Sindulge Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by AsianGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Um ... I'm really confused. People are receiving boxes in April but when I wrote Sindulge around 17Apr this is what Jaivin said:

I had a weird 'cancelled' order for my April box, which said something about unable to charge my Paypal (but my payment method is via CC), I wrote to ask what is going on with my April box and got that reply.

It is OBVIOUS that not "all second month" subs have been pushed til today. I wrote Jaivin back letting him know that a handful of people have already gotten their second box and I'm wondering what is going on with my box.

What I really would like to know is what is going on with Sindulge? Really people, it is NOT that hard to put samples in a box and send them out. And please respond to your customers truthfully. Don't say that boxes are delayed until May 1st and then release boxes to some people and not others.

I got one at the begin of April, but I'm apparently not going to be billed again until Jun 1st, so I guess I won't be getting anything for May? I'm kind of disappointed because my first one wasn't bad and I wanted to see what they would send me with out a consultation.

What I really would like to know is what is going on with Sindulge? Really people, it is NOT that hard to put samples in a box and send them out. And please respond to your customers truthfully. Don't say that boxes are delayed until May 1st and then release boxes to some people and not others.
Thats really my issue, too. I can handle delays, but please give me realistic expectations up front.

That's the whole problem with this company.  Yes, they seem to have taken on too many subscribers too soon, but when it comes down to it, the whole problem is COMMUNICATION.  If things are going to be delayed, tell us.  If you can't send us the things we say we want in our consultation, tell us.  Yes, people might be annoyed, but not nearly as annoyed as they're going to be if they feel like they're being strung along or lied to.

I actually like the products I received this month and if not for the terrible service issues so far, I probably would keep the sub.  It's sad when that happens!

I had my consultation on March 27th. I got my box today. I received: NYX Matte black eyeliner Pixi champagne shadow Pixi ugly bronze nail polish And the bronze eyeshadow powder sample It's better than my last box...I don't think I necessarily need another black eyeliner, they sent me one last month but then again...it will be used im sure. I'm going to try to exchange that nail polish...I'm so not a fan of dark colors like that. The eyeshadow is pretty but I do have a lot of light pale shades...I wish I could exchange this but there was no box. And the powder eyeshadow is pretty. This month was much better. But I wouldn't spend $12 on this sub. I have a hard enough time doing it with beauty army. Even though myglam is always a gamble, I always end up loving something in my bag each month. With Sindulge I just feel like who KNOWS what they are goin to get? It will be very interesting to see what happens when the next boxes go out

I was just wondering about all of this today, glad you got an answer from them.  I wonder if they are going to charge me again. As of today it still only shows the cancelled April.

Um ... I'm really confused. People are receiving boxes in April but when I wrote Sindulge around 17Apr this is what Jaivin said:

I had a weird 'cancelled' order for my April box, which said something about unable to charge my Paypal (but my payment method is via CC), I wrote to ask what is going on with my April box and got that reply.

It is OBVIOUS that not "all second month" subs have been pushed til today. I wrote Jaivin back letting him know that a handful of people have already gotten their second box and I'm wondering what is going on with my box.

Oh god, I refuse to move that far away from a Target ever. I live within walking distance...along with tj maxx, marshall's, ross, sally beauty supply, ulta, wal-greens, etc. Its terrible and amazing all at once.
Wow. I have similar too-much-available-to-me issues. Translation: impossible to stay on a no-buy.

Not bad. I asked for eye cream & polish. OPI - yodel me on your cell - FS Youngblood - eye impact la prairie - cellular eye contour cream me - eye liner in emerald city l'occitane = shampooing conditioner
That's a nice set of samples!

I was billed again a penny, on 4/30. However, I have not received the notice to schedule a consult yet, and based on my own experience and stuff I've read here, I think I should have by now. Have they abandoned this colossal buttpain? Part of me hopes so; it's a nice concept but too hard to handle especially for a start-up.

I guess I got what most of everyone else got: the Pixi silver glitter polish (fine for when I want to get in touch with my inner teen), Pixi Champagne shadow (actually quite pretty), a Youngblood finishing powder and Indie Lee lemongrass lotion (which I want to drink, it smells so good.) The wrapping on the shadow makes it look like it was once part of a Pixi collection of some kind, like one of those little makeup bags they had on special at Target with a few choice pieces inside.

I never received a notification to set up my next consultation. You have to set it up yourself :-/

My bag has still not moved...

I got my box in today. Indie Lee body wash, the same Pixi glitter polish, and the same two eye shadows. Putting this one on the back burner for a while so I can just watch. Especially considering I asked for a scrub, not a wash, hair items (got none), blush, and a cuticle or nail strengthener.

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my box in today. Indie Lee body wash, the same Pixi glitter polish, and the same two eye shadows. Putting this one on the back burner for a while so I can just watch. Especially considering I asked for a scrub, not a wash, hair items (got none), blush, and a cuticle or nail strengthener.
Is the Indie Lee body wash the same scent as the scrub?

Is the Indie Lee body wash the same scent as the scrub?
The wash is lemongrass and citrus while the scrub is coconut and citrus. I actually really love the eyeshadows. The Skone one is so vibrant.

I got my box today & received:

Pixi silver sparkle nail polish

Me brown eyeliner

Skone eyeshadow

Pixi champagne eyeshadow

Not bad for a penny. I like both of the eye shadows & told Alex during my consult that I only wear brown eyeliners, if I wear any at all, so I'm glad she listened there. The nail polish will probably go up on my trade thread because I already have a few like it.

I'm just glad to finally be done with this company! Maybe I will come back in 6 months when they have their stuff together better. I'm looking to move in the next couple of months so every dollar I can save is better anyways!

I can't believe this company lied to a few people and told them that they were cancelling all subscriptions until May.  Obviously, that is untrue as I received a bag in March AND a bag in April.  I wonder why Jaivin (sp?) would tell people that - he seems to have some really bad business sense.  Ugh.  That would make me incredibly pissed off that they lied to me.

Just received this email from Jaivin:

[SIZE=11pt]I apologize but the system skipped your payment for the month. You can resubscribe and I will refund back the $11.99 as your second bag was promised as free. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Regards,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Jaivin Karnani[/SIZE]

What?! Last time I checked this was what he wrote to me, on 17Apr, when I asked why my April box said 'Cancelled':

[SIZE=11pt]Thank you for contacting us.  We are delaying all second month subscriptions to May 1.  The cancellation you see was an error in our system as the order was generated prematurely.  You will see a charge for your next shipment on May 1, and it will be for $0.01 only for our accounting purposes.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.[/SIZE]

And he had sent this to me YESTERDAY:

[SIZE=11pt]We are working on your second month box and will send you an order confirmation once it is ready.  You can schedule your consultation at that time.  You have not been billed for a second box as of yet, so you can disregard that order that is marked as cancelled in your account history.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I apologize for any inconvenience caused.[/SIZE]

So basically I got the 'don't worry everything is fine, box is just delayed' to 'oh we are preparing everything' to all of a sudden ... 'Please re-subscribe because we messed up?!?!'

I wrote back:

What happened to the situation you described more than 3 weeks ago?

Now I've been UNSUBSCRIBED?! This is not professional at all.

I really think you should sort out the membership issue from your end, and send my second box ASAP.

And as I was composing this rant, Jaivin replies:
  [SIZE=11pt]You have not been unsubscribed.  I apologize for the issue and will get your samples out tomorrow.  Your next billing will occur on June 1.[/SIZE]

What is going on with Sindulge? Are they TRYING to piss people off so they would subscribe?? I am definitely unsubbing as soon as this 'free' box is received.

Back