Silk Naturals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by dreamzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif i ordered the flat top from this company and it fell apart before i even got a chance to use it. the handle just fell off. i tried to email the company a couple of times but have gotten no response. and it's been over a month.
screams.gif
that is horrible. I would contact paypal and or your credit card company.

Hi,

My name is Karen Stark and I own Silk Naturals. Unfortunately I was on vacation for the past 2 weeks and our email system did not work as well as anticipated.

It seems that our web person wasn't as great as we had hoped, and we have since started going through the site and correcting the errors- including updating the web site to reflect uniform prices and quantities on all of our eye shadows. They all are (and have been) 3/4 teaspoon- a full 5 gram sifter jar.

It's unacceptable to me to have even one unsatisfied customer- and I do apologize for any inconveniences that may have happened while I was away.I think that I've emailed each person with a response and solution to their concerns, but if I have missed anything please email me again.

Thank you,

Karen

Wow Karen it's nice to see that you took the remarks on this forum into account and changed those eye shadow prices and quantities, this makes me want to try a few other shades from your company
claps.gif

Well, the MMU addict that I am....I went ahead and placed a basic sample order. Free shipping to Canada. Also Karen said I could add some eye shadows to the package without additional shipping costs.. I also ordered one sample of blush - climax. (Nars clone)

Of couse, I will review here.

Added: the eye shadow issue has been resolved. All are same pricing and sizing as per Karen.

Originally Posted by starkraving /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi,My name is Karen Stark and I own Silk Naturals. Unfortunately I was on vacation for the past 2 weeks and our email system did not work as well as anticipated.

It seems that our web person wasn't as great as we had hoped, and we have since started going through the site and correcting the errors- including updating the web site to reflect uniform prices and quantities on all of our eye shadows. They all are (and have been) 3/4 teaspoon- a full 5 gram sifter jar.

It's unacceptable to me to have even one unsatisfied customer- and I do apologize for any inconveniences that may have happened while I was away.I think that I've emailed each person with a response and solution to their concerns, but if I have missed anything please email me again.

Thank you,

Karen

I think it is wonderful that you came on here to explain what has happened. This basically changes my mind on your company, and will make an order in the future. I am drooling over your BB clones
smile.gif

claps.gif

Originally Posted by starkraving /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi,My name is Karen Stark and I own Silk Naturals. Unfortunately I was on vacation for the past 2 weeks and our email system did not work as well as anticipated.

Thank you,

Karen

Hi Karen,
I emailed you this week with some questions too regarding international shipping to Malaysia (through your website). Let me know if you didn't get it and I'll email you again.
smile.gif

I think I have some of their samples. I have so many samples that I have not even tried yet.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to give an update on my situation. Karen has really done an outstanding job in making sure her customers are satisfied. When she got back from vacation, she promptly refunded my payment for the brush. Not only that, guess what I got in the mail today? A new brush! AND a sample of their 'date bait perfecting powder'. That really impressed me - sure, lots of companies say they care about their customers but Karen really shows it. You get the feeling that she is sincerely sorry and really goes out of the way to rectify whatever it is that went wrong.

I'll definitely go back to try out more of their products. I hope Karen adds new stuff soon!
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by autumnagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, the MMU addict that I am....I went ahead and placed a basic sample order. Free shipping to Canada. Also Karen said I could add some eye shadows to the package without additional shipping costs.. I also ordered one sample of blush - climax. (Nars clone)
Of couse, I will review here.

Added: the eye shadow issue has been resolved. All are same pricing and sizing as per Karen.

Update: I placed my order Friday afternoon and received confirmation today that it has been shipped. I'm in Canada so I am hoping to receive in a week.I could not resist those "clones"; she has very pretty eye shadow eyes on her site.

Originally Posted by realmccoy /img/forum/go_quote.gif I discovered her finishing powder about a year ago and it has become my HG, I love her products and her service! She has sent me new products to sample before they launch and she listens to her customers. I think her foundation idea is perfect for internet shopping because it allows you to create your perfect shade with very little risk. Thanks for the link, I cannot wait to look at her new site. Hi! How do you find her eye colours? I'm looking through but simply can't decide, there are so many! If you could swatch some colours that you have I would be very grateful.
flowers.gif
TIA!

I was ordering from Karen several times from ebay, and I trully consider her to be one of the most trustworthy sellers on ebay! I didn`t try her eyeshadows, but I do use and like her silk powders(the regular and the tinted one-especially this one) and the foundation.

Karen--welcome on MUT! It so nice to meet you here
smile.gif

I have ordered from her in the past. I totally love her glosses. They are among my favorites!

her glosses are back! and in case anyone is interested, there's also a pink long handled baby buki... cute!
laughing.gif
wub.gif

I'm also looking at getting some of the lippies as well. How are those? Do they stay on long and have good pigmentation?

I can't say the lippies are long wearing, but they last a reasonable amount of time. They feel like heaven on my lips. I just ordered three more!

As far as pigmentation, I have previously only ordered one color (Darling). I think she has a bunch of new colors that look more pigmented than mine. Darling has a more sheer color, but I love it!

I has ordered darling too and loved the color, but I didn't find it very long lasting though.

So even though I was not-so-happy with my first order from Silk Naturals I decided to give it a try again and I just ordered the flat top and a couple of blushes samples.

I'm really looking forward to receiving those
top.gif

Sooooo I placed the order mentioned above yesterday and just got an email telling me it has been shipped, that was impressively fast
7b.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Back