• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SEPHORA: VIB Rouge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The UD sheer lipsticks & the Hourglass eyeshadow palettes are really tempting to me.  Since I'm only VIB I guess I'll wait & see all the reviews before I get them though.  Definitely saving my x-mas Sephora gift cards for the Hourglass though.
I have been looking at the Hourglass palettes...too bad NONE are currently in stock yet, haha.  I know someone on the holiday board had ordered one from Barneys...just wondering if anyone has seen any feedback on the quality of these palettes yet?  I'm assuming they are great because I tend to love everything Hourglass puts out. 

I think that was @@ohsailor ? She posted about it in the other sephora thread recently. The one about discussion of codes. She says she loves it and highly recommends it.

Cross posting from the Sephora discussion thread where I said I need a new love, because clearly I need to break up with Sephora:

I went to Sephora inside JCPenney, with my mailer, and picked up the skin care sample bag. Thank you! The ladies at Arden Fair SiJCP are always so polite, professional and cheerful! They are a joy to be around and their manager, Maria, the best I've seen in retail. KUDOS to that location and staff! Unfortunately, they didn't have a perfume I wanted to sample so I had to go the main Sephora store In the same mall. I remembered seeing the Fresh Soy Facial Cleanser sample offer, and asked about it but I was told very rudely that they do not offer samples in store. Ever. When I asked if they had any gifts with purchase I was told they never do that either. Ever. Then I was told I could go online if I wanted samples, because that is the only way I'd get them. Sephora your customer service is tiring. I try so hard to appreciate the deals, the corrections you make etc. but the overall rudeness of your staff is just appalling. My comment has nothing to do with samples, free or otherwise, but about the attitude of your employees. Anymore, the customer is wrong, or the reason for the issue, or however put, we are the ones to feel as if we have done something to deserve to be treated poorly. I know this won't change, I've been bringing your poor customer service to your attention since I started shopping with you last May. I have taken most of my shopping elsewhere because of it (though I do shop with you if there is a good sale or promotion of something I want to try). I just wanted to again let you know that if you are ever going to address your poor service issues, well, this location certainly could use a refresher course in courtesy.

Like · Reply · Just now

So...I just got an email telling me I am almost to VIB for 2016...huh?  Am I down graded somehow?  I'm a bit confused by this since I am Rouge through 2015...so I am Rouge now, but on Sephora's website I am VIB!  HAAAAALP!!

PS - whoever first posted the word HALP - may have been @@Shalott - the image of someone saying that cracks me up...and is sooooooo appropriate to me sometimes, so I borrowed it!  Thanks!  :rolleyes:

Ha ha @ it might have been me! I feel it conveys more of a sense of confused desperation that a regular ol' "help" does. :lol:
Right??  YESSSSSSS!!  Hahahaha...how have you been lady?  I know the holiday's weren't super fantastic...things a bit better now?  Been worried about you...

Right??  YESSSSSSS!!  Hahahaha...how have you been lady?  I know the holiday's weren't super fantastic...things a bit better now?  Been worried about you...
Much, much improved for the time being, thank you so much! Right at the start of 2015 a lot of things that had been weighing me down fell into place, so I am able to start the year on a positive note! :hugs3:

So...I just got an email telling me I am almost to VIB for 2016...huh? Am I down graded somehow? I'm a bit confused by this since I am Rouge through 2015...so I am Rouge now, but on Sephora's website I am VIB! HAAAAALP!!

PS - whoever first posted the word HALP - may have been @@Shalott - the image of someone saying that cracks me up...and is sooooooo appropriate to me sometimes, so I borrowed it! Thanks! :rolleyes:
From what I can tell you qualify a year in advance. You are rouge through 2015 as a result of 2014 purchases. Now that we are in a new calendar year, you have to re-qualify. I (don't judge LOL) posted over in the codes thread that the 10% off code (V436CB, I think) is reactivated once you hit VIB again. They sent me an e-mail that I can use it now that I've hit VIB for 2016. But I'm still Rouge through 2015. It's late. I hope that makes sense!

Much, much improved for the time being, thank you so much! Right at the start of 2015 a lot of things that had been weighing me down fell into place, so I am able to start the year on a positive note!
Yeah!  So happy to hear that!  Now...aren't you going on a big world trip sometime soon?  I'm sorry - brain is swirling with possible posters but I really thought it was you who had an itinerary to die for LOL! 

Yeah!  So happy to hear that!  Now...aren't you going on a big world trip sometime soon?  I'm sorry - brain is swirling with possible posters but I really thought it was you who had an itinerary to die for LOL! 
Ha ha, I WISH!!! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Nope, that is not me, maybe @@ohsailor? I think I remember the same post you are remembering though - in my case, we were supposed to go to Florida this Spring but because of my hospitalization and stuff money-wise it didn't work out, and then NEXT year I was/am trying to do a trip to Germany but I definitely wasn't going on a luxury excursion. Le sigh. :blush: Wouldn't that be nice?

Maybe we could all visit the Sephora in France, see if they treat the customers better. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi Ladies, 

My fiancé and I share a Sephora account (he has 6 sisters who he buys a lot for as well as his for some of his clients at work) and have reached VIB Rouge status. I have the card, but the account is in his name. We buy almost everything online and don't have an actual card for Sephora outside of the VIB card they mailed. Next week I'll be traveling for work and will be in an area with a Sephora. If I try to take advantage of a free makeover, will they give me a hard time since I have the actual card in my possession even though the account is in his name? It won't be worth going if it's going to be a hassle, but was just curious since it is one of the perks. Thanks!

@@alwayssunny I think they just ask for your email to confirm Rouge.

Also I thought I'd post Sephora is offering FLASH shipping, you can sign up for free if you are already Rouge and get 2 day shipping...just type Flash into the search bar.

@@alwayssunny I think they just ask for your email to confirm Rouge.

Also I thought I'd post Sephora is offering FLASH shipping, you can sign up for free if you are already Rouge and get 2 day shipping...just type Flash into the search bar.
Oh, nice, thank you for the heads up! I enrolled, but lately OnTrac has been so speedy, 2-Day seems like an afterthought! :lol:

Oh, nice, thank you for the heads up! I enrolled, but lately OnTrac has been so speedy, 2-Day seems like an afterthought! :lol:
I think OnTrac is 2 days to me I think but Flash has several options like USPS Priority which delivers on Saturday. I chose the one that said 1-2 days today.

I also posted this in the Sephora Discussion and Codes forum, but figured why not post here as well. Pick 2 of 3 SK-II deluxe samples!

sephora SKII.png

THE MUT OWNERS HAVE READ MY PRIVATE PM'S.  AND DELETED SOME.  I'M ENRAGED BY THIS AND WILL BE REPORTING THEM.  I'M ONLY HERE TO WARN YOU OTHERS.  I'M NOT POSTING THIS LIGHTLY, AS I HAVE LOVED THIS SITE SO SO MUCH, BUT I FEEL COMPLETELY VIOLATED.

@@greeny PM'D YOU, SEARCHING FOR A FEW OTHERS TOO.  COME FIND ME ON FB BRANDY ROBERTS WILTON CA - I'LL GET YOU TO THE RIGHT PLACE!

OK, TO BE FAIR, I FOUND OUT THE DELETED POSTS WERE BECAUSE MY FRIENDS DELETED THEIRS BECAUSE THEY ARE LEAVING THIS SITE.  I FELT I NEEDED TO CORRECT MYSELF.  LOL!  SORRY ABOUT THAT.  BUT I'M STILL MOVING WITH THE MASSES.  HAVE LOVED BEING HERE, BUT I CAN'T SUPPORT IT ANY LONGER.

Thank you for the correction. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">  Sorry to see you go. Hope you will visit us again some day. Thank you for being part of MUT! For the record, we do not access PMs, read them or delete them that's why they are called PMs. We ask that you follow the rules of MUT however when using your PMs but they are for your benefit.

Back