• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SEPHORA: VIB Rouge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

some of the girls on MUT are seeing on their profile how much more "spend" they need to reach rouge....i'm not seeing that anywhere on mine.  am i missing something, or is it just one of those things where they've done it for some people but not everyone?!
it only happens if you're within ~$150

Originally Posted by normajean2008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

you don't lose points when you return things. also, you do get points when using store credit. if you call the vib line or the vib rouge line they should be able to help you; it's easy if you have your receipts handy. i know these things from the website's faq section and from sephora moderators in the beauty talk sections as well as from personal experience. definitely call! good luck
They have always subtracted the points from my account when I've returned an item (cost of item before tax)! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   Do they not do this for you/others? 

Ditto, I went from having 228 points last week to 196 after making a return.  This brings up a curious question, if you spend the money to qualify for VIB (let's say $350) and you receive your membership card in the mail, but return some of those items, will they rescind your membership in the program?  Or just take the points away?

Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

some of the girls on MUT are seeing on their profile how much more "spend" they need to reach rouge....i'm not seeing that anywhere on mine.  am i missing something, or is it just one of those things where they've done it for some people but not everyone?!
You can email customer service and they will tell you how much more you need to spend too.

OMG!! At one point I wanted this sooooo very badly! and now I'm like...will I ever attain Rouge Status lol! I switched to sssuppper natural skin care (in that I use mostly oils and shea butter) and have been shopping at vitacost.com more than sephora. Well congrats to all the ladies who have made it--who knows...maybe one day I'll join the ranks ;-)

#VIBfeelingleftbehind

If you want to know far you are from rouge just keep adding stuff to your basket, it will tell you when your withing $150 with the items in your basket. As for the missing points you need to call CS, the store can't adjust it. Also, with the dollars spent have them note your account, say its for $50, when you get to $950 call them back and they will manually adjust your status to rouge.

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want to know far you are from rouge just keep adding stuff to your basket, it will tell you when your withing $150 with the items in your basket. As for the missing points you need to call CS, the store can't adjust it. Also, with the dollars spent have them note your account, say its for $50, when you get to $950 call them back and they will manually adjust your status to rouge.
i don't understand your last sentence.. can you rephrase this?

Sorry it was a run-on. So basically if they don't add your BI info to a purchase, call CS. They can add points, but can't change your dollars spent. Say for example you know you didn't get $50 credited for a purchase you made let them know, then when you get to $950 spent call them back and they will manually adjust your status to Rouge.

Originally Posted by jrenee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ditto, I went from having 228 points last week to 196 after making a return.  This brings up a curious question, if you spend the money to qualify for VIB (let's say $350) and you receive your membership card in the mail, but return some of those items, will they rescind your membership in the program?  Or just take the points away?
They just take the points away from your balance.  Once you've officially hit the purchase point for the memberships it is yours. 

I'm trying to build my cart and stock-up some of my must-haves (obvs, to a degree, since the VIB Holiday Events offer straight discounts and is a better deal).

So, in anticipation for next week...

What are you fav products that you have boughten multiples of and still adore?

Quote: Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm trying to build my cart and stock-up some of my must-haves (obvs, to a degree, since the VIB Holiday Events offer straight discounts and is a better deal).

I'll go first:

• Murad Cleanser (both the Environmental Shield and the Acne versions)
  • B&B Color-Minded Shampoo
  • Koh Gen Do Spa Water
  • ExfoliKate
  • Josie Maran Body Lotion 
  • Benefit They're Real mascara
  • Peter Roth Exfoliating Body Wash (Birchbox also carries this one...)
  • Ole Hendricksen Truth Serum
  • Fresh Lip Balms (although...now I have a stash)
  • Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights (only powder other than a Hoola sample I've ever hit pan on...and twice to boot!)

I am $396 away, thank goodness lol.  I am on an official low buy until black friday.  I already feel like I've spent way to much on makeup this year.  My bedroom is small and i have one big drawer in my vanity for makeup and it is full!  I just don't have the room for a more elaborate collection.  Rouge seems awesome, but I should not be spending that kind of money!

I know there will be fall product launches and double-triple-quad points starting on the 12th. Is there suppose to be a big sale as well or other promos?

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The free shipping is nice, especially since you get the 3 free samples with every order. Also, someone on Sephora's chat board put together a list of active promo codes (I think she is on version #4 for that). If you look, there are a few codes you can use with no minimum purchase amount. Hence, I ordered the bulls eye eyelash applicator I had been wanting, got 3 samples with it, used a code for a free mini Versace Yellow Diamond (had to try 2 codes before that worked--MV09Y7), and got 2 100 point perks, all for $12. As soon as that order was placed, I ordered a $4 eye pencil sharpener, used a code for a mini Kat Von D lipstick (FRAMED), and got the 3 samples. I felt a *tad* bit guilty, but then, I would expect the codes you can use for orders under $25 are likely to disappear now that the Rouge program is out anyway, so it isn't like I will do this often. $25 will still be the norm for most of us, I suspect, to get a good freebie with a promo code.

By the way, on the information page that explains the Rouge program, it mentions "warehouse sample sales." What do they mean by this?

That's some strategic shopping Heather! It would be a nice "perk" for VIB and Rouge members if they'd allow code stacking if you spend more than $50. Maybe 2 for VIB and 3 for Rouge. And perhaps Rouge members could use 2 @$25.

Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's some strategic shopping Heather!

It would be a nice "perk" for VIB and Rouge members if they'd allow code stacking if you spend more than $50. Maybe 2 for VIB and 3 for Rouge. And perhaps Rouge members could use 2 @$25.
True, but I'm guessing this is the only solution to getting extra stuff we are going to get. $25 is still going to be their minimum to use a code, most of the time. And it works pretty well for lots of purchases, just not for the ones where you are buying an eyeshadow palette that costs $50 or a really expensive foundation, eye cream, etc., since there's no way to break down the purchase into smaller orders. At least they made it in such a way that Rouge members can work the system to get more freebies, if that is important to them, and it is to me. I just think the $1000 price tag to get to Rouge is too high. You have such a huge jump from VIB which is only around $350, I think. Seems like $600 or $750 would've been much more reasonable and made more sense. Maybe they'll keep Rouge at $1000 and create a middle tier someday. I think that would be nice. VIB Pink or something for those on their way to Rouge but not quite there yet.

Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gifYou have such a huge jump from VIB which is only around $350, I think. Seems like $600 or $750 would've been much more reasonable and made more sense. Maybe they'll keep Rouge at $1000 and create a middle tier someday. I think that would be nice. VIB Pink or something for those on their way to Rouge but not quite there yet.
I agree on this. From $350 to $1000 is a ridiculous amount of money. Whenever I shop at Sephora, I am already happy hitting $350 mark so to maintain my VIB status (think $1/day).

If I am gonna spend $1000 for the year, it would be merely for impulse buying just to keep the status.

It's already August and I still have to spend $3.00 to maintain my VIB but I cannot find anything nice to buy. LOL.

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree on this. From $350 to $1000 is a ridiculous amount of money. Whenever I shop at Sephora, I am already happy hitting $350 mark so to maintain my VIB status (think $1/day).

If I am gonna spend $1000 for the year, it would be merely for impulse buying just to keep the status.

It's already August and I still have to spend $3.00 to maintain my VIB but I cannot find anything nice to buy. LOL.
Oh I don't have any problem finding things I want to buy, lol! But $1000 is a lot of money. I was hoping to buy the Tria laser next year, but since I have Rouge status all year long, I might wait until 2015. It costs around $400 by itself. Making a purchase like that during their first yearly sale would give me VIB instantaneously and put me on track for Rouge later on. A couple things helped me this year, I think, and one was that I bought a Clarisonic Mia with some replacement brush heads. That's a good chunk of change, but it is a purchase I don't regret. My skin is much happier for it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh I don't have any problem finding things I want to buy, lol! But $1000 is a lot of money. I was hoping to buy the Tria laser next year, but since I have Rouge status all year long, I might wait until 2015. It costs around $400 by itself. Making a purchase like that during their first yearly sale would give me VIB instantaneously and put me on track for Rouge later on. A couple things helped me this year, I think, and one was that I bought a Clarisonic Mia with some replacement brush heads. That's a good chunk of change, but it is a purchase I don't regret. My skin is much happier for it.
I'm definitely saving any big purchases (there is a nice hair curler for example I covet) until 2014 now, to help renew my Rogue for 2015...

I love the AmorePacific line and those are somewhat big ticket, too.  I'll just milk my little ones until January for this reason I think...but oy!  That'll be hard...

ZoomButt.gif

So, does everyone here have like $1,250 in their carts?    
laughno.gif

Latest posts

Back