• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SEPHORA: VIB Rouge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ZoomButt.gif

So, does everyone here have like $1,250 in their carts?    
laughno.gif

I did, but then I thought I should probably hold off on my spendier purchases, so that I'll be able to requalify for Rouge next year.

I pulled the trigger on the Sephora atomizer set they had in the sale section though (2 for $11, almost the same price as a Flo). I tried to put multiples in to see if I could wait a couple more hours, but it readjusted the quantity to 1 because of limited stock, and it immediately went out of stock when I checked out. Anyone have any experience with this atomizer?

As it is, I'll be qualifying for Rouge with this purchase, which is really scary but also exhilarating. Looking forward to free shipping until 2015.

OK, so I was looking at the BeautyTalk threads over at Sephora and the mods were saying that the sale starts at midnight Monday (aka 45 minutes ago). Going to do my shopping, hopefully the system will register that I hit Rouge soon so that I can take advantage of the free shipping the rest of the week.

Originally Posted by LindaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ZoomButt.gif

laughno.gif

I did, but then I thought I should probably hold off on my spendier purchases, so that I'll be able to requalify for Rouge next year.

I pulled the trigger on the Sephora atomizer set they had in the sale section though (2 for $11, almost the same price as a Flo). I tried to put multiples in to see if I could wait a couple more hours, but it readjusted the quantity to 1 because of limited stock, and it immediately went out of stock when I checked out. Anyone have any experience with this atomizer?

As it is, I'll be qualifying for Rouge with this purchase, which is really scary but also exhilarating. Looking forward to free shipping until 2015.

I have both the Sephora brand atomizer (not the "Putting on the Spritz" set, the "Universal Atomizer") and the Flo brand atomizer.  I prefer the Sephora brand one.  The Flo one leaks, for some reason.  I plan on getting 2 more of the Sephora brand atomizers and ditching the Flo one.  It appears as though the "Putting on the Spritz" set is sold out, but if I recall correctly, it had a different design than the regular Sephora atomizer, so I can't really say anything about that.  I'd highly recommend the Sephora brand "Universal Atomizer" though.

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have both the Sephora brand atomizer (not the "Putting on the Spritz" set, the "Universal Atomizer") and the Flo brand atomizer.  I prefer the Sephora brand one.  The Flo one leaks, for some reason.  I plan on getting 2 more of the Sephora brand atomizers and ditching the Flo one.  It appears as though the "Putting on the Spritz" set is sold out, but if I recall correctly, it had a different design than the regular Sephora atomizer, so I can't really say anything about that.  I'd highly recommend the Sephora brand "Universal Atomizer" though.
I have the Flo and the "Universal Atomizer" from sephora- but my Flo has never leaked (I got it from BirchBox) and my Universal leaks instantly! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by alpina0560 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have the Flo and the "Universal Atomizer" from sephora- but my Flo has never leaked (I got it from BirchBox) and my Universal leaks instantly! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hmm... I wonder if mine is defective...

Is anyone else experiencing issues with VIB rouge qualifications?  Initially today I needed to spend almost $150 to reach VIB rouge (per the Sephora site).  I made 3 separate orders with sub totals (before tax) totaling $170 so I should have made the cut.  After my 2nd order it still said I needed to spend $103 when at that time it should have been $40.  Then I made another order of $60 and now it is telling me I need to spend $117 to reach VIB Rouge.  Clearly something is wrong.  It is actually increasing the amount I need to spend after I complete purchases.  I am going to give it some time, since I did make 3 separate orders (to use 3 promo codes 
wink.gif
) maybe the system needs to catch up, but I must say I am a little concerned.

Luckily I was making these orders anyway with items I already had in my cart and was saving for a good promo (3 X points, yay!) but since I know I should have qualified for VIB Rouge I would really like to reap the rewards.

Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is anyone else experiencing issues with VIB rouge qualifications?  Initially today I needed to spend almost $150 to reach VIB rouge (per the Sephora site).  I made 3 separate orders with sub totals (before tax) totaling $170 so I should have made the cut.  After my 2nd order it still said I needed to spend $103 when at that time it should have been $40.  Then I made another order of $60 and now it is telling me I need to spend $117 to reach VIB Rouge.  Clearly something is wrong.  It is actually increasing the amount I need to spend after I complete purchases.  I am going to give it some time, since I did make 3 separate orders (to use 3 promo codes 
wink.gif

Luckily I was making these orders anyway with items I already had in my cart and was saving for a good promo (3 X points, yay!) but since I know I should have qualified for VIB Rouge I would really like to reap the rewards.
When I was checking out it told me that it would take 2-3 days for my status to be updated to VIB Rouge on my account. So hopefully that's all it is for you too! 

Hey ladies, just a heads up on a little bit of what to expect from this new status.

This is a response from Sephora on their FB page to someone who asked about what to expect. 

Looks like every VIB Rouge won't get the same offers from what they are saying below.....

We are testing lots of new initiatives over the next year with our new tier, VIB Rouge. Some clients will get access to events, some will get amazing gifts and some will get access to exclusive online sales. Stay tuned and opted-in to email to make sure you enjoy all the benefits of VIB Rouge. When we’re ready to share the details, you’ll be the first to know!

Originally Posted by bedazzled /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey ladies, just a heads up on a little bit of what to expect from this new status.

This is a response from Sephora on their FB page to someone who asked about what to expect. 

Looks like every VIB Rouge won't get the same offers from what they are saying below.....

We are testing lots of new initiatives over the next year with our new tier, VIB Rouge. Some clients will get access to events, some will get amazing gifts and some will get access to exclusive online sales. Stay tuned and opted-in to email to make sure you enjoy all the benefits of VIB Rouge. When we’re ready to share the details, you’ll be the first to know!
This is a VERY disturbing statement. I do NOT appreciate being treated differently than others who are in the same level as I am. Not shooting the messenger though. Thanks so much Bedazzled for passing on the news. I'll try to keep my eye out and see what others might receive in order to help me evaluate whether or not being Rouge is really worth it.

wink.gif

When I made Rouge level, it didn't tell me how much I needed to spend to reach it.  I had to add up all my purchases from the year, and I ended up being like 50/60$ away.

Once I had my order ready to check out, it had a pop up window for rewards, and informed me I made Rouge status, and let me add the welcome kit to my order.

Your online account is probably acting like that because you made multiple purchases.  It doesn't immediately recognize each order in real time, so it has to process the order to figure it out.  Once all your orders process and ship out, the next time you log in it will probably tell you you're Rouge level and allow you to get the welcome kit (or it should do this anyways). 

Quote: Originally Posted by LindaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ZoomButt.gif

laughno.gif

Thanks for the input. I scrutinized the picture more closely, and it looks like the atomizer in that set is more like Travalo's design. The Universal Atomizer looks almost almost like a Flo, though, so I'm surprised that they had such different results.

Originally Posted by bedazzled /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So far we don't know if by offering clients different things they may mean that they will just differ by neighborhood etc. It might not necessarily mean by amount of $ previously spent- Though honestly, it worries me too.

I know companies like Victoria's Secret do this already and profile their registered customers 101 ways to offer them subtly different deals to change or encourage different buying habits.

One good thing is that places like MUT allow us to compare and contrast our experiences and what we're all getting from the program- see how big these differences really are!

Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by bedazzled /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is a VERY disturbing statement. I do NOT appreciate being treated differently than others who are in the same level as I am. Not shooting the messenger though. Thanks so much Bedazzled for passing on the news. I'll try to keep my eye out and see what others might receive in order to help me evaluate whether or not being Rouge is really worth it.

I understand the concern and the desire for all things to be equal.  But living in a state that is considered rural (and where the VIP store events NEVER happen), I would hope that I would receive an incentive that doesn't put me at a disadvantage from other VIB Rougers simply because I live a 2.5 hour drive away from the nearest metropolitan city.  I may never attend a special VIP event, but I would love to have other incentives that are equally as unique and awesome, which is what I think they're attempting to do with VIB Rouge.

my impression was that it's random. all of the perks listed by that person are on the sephora beauty insider info page dedicated to vib rouge. everyone is supposed to experience all of those perks.

When I made Rouge level, it didn't tell me how much I needed to spend to reach it.  I had to add up all my purchases from the year, and I ended up being like 50/60$ away. Once I had my order ready to check out, it had a pop up window for rewards, and informed me I made Rouge status, and let me add the welcome kit to my order. Your online account is probably acting like that because you made multiple purchases.  It doesn't immediately recognize each order in real time, so it has to process the order to figure it out.  Once all your orders process and ship out, the next time you log in it will probably tell you you're Rouge level and allow you to get the welcome kit (or it should do this anyways). 
I hope this is the case, but I still don't know why the amount I need to spend has increased after making another order (and no returns) I will probably wait until Thursday and if nothing changes I'll give Sephora a call.

wink.gif

I'd call them and straighten it out with the CS.  I had something similar happen and I called CS, they looked up the last two purchases, totaled it and manually changed my status over the phone.  

I wouldn't wait much more then until tomorrow morning (unless you don't mind), with the bonus week going, their people and systems are going to be busy, maybe that's why you experienced the wonky numbers... 

ZoomButt.gif

I understand the concern and the desire for all things to be equal.  But living in a state that is considered rural (and where the VIP store events NEVER happen), I would hope that I would receive an incentive that doesn't put me at a disadvantage from other VIB Rougers simply because I live a 2.5 hour drive away from the nearest metropolitan city.  I may never attend a special VIP event, but I would love to have other incentives that are equally as unique and awesome, which is what I think they're attempting to do with VIB Rouge.
I agree, I live almost 4 hours from a Sephora so in store incentives would be lost on me. Unless I talk a friend into going in for me, but strangely most of my friends don't wear makeup.

I have atomizer evnvy 
icon_evil.gif
...  I kept checking and hoping that it'd be revived, come bak to life (yesterday) hanging on to a glimmer of hope... but alas it was entirely gone today, not even an image...
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have atomizer evnvy 
icon_evil.gif
...  I kept checking and hoping that it'd be revived, come bak to life (yesterday) hanging on to a glimmer of hope... but alas it was entirely gone today, not even an image...
icon_cry.gif

Looks like they're back in stock again: http://www.sephora.com/putting-on-the-spritz-atomizer-P377657

what exactly does someone buy an atomizer for? i mean i get you could put fragrance in there, toner, brush cleaner.. i just don't get why lol. even for traveling, i'm sure most people own a rollerball or less than two ounce size of many things. i can imagine most people don't travel enough for it to be worth buying atomizers over a few cheaper things or just carrying limited supplies they already have in small sizes.

Latest posts

Back