• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sephora Chic Week 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh darn! I just ordered their Ten limited edition palette with their mascara and lip tint :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wanted the lip tint since the whole thing was only $29...I didn't realize their shadows aren't nice!

Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't tried their recent recent ones so *crossesfingers the ten set is good! If it's not, you can always return it since they have an amazing return policy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I have the palette from the carried away set and I was not impressed. Maybe that one is better since the palette is the main attraction?

I just bought the Tarte Eye Couture palette for $26 on sale at Sephora. I haven't tried out the shadows yet, but it seems like the set is at least worth the $26, even if it doesn't become my go to palette. It comes with a mini eye primer, a pretty nice dual end brush, and a dual end eyeliner. I'll have to play around with it,  but it doesn't seem like a bad deal for the price. 

I went in to find the Tarte Aqualillies palette and the associate was surprised I knew about it. Unfortunately, they weren't able to find it in the back stock room. So they took my info down and will call me! They had more Illamasqua polishes on sale, so I snagged 3 more and a new eye lash curler. Got my bday gift and some perfume samples. My Sephora did a Nars event today, but I got there too late. I was telling the associate I work nights and she tossed in a Nars foundation primer sample! Buuut, none of the employees had a clue when I asked about the Chic week coming up. As long as I get a discount/coupon to use, I'll be happy ordering in store or online!

For VIB's, does your guest get a tote too, or is it just for the actual VIB member?

I hate the fact that I'm not getting Sephora promo emails anymore (contacted CS twice - they're investigating it).

I'm on a low-buy so I'll probably buy the Nars And God created the Woman set and Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in #13. I'm tired of my Naked 2 palette so I might buy Stila's In the Light palette if it's back in stock.

Originally Posted by tameloy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For VIB's, does your guest get a tote too, or is it just for the actual VIB member?
Unfortunately, no, the tote is only for actual VIB members 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Exactly. Sometimes I feel bad blogging because it enables people.
I wouldn't say enabling just giving that final push :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I didn't shop at last year's Chic Week.  Did the VIB tote w/ samples last, or was it only available the first day?  What was included?

How will online orders be with the discount? Will we have to enter in a code, or is the discount automatic? That will kinda stink if we have to enter a code. I have been liking getting the deluxe samples.

Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For the Chic Week event, it's a one-time thing & there's no minimum purchase. Last year, they gave an umbrella, but it was with a $35 purchase.
edit: nvm figured it out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How will online orders be with the discount? Will we have to enter in a code, or is the discount automatic? That will kinda stink if we have to enter a code. I have been liking getting the deluxe samples.
The code is "CHIC", you cannot combine codes.

Is it sad that I'm going to try to find someone to work for me on Thursday so I can go the Sephoria first thing in the AM instead of waiting until after work?

Thursday is my birthday AND I don't have class until later in the afternoon, so I am showing up as soon as they open, even though I have yet to get an email or snail mail invite. I'm hoping my VIB card will be enough. 

Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hate the fact that I'm not getting Sephora promo emails anymore (contacted CS twice - they're investigating it).

I'm on a low-buy so I'll probably buy the Nars And God created the Woman set and Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in #13. I'm tired of my Naked 2 palette so I might buy Stila's In the Light palette if it's back in stock.
Absolutely my favorite palette right now. I use it nearly every day. Not that I'm trying to enable or anything, 
smile.gif
but Do it!

Originally Posted by Kristen121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it sad that I'm going to try to find someone to work for me on Thursday so I can go the Sephoria first thing in the AM instead of waiting until after work?
I hope not, because I was thinking of taking a half day and doing the same thing! I have a client close to our Easton Sephora...maybe I can think of a reason to stop by, lol.

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Absolutely my favorite palette right now. I use it nearly every day. Not that I'm trying to enable or anything, 
smile.gif
but Do it!
lol thanks! But I think I might go with the Lorac Pro though since it has more colors and I found some awesome youtube tutorials.

I already have my cart put together for Friday! 
biggrin.gif

I found someone to work for me on Thursday so I'm going to still sent the kiddos to daycare and then head to Sephora for some shopping by myself! 

So I went to my Sephora tonight to get the Stila 100 pt perk, and the associate there knew about chic week but was acting like the tote bags with samples wouldn't be given out.  Ughhhhhhh

I figure I'll call tomorrow and see if I can talk to manager about it.  

I need nothing from Sephora but hate to see a coupon go to waste so I convinced my coworker to let me buy her Sephora purchase (she is going to reimburse me).  This way the coupon gets used, I get the VIB tote (assuming they still have them) and she gets her stuff a day earlier (she is not VIB) win, win all around! Maybe they will have a good 500 point perk in store.  I am ready to use some points!

Back