Skincare Helpppp!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't even lie. As I wash washing my face for the THIRD time tonight, all I could think was "boom!! @tiffany27la would be so proud of me!!"

Washed my face 3x last night and my skin looked better today! I think my moisturizer actually got to my skin, makes total sense :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Can I ask if this is a good enough way to wash?

I wet my face, use cetaphil & use my fingers to gently rub off the pollution & days grime (I live in an icky sweaty city), rinse that off. Then I load up a wet clarisonic with some more cetaphil (restorderm as I have dry sensitive skin) and wash again for 2 mins.  Then I rinse that all off  dry my face before I moisten my face again with a hydrating mist and begin to use my serums and oils!  Should I be adding one more wash to the routine?  I generally don't wear makeup - just tinted sunscreen (skinceuticals) or a juice beauty cc cream & lip balm but when I do I use make up remover first and wash my face with that before I start the same routine.  My husband always thinks I take a ridiculous amount of time to wash my face as it is lol

I know I have to take care around my nose as those pores seem to block easily especially if I over moisturize!

But more than that - my boys are 10 - and they are getting loads of milia - do you have any tips on how to deal with that?  You are so wonderful to be willing to share your knowledge!  

Hmmmmm its late at night here already - time to go wash my face! 

re the washing 3x

What are your thoughts on toner after cleansing? The toner I own but am not currently using is theBalm Geranium face toner. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, three *consecutive* cleansings...aaand I just so happen to use three different cleansers, but it is by no means required to do so! I use a combination of foaming and cream cleansers...but, again, this is just my personal preference
smile.gif

I will say that those of you who tend to battle dryer skin will probably notice a more comfortable difference by ending the cleansing routine with a cream base cleanser because the lipids will help aid in moisture restoration
smile.gif

Do you have a favorite cream cleanser? I have sensitive skin that turns red with a lot of products and often feels sort of stripped dry by a lot of facial cleansers.  Right now I'm alternating between Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser and Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser and like both.  

@Tiffany27la, you're the best!  

BLACKHEADS, what do I do about them?  I have what seems like chronic blackheads on the sides of my nose. Pore strips don't help, neither do any of the blackhead-targeted cleansers I've tried. I'm clearly doing something wrong. 

Also, is there a correct way to apply moisturizer? I only started moisturizing this year (yikes, sorry skin), and I sort of just smear that shit everywhere, but I'm sure you have a fancy pretty princess way of doing it that would be much better. Right??

Thanks for sharing your beauty knowledge Tiffany!  I'm so excited to try this tomorrow.  

My skin is genrally normal/dry with a little oil on nose and forehead.  I do have some pores that I'd like to have minimized around cheek, so am excited to try the 3X to really really get things clean!

Yipee for Tiffany!

Can't even lie. As I wash washing my face for the THIRD time tonight, all I could think was "boom!! @tiffany27la would be so proud of me!!"
I am SO proud of you!!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Washed my face 3x last night and my skin looked better today! I think my moisturizer actually got to my skin, makes total sense :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yesss! Give it a week, and the difference will be ASTOUNDING! So glad I could help! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've washed my face 3 times for the past two nights and I swear my cheeks are less flaky than they were 3 days ago.

Is there any way to prevent breakouts that happen in conjunction with my period? I always get painful acne right on or just inside my hairline right before my period starts. I don't use any styling products in my hair, and I don't smear makeup into my hairline lol. Also, what's a good deep cleanser to use? My skin is generally pretty clear, so I only use light to medium coverage Asian BB creams. I know that they have a tendency to clog pores though :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I use cetaphil daily
Unfortunately, Hormonal imbalances courtesy of Aunt Flo will almost always result in a break out of some type..(albeit a very small one in some cases...noticeable nonetheless) The location, length and extent of the breakout will definitely be influenced by individual components such as body chemistry and genetics..(I.e.. things we have no control or power over to change lol) Hmmm...a good deep cleanser.. This question comes up a LOT in my practice, and due to the fact that I work independently, and don't endorse brand ambassadorship (at least not professionally, anyway)...It's much easier for me to explain to people that their are 100's of "good" deep cleansers out there, but you have to find something that works for *you*...without having properly assessed your skin, It's really hard for me to just throw out a recommendation, because I take those very seriously, but if I had to list my number one, favorite "deep cleanser" of all time..it would be Yonka's Gel Nettoyant. Hands down. Hope that helps! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Can I ask if this is a good enough way to wash?  I wet my face, use cetaphil & use my fingers to gently rub off the pollution & days grime (I live in an icky sweaty city), rinse that off. Then I load up a wet clarisonic with some more cetaphil (restorderm as I have dry sensitive skin) and wash again for 2 mins.  Then I rinse that all off  dry my face before I moisten my face again with a hydrating mist and begin to use my serums and oils!  Should I be adding one more wash to the routine?  I generally don't wear makeup - just tinted sunscreen (skinceuticals) or a juice beauty cc cream & lip balm but when I do I use make up remover first and wash my face with that before I start the same routine.  My husband always thinks I take a ridiculous amount of time to wash my face as it is lol I know I have to take care around my nose as those pores seem to block easily especially if I over moisturize! But more than that - my boys are 10 - and they are getting loads of milia - do you have any tips on how to deal with that?  You are so wonderful to be willing to share your knowledge!   Hmmmmm its late at night here already - time to go wash my face! 
Especially if all your wearing during the day is sunscreen, you ABSOLUTELY need to be cleansing three times! The ingredient lists in most sunscreens pack a punch, (even the "natural" ones!) and rightfully, so..we're counting on them to form a protective layer between our skin and the sun's harmful, damaging rays, but it's precisely because of this that you want to make sure ALL traces of sunscreen are thoroughly removed before bedtime..at night is when the skin renews itself, and it's really important to start that process with a clean slate :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My tips for your boys ? If at all possible, get them to a trained skincare professional. Blackheads/congestion left to fester in pores over time can dramatically increase pore size, so thorough (but proper!) extraction is absolutely necessary.. One important word about extractions though, please don't attempt to do this yourself..(any of you!) Pressure has to be exerted at a certain angle and in a certain motion to *effectively* remove congestion..a trained esthetician will know the process/procedure to perform extractions properly ..otherwise, your inadvertently pushing the bacteria/dirt/blackheads even further into the skin :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hope this helps!

Quote: Originally Posted by KellyKaye /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's official, I'm going to scavenge up some money to come to New Orleans to eat your food and have my face looked at.

I wish I could come now! Lol

Right? Why haven't we done this already? Skincare party at @Tiffany27la's, I'll bring my skin and some wine! 

Quote: Originally Posted by ewiggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Right? Why haven't we done this already? Skincare party at @Tiffany27la's, I'll bring my skin and some wine!

Yesss!!! Words CANNOT express how much I want this to happen!! I Love ALL you guys so much!
yess.gif

I'm trying to answer each question as in depth as possible, so please bear with me cause I still have to work, LOL! I promise I'll get to everybody!!

Quote: Originally Posted by KellyKaye /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've washed my face 3 times for the past two nights and I swear my cheeks are less flaky than they were 3 days ago.
Me too no flakes here!! ....and dare I say my face is now...supple? We should have taken before and after photos!

Tiffany - thanks so much for the advice...I was going to take them to the doctor to get a referral for a dermatologist...but do you think Im better off taking them to esthetician?

I have a great one but she is super hard to get a booking with - but if I book her now I might get something for the end of January...

How I wish I wasn't 1000s of miles away - I'd so bring them to see you!

Especially if all your wearing during the day is sunscreen, you ABSOLUTELY need to be cleansing three times! The ingredient lists in most sunscreens pack a punch, (even the "natural" ones!) and rightfully, so..we're counting on them to form a protective layer between our skin and the sun's harmful, damaging rays, but it's precisely because of this that you want to make sure ALL traces of sunscreen are thoroughly removed before bedtime..at night is when the skin renews itself, and it's really important to start that process with a clean slate :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My tips for your boys ? If at all possible, get them to a trained skincare professional. Blackheads/congestion left to fester in pores over time can dramatically increase pore size, so thorough (but proper!) extraction is absolutely necessary.. One important word about extractions though, please don't attempt to do this yourself..(any of you!) Pressure has to be exerted at a certain angle and in a certain motion to *effectively* remove congestion..a trained esthetician will know the process/procedure to perform extractions properly ..otherwise, your inadvertently pushing the bacteria/dirt/blackheads even further into the skin :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hope this helps!
This is better advice that I've ever received & I've read Cosmo, Allure, & every other beauty magazine for like 20 years... Lol! Tiffany where have you been all my life...Im now on the road to having drop dead gorgeous skin..Thanks so much for all your helpful advice. Changes I've Made: Washing face 3 x and not squeezing the black heads on my nose every night (this is truly an obsession of mine & Im stopping, promise! )

Back