Silk Naturals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to tell you guys - I had SN on yesterday - a mix of ivory & buttery gold. Last night when my husband got home from work he said "you look very beautiful today". He said to the kids (ages 5 & 3.5) "doesn't mummy look beautiful today". It was very cute!

Only thing I can put it down to is the foundation! Karen's buttery gold colour is good because it's not just yellow. It is a balanced golden yellow, as it has some brown in there too. Karen's done an excellent job.

I was wearing a mix of ivory & ebony the day before - and it just washed me out. So far, buttery gold is the winner!!

I found the EM yellow shades, soooo yellow. Like, just yellow by itself and that's not very natural!!

I wearing Bare as an all over colour today with Basalt as a liner... nice natural look. I love using a teeny weeny bit of Basalt as my eyebrow shadow too... a little really goes a very long way.
biggrin.gif

Is there somewhere where I can find recipes for different shades of the foundation? I've started mixing and I'm not sure where to go from "one of each" mixed together. It feels nice on but I have no idea how it wears yet.

Originally Posted by becks81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Is there somewhere where I can find recipes for different shades of the foundation? I've started mixing and I'm not sure where to go from "one of each" mixed together. It feels nice on but I have no idea how it wears yet. They have their own forum that is accessible through their website. I am certain you will get help there.

I place my first order a coupled of days ago and received an email this am that the order has been shipped. I can't wait to get it. I'm on the search for a HG foundation.

I've tried BE, Jane Iredale, Aromaleigh, Illuminaire, Colorscience, & Mad Minerals to name a few. I've liked some...hated others. I have high hopes for Silk Naturals. Most of the reviews were very positive. So, lemming and addict that I am I signed on the dotted line.

This site is soooo bad for my makeup addiction. Just add chocolate and I'd never leave.

Originally Posted by becks81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Is there somewhere where I can find recipes for different shades of the foundation? I've started mixing and I'm not sure where to go from "one of each" mixed together. It feels nice on but I have no idea how it wears yet. Hi Becs!!! How are ya? What shade are you trying to get to??

I ran across the SN site just recently, I have no idea how i missed this, I am somewhat of a mineral addict, anyway I ordered a sample of the climax blush and a full size sprite shadow.

My order came amazingly fast and with some gorgeous samples. I am hooked and reading this forum makes me realize all the other wonderful products she has. I just put in an order for samples of the finishing powders and foundation. It was wonderful to see all the great reviews here!

Originally Posted by duhmoms /img/forum/go_quote.gif I ran across the SN site just recently, I have no idea how i missed this, I am somewhat of a mineral addict, anyway I ordered a sample of the climax blush and a full size sprite shadow.My order came amazingly fast and with some gorgeous samples. I am hooked and reading this forum makes me realize all the other wonderful products she has. I just put in an order for samples of the finishing powders and foundation. It was wonderful to see all the great reviews here!

Welcome to my favorite obsession! I am patiently waiting for the goodies to come very soon!
laughing.gif

hei, did anyone try "Sleep in a jar" concealer, can it really conceal dark circles undereye cause i have very dark cirlces undereye
frown.gif

i have read the sleep in a jar didn't work for some ladies on MMM. you may want to check for reviews there.

date bait is gorgeous. i was going to order a whole jar but am waiting to sample dreamworld's first.

I'm Chinese. The foundation recipe I settled on is 11 white; 1 ebony and 1 of either of the other two shades. Somehow it adds just the right amount of 'brown' to brighten up my face. I love the whole concept of mixing til you get the shade you want.

Plus given this is really my first attempts at makeup, I like how the foundation doesn't feel icky and sticky on the skin. Instead it somehow melds with the skin and feels totally natural. Super nice!

my first few shipments from SN went very smoothly. it was my 4th order that got misdirected and i tried emailing karen and i got no response. i emailed again using the email form on her site and this one got through. karen suggest i wait a bit but after a few more weeks, she sent me a new package. i was pretty upset at having no response at first and having to wait but everything turned out fine. it wasn't karen's fault the first package got stolen and it makes sense to wait a while just in case the first one does arrive. but karen is very responsive, just when you email her, make sure to do so from the email form on the site as she monitors that account more closely.

yea all of my interactions with karen have been great. she responds very quickly and is extremely attentive.

i too dont like her cs. i emailed like muliple times and still no response..been like almost a month..

wanna try the lippies. the site said its lead-free, unlike other brands of lippies..lol

Who is using lead in makeup? The FDA doesn’t allow cosmetic companies to use lead based additives.

i dont think any company is using lead but there's still traces cuz some of the natural ingredients aren't exactly 'pure' enough..

err...does it have to be natural? hmm...idk

I just know that many traditional makeup have lead, its harmful and that's why i'm afraid, cause i think it's also natural, it's iron and maybe if the ingredients are impure MMU can contain lead too

Hi , girls. I was trying to email Silk Naturals at Karen`s site but has encountererd with some strange problem--the system is asking me for some security code which I`m unable to immitate. Has anyone already encountered with the same problem before?

When I`ve done my previous orders , I either emailed Karen to her private email or to the ebay(but she doesn`t seem to sell her products from ebay anymore). I sent her an email to the email address I , luckily, safed in my comp, but I`m not sure she still has it--so far, no response ( which is a bit dissapointing--I was hoping to make my orders this week)

Can anybody help me, pls???
frown.gif

Back