Sindulge Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know Sindulge officials are keeping an eye on this thread. My advise to them, which is the same I gave to MyGlam, is that you keep track of the replies you send out to the customer. That complaint a few posts above shows that while the same person is handling accounts that person is NOT going over previous questions and/or is not making note of their previously reply. BAD customer service in my book.

Okay here is my final notice. I'm officially cancelling my subscription after this next box..or bag w.e. After what I received in mine it really isn't worth my $12 when I can go buy it at walmart for cheaper.. Today my purple eyeliner was out of product 1/4 the way down the pencil..the rest was wood!! what a rip off! Plus an empty broken container.. I usually don't get pissed off but this is upsetting. I've summed down all my subscriptions to my top 3..Green Grab Bag, Sample Society, and Beauty Army. Those are the 3 I'm keeping and sindulge is now off my sub list..I cancelled my sindulge sub but they still charged my card!! So I had to call my bank and everything...total waste of time and money!
bs.gif

Do you guys think that if you were told your April box/bag would be free but never got an April box then the May one will be? Or should I just give up. lol

Originally Posted by Fluttershy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't believe this company lied to a few people and told them that they were cancelling all subscriptions until May.  Obviously, that is untrue as I received a bag in March AND a bag in April.  I wonder why Jaivin (sp?) would tell people that - he seems to have some really bad business sense.  Ugh.  That would make me incredibly pissed off that they lied to me.
This IS really strange and just bad business. Don't companies know that people review their boxes and companies as a whole? If you like to members, people will find out. I received a March and an April box. I liked both of them. But reading about all these customer service issues really makes me skeptical about the company. It's now on my, "try for another month, and see what happens" list. [insert deity of choice here] help me if this turns into another GGG fiasco.

I've given up getting my box. I don't care what they say there is no way that my package was entered successfully into the USPS system. Slapping on a tracking number and sending on confirmations before you actually hand it over to the mail carrier is absolutely shit. Nobody from Sindulge has replied back to my email either. Absolute worst service ever.

We've received a complaint from a Sindulge rep due to some of the posts made - specifically copies of the emails sent out and posting of their phone #s. According to the complaint made at the bottom of all the emails they sent is this:

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may not be reproduced without the express written consent of the sender. Unauthorized interception, review, use or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication.
Unfortunately for them under most state and Federal privacy and/or confidentiality laws in order to enforce that BOTH parties must be in agreement to a confidentiality contract BEFORE hand. You can't just stick that in an email and expect the other person to agree to it automatically. The other person HAS to have the "I agree" or "I do NOT agree" option. If they agree THEN can that clause be enforced. It's the same with recording phone calls. In my state you have to have consent of both parties involved not just one. The young lady who is studying law can probably tell you exactly what law it is that requires both parties consent I just remember that in my state BOTH parties must consent to something otherwise it can't be enforced.

The other thing I don't understand is why are the phones # so secretive. It's a company open to the public, right? I just don't get why a customer/subscriber has to jump hoops to get into contact with these people. Yes it reminds me of MyGlam but in MyGlam's case they actually do not have a phone # that's 1-415-MYGLAM while with Sindulge they do have a phone number that's their area code plus SINDULGE.

Too many of the newer beauty boxes all seem to be in it for a quick buck rather than actual providing subscribers aka CUSTOMERS quality service and product.

My advice to those who are either not getting their boxes yet are still being charged is to contact the FTC along with your state's Attorney General's Office and the California Attorney General's office as they're really the only ones that can do something about it. Also call your bank and dispute any charges. For those getting broken items and Sindulge is NOT correcting the problem you can also dispute the charge with your bank or credit card.

For the price you're paying with this company, as an outsider looking in, I don't think they're worth the money. Personally I'd rather get a 2nd Birchbox account then spend my money on a company where it takes forever to get a consultation much less the actual product. I also rather not do business with a company that rather go around demanding posts be removed than actually dealing with legitimate customer complaints.

Unfortunately, I will remove the phone number simply because it is violating our Terms of Service since the rep from Sindulge has said one of the phone numbers is a personal cell phone #.

Lol who knew we'd not only learn about beauty products and services, but also a little law and consumer rights on makeuptalk too!
icon_smile.gif

How did we even find that number? I thought it was at the top of their website or something, or at least it used to be iirc. So weird...for a company not to have a phone number. 

MyGlam also does not have a phone number. I have the phone numbers of a few staff members there but of course those are indeed personal cell phone #s which I can't share. Still, I've always found it odd in companies that don't have phone numbers. Does Beauty Army have a public phone number?

Just did my last consult with christina it was alright...i did add that i had an empty container last time. I asked for all specific makeup items and no skincare because i'm pregnant so...we'll see what happens this time. I couldn't help but be frustrated. 
plain.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

MyGlam also does not have a phone number. I have the phone numbers of a few staff members there but of course those are indeed personal cell phone #s which I can't share. Still, I've always found it odd in companies that don't have phone numbers. Does Beauty Army have a public phone number?
Not that I see...but it's weird! I guess I just assume...since I answer the phones at my work lol...bb has a number, little black bag has a number. I always assumed that a phone number was required to register as a legit company or something.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not that I see...but it's weird! I guess I just assume...since I answer the phones at my work lol...bb has a number, little black bag has a number. I always assumed that a phone number was required to register as a legit company or something.
I just found their incorporation listing in California. It looks like you don't have to public numbers listed in CA

Entity Name: SINDULGE, INC. Entity Number: C3409910 Date Filed: 09/02/2011 Status: ACTIVE Jurisdiction: CALIFORNIA Entity Address: 578 WASHINGTON BLVD, #687 Entity City, State, Zip: MARINA DEL REY CA 90292 Agent for Service of Process: CHRISTINA MARRALE Agent Address: 578 WASHINGTON BLVD, #687 Agent City, State, Zip: MARINA DEL REY CA 90292

I emailed them about my package that they told me was shipped on 4/28. So now I got an email from them saying my package was only mailed today after I complained...

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed them about my package that they told me was shipped on 4/28. So now I got an email from them saying my package was only mailed today after I complained...
lol, WHAT are they doing? Such a mess.

Yikes! That reminds me of GoGo Girlfriend! Remember how many members were getting emails from them saying boxes were shipped on such and such date only for the boxes never to have been sent?

Back