• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sephora Chic Week 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As VIBs, do you get gift bags every time you shop, or with minimum purchase, etc?
For the Chic Week event, it's a one-time thing & there's no minimum purchase. Last year, they gave an umbrella, but it was with a $35 purchase.

I can't wait for Chic Week!

10 of the items on my Sephora wishlist:

Anastasia Bold & Beautiful Kit

Caudalie Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Fluid SPF 15 PA++

Dior Capture Totale Foundation

Lavanila healthy deodorant

Lorac pro palette

Ojon Damage Reverse Instant Restorative Hair Serum

Shiseido facial cottons

Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 42 For Face

SK-II Facial Clear Lotion

Wei Golden Root Purifying Mud Mask

Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm thinking about the Tarte Aqualillies palette because the blush in it is a bit more than a full-sized blush!! But it's not in stores yet D: I want to shop in-store so I can get the tote
Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That blush is calling my name! I actually don't have a tarte blush that leans to the coral side. Most of mine are pink, red or plummy. So I NEED this.  lol. I also love that they included a bronzer and a highlighter. Plus 6 shadows. I don't have the highest hopes for the shadows though. I have 32 of them in a palette, and they are one of the worst mid-high end brand shadows i've tried in a long time. I had high hopes since i'm a hardcore tartelette, but they were chalky and not pigmented at all. From watching the youtube video, it looks like the quality has improved. I'm hoping they are pretty good. Have you seen the gel liners? The blue one is gorgeous! I would use it more like an cream eyeshadow though. Im desperately waiting for the power couple duo to come out. I saw a beauty guru post a pic of it to IG. Its half matte bronzer, half matte blush. I NEED that too!
I don't like their eyeshadows, but I love pretty much everything else they make -- even the brushes. I really like their bronzer, and use it everytime I do my makeup. I've been wanting that blue gel liner. Gel is my favorite eyeliner form, and that color is just what I'm looking for. I should really stop thinking about makeup. 
blink.gif

It's great to hear feedback about the tarte eyeshadows! I was thinking about purchasing one of the palettes that are on sale at Sephora...but I'll hold off on that for now!

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Im an enabler, so I better not say anything else.
Lol MuT should be renamed enablers r us.

I'm definitely going to get a bottle of Josie Maran Argan Oil! I've almost used up what came in my January Ipsy bag and I adore the stuff!

i think i might get the tarte concealer kit - it looks great! i've been watching videos of various items all day and coming up with my list. since i'm going before i have class i feel like i need to be focused!

i think my boyfriend is under the impression that this is like some sort of black friday thing. he asked if we need to line up at the mall and if he needs to help grab things... 
icon_eek.gif
 If you can't tell, I've trained him well. 
claps.gif
yey.gif

Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i think i might get the tarte concealer kit - it looks great! i've been watching videos of various items all day and coming up with my list. since i'm going before i have class i feel like i need to be focused!

i think my boyfriend is under the impression that this is like some sort of black friday thing. he asked if we need to line up at the mall and if he needs to help grab things... 
icon_eek.gif
claps.gif
yey.gif
Oh my goodness, YES, training husbands in regards to makeup is IMPORTANT lol As a matter of fact today I had to be online between 1-1:20pm to place a pre-order for Chaos & Crocodiles nail polish and since my hubby and I were up so late last night, we slept in...at 12:45pm my hubby rubbed my shoulder and said: "Hey sweetie, wake up, you'll miss the pre-order window for your nail polishes"
biggrin.gif
I seriously think that's the best way to wake up EVER....I rolled out of bed, gave him a big ol' kiss and promptly went to order them!

His training is going SO well!
handkuss.gif
lol!

I am going to get Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation and Laura Mercier Tightliner for sure as both have been on my wish list for awhile. I'm also thinking about getting some kind of concealer (going to check out the Tarte Concealer Kit you ladies were talking about here) and a pretty coral lipstick for summer.

My boyfriend is going for me when they open because I am going to be in class & his school is next to a mall with a Sephora inside!

Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My boyfriend is going for me when they open because I am going to be in class & his school is next to a mall with a Sephora inside!
Thats so awesome!

I really like the concealer kit! In mine was even their little eye treatment, the brush is w/e but the little maracuja bottle is cute :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It's not that serious to send my bf over to Sephora while I'm at school lols but he'll be going with me and I'll be doing a bit of online shopping :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thats so awesome!
He always does because I can't, lol. He did it for the Holidays & he normally goes to the MAC Counter & wait outside Nordstrom until they open to get me something when MAC releases it & he helped me wait outside of Nordstrom for the LE NARS blush palette last summer. He's definitely spoiling me too :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

icon_eek.gif
claps.gif
yey.gif
oh my gosh that is just adorable!  lucky you! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, the eyeshadows from Tarte are "meh", which is why I returned the palette I purchased from them in 2009  I never actually tried the shadows again. The bronzer and highlighter looks nice too & I think $38 is not too bad since the blush itself is $26, so just $12 and I would get the others :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I saw the eyeliner, I love it & the brush for it, but I already have a lot of gel liners (my inglot ones are going to dry out!! D; ) & I'm not too bug on cream shadows. I see you using it though! lol. I wouldn't mind the black liner in the aqualillies packaging though, even though I have like.. 5 black gel liners, but I use them a lot more than colored ones, but it's only available at Ulta.
oh darn! I just ordered their Ten limited edition palette with their mascara and lip tint :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wanted the lip tint since the whole thing was only $29...I didn't realize their shadows aren't nice!

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh darn! I just ordered their Ten limited edition palette with their mascara and lip tint :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I wanted the lip tint since the whole thing was only $29...I didn't realize their shadows aren't nice!
I haven't tried their recent recent ones so *crossesfingers the ten set is good! If it's not, you can always return it since they have an amazing return policy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I haven't tried their recent recent ones so *crossesfingers the ten set is good! If it's not, you can always return it since they have an amazing return policy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
awesome! i'll let you know what I decide. Do they let you return even if you've tried the makeup?

awesome! i'll let you know what I decide. Do they let you return even if you've tried the makeup?
Yup! Opened, used, they'll take it back.

Yup! Like usofjessamerica said, they let you return if you have opened & used it, as long as you didn't use a major amount of it. & it's always best to not return too many items, but it's definitely okay :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back