserve so much more love than that.

Im thinking about getting the tarte aqualillies palette, lorac pro, tarte maracuja lip set and the nars set- and god created the woman. I know I wont pick up all of them since im on a low buy, but im definitely thinking about the aqualillies. the packaging is so adorable and its perfect for travel!

I'm probably just going to hit up the bumble and bumble. My make up low buy is going well and I don't want to ruin it. I'll happily take my vib sample bag in store though lol.

That blush is calling my name! I actually don't have a tarte blush that leans to the coral side. Most of mine are pink, red or plummy. So I NEED this.  lol. I also love that they included a bronzer and a highlighter. Plus 6 shadows. I don't have the highest hopes for the shadows though. I have 32 of them in a palette, and they are one of the worst mid-high end brand shadows i've tried in a long time. I had high hopes since i'm a hardcore tartelette, but they were chalky and not pigmented at all. From watching the youtube video, it looks like the quality has improved. I'm hoping they are pretty good. Have you seen the gel liners? The blue one is gorgeous! I would use it more like an cream eyeshadow though. Im desperately waiting for the power couple duo to come out. I saw a beauty guru post a pic of it to IG. Its half matte bronzer, half matte blush. I NEED that too!
Yeah, the eyeshadows from Tarte are "meh", which is why I returned the palette I purchased from them in 2009  I never actually tried the shadows again. The bronzer and highlighter looks nice too & I think $38 is not too bad since the blush itself is $26, so just $12 and I would get the others :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I saw the eyeliner, I love it & the brush for it, but I already have a lot of gel liners (my inglot ones are going to dry out!! D; ) & I'm not too bug on cream shadows. I see you using it though! lol. I wouldn't mind the black liner in the aqualillies packaging though, even though I have like.. 5 black gel liners, but I use them a lot more than colored ones, but it's only available at Ulta.

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ugh. I've tried them with liner, with primer, by patting my lips down powder... It never works!
Do you blot after you apply it? I use invisible liner too, but I always blot after I apply it and it helps a lot. I know it seems kind of obvious, but I never blot when I use any other kind of lip product, but it's a must when I use Lip Tars. 

I do!!! I sound so desperate trying to get this to work... NSFW is probably my favorite red of all time ever. Why wont it just love me back?! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> maybe ill try again tonight.

Do you blot after you apply it? I use invisible liner too, but I always blot after I apply it and it helps a lot. I know it seems kind of obvious, but I never blot when I use any other kind of lip product, but it's a must when I use Lip Tars. 

I love the tarte aqualilies palette, i'm trying to talk myself out of buying it since I have so much unused makeup.

Originally Posted by sbeam36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might get a few lip tars. Anyone try those? How arr they?
I own four and I like them, but you must use a lip liner and lip brush.  It can get pretty messy and time consuming!  My favorite color is Memento, a mauvey pink.  Would I purchase again?  Probably not, because I am a lip butter/ chubby stick girl!

This sale is so tempting!! I'm $100 away from VIB status (wow, that means I already spent $250 at sephora alone so far this year??) and maybe I'll do a haul to finally be VIB (I should stop myself though).. I'm so curious about this program. How good are the perks? 
smile.gif

edit: Just got the Sephora 'invitation letter' for the Chic Week event in the mail -- so classy. haha

I've honestly only used 1 VIB-specific code since making it to VIB in November. I am excited for the chic week VIB event though!

This sale is so tempting!! I'm $100 away from VIB status (wow, that means I already spent $250 at sephora alone so far this year??) and maybe I'll do a haul to finally be VIB (I should stop myself though).. I'm so curious about this program. How good are the perks? 
smile.gif
edit: Just got the Sephora 'invitation letter' for the Chic Week event in the mail -- so classy. haha

Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smile.gif

I think August is normally VIB month, so in August, they normally do a promotion where you get a bag or box of deluxe sized samples with a $35 purchase. Last year, I got a full-sized Stila lip/cheek stain pen in the sample bag & I was so excited! lol.

Yeah, the eyeshadows from Tarte are "meh", which is why I returned the palette I purchased from them in 2009  I never actually tried the shadows again. The bronzer and highlighter looks nice too & I think $38 is not too bad since the blush itself is $26, so just $12 and I would get the others :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I saw the eyeliner, I love it & the brush for it, but I already have a lot of gel liners (my inglot ones are going to dry out!! D; ) & I'm not too bug on cream shadows. I see you using it though! lol. I wouldn't mind the black liner in the aqualillies packaging though, even though I have like.. 5 black gel liners, but I use them a lot more than colored ones, but it's only available at Ulta.
I rarely use liners and I stick to mostly neutral eyes, so I don't think i'll be picking up any of them. I do have one of their cream shadows in slate and its nice, but I still feel the need to top it with a powder.

I think August is normally VIB month, so in August, they normally do a promotion where you get a bag or box of deluxe sized samples with a $35 purchase. Last year, I got a full-sized Stila lip/cheek stain pen in the sample bag & I was so excited! lol.
Yumberry crush? I got it too. It was such an amazing deal!!

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've honestly only used 1 VIB-specific code since making it to VIB in November. I am excited for the chic week VIB event though!
I heard it's 20% off for VIBs..?

Ooooh, I want some freebies!! I'll probably just wait til August then.. I'm thinking I should take it easy this sale, since I already splurged on that theBalm sale (which is soo soo disappointing, btw). Why so many sales? That's my weakness...and GWPs! Haha.

Yumberry crush? I got it too. It was such an amazing deal!!
I got it in Passionfruit!

Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I heard it's 20% off for VIBs..?

Ooooh, I want some freebies!! I'll probably just wait til August then.. I'm thinking I should take it easy this sale, since I already splurged on that theBalm sale (which is soo soo disappointing, btw). Why so many sales? That's my weakness...and GWPs! Haha.
I love Chic Week because it's always a few weeks before my birthday! & this year, it ends on the day after my birthday :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> time to splurge.

If you want to get the offers in August, you should become a VIB by July because it takes a while for the status to show up & 20% off for VIBs is for the VIB week in Nov/December

I'm thinking about the Tarte Aqualillies palette because the blush in it is a bit more than a full-sized blush!! But it's not in stores yet D: I want to shop in-store so I can get the tote
As VIBs, do you get gift bags every time you shop, or with minimum purchase, etc?

I don't like their eyeshadows, but I love pretty much everything else they make -- even the brushes. I really like their bronzer, and use it everytime I do my makeup. I've been wanting that blue gel liner. Gel is my favorite eyeliner form, and that color is just what I'm looking for. I should really stop thinking about makeup. 
blink.gif

Back