(Spoilers) April Ipsy bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Sation one that came in my Ipsy bag - Of Corset I'll Call you.

Originally Posted by nishino /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, I can't use MicaBeauty's "EARTH" however I can turn it into nail polish! In my case what I did was over a wet nail press (using an eyeshadow sponge applicator) the MicaBeauty shadow then sealed with a clear polish. Bad picture quality (it's like almost 1 AM here) but here's what it looks light under bad light conditions.
dang that is cool looking!  what color was the polish under the mica powder?

Originally Posted by lauradiniwilk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Side note: Ladies with rosacea - what is your HG foundation? So far MAC studio fix is my favorite, but I like Missha BB Cream since it lasts all day too.
OCC Tinted Moisturizer Y1, MUFE Mat Velvet #35 (mixed with OCC or BB cream since it's still too dark for me) and Skin79 VIP Gold BB cream but I'm using the Absolue one.

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

I'd observe my skins reactions to different mineral mixes, try samples first.  Not all minerals have the same hardness or sharp edges when reduced to a base powder form the way mica has.  

Mica's made up of a a few different minerals but silicate is a large component, which is what sand is and when sand is melted down forms glass.

There are some minerals that are soft, for example graphite and it won't scratch you no matter what you do with it... so there very well may be a mix that won't hurt your rosacea, or a company that mills and tumbles their powder to silky perfection!!

I'm sorry but I do not have extensive knowledge on other minerals at this point...  I'm aware of mica because it has become the most common offender for me in skin care.   

If you've got a geologist friend have them read the mineral powder ingredients they can probably tell you which when milled might still retain jagged edges and cause abrasions on sensitive skin.  

Mica's natural structure is sheet-like and can be easily separated into little leaflets.  I suspect when it is milled it still breaks in a way that doesn't betray it's natural mineral structure so it could scratch.  It' really pretty though!!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Wow Formosa--You know a lot about mica! My skin seems more sensitive to chemicals than anything else, if that makes sense. And I guess my rosacea must be very slight. So maybe that is why I have been able to use mineral powder foundation, even if it does contain mica.

Here's what they say about the foundation I have now and the ingredient list: "Pampered Puss has the same coverage, texture and feel of our original Purrr-fect Puss, but it's formulation has been completely redesigned with the most delicate and irritation prone skin in mind.  

It's everthing you love about Purrr-fect Puss combined with the numerous skin protection and soothing benefits of Zinc Oxide!

If you liked Purrr-fect Puss, but feel your sensitive, or itch prone skin STILL needs a little something more, than you'll LOVE Pampered Puss.  Designed to soothe and calm, it will amaze you with it's sheer, layerable coverage.

Matte and layerable, never shiny, and not heavy, don't miss Pampered Puss! Ingredients: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides"

I have really bad rosacea and I haven't noticed that it flares up any worse than usual using products with mica. I think everyone's skin is different though and I will definitely proceed with caution using makeup with this ingredient in the future. Thanks, FormosaHoney!

Side note: Ladies with rosacea - what is your HG foundation? So far MAC studio fix is my favorite, but I like Missha BB Cream since it lasts all day too.
Laura--I just got a bottle of Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation in the shade 3.5. I have stayed away from liquid for so long as I didn't like how it felt and it had a tendency to either be too greasy or (if oil free) it just didn't spread well. I've only used the Naked twice so far, but I LOVE how weightless it feels. I don't feel like I want to take it off as soon as I put it on like I do with most other foundations. So I am at least hopeful it will work for me. The only thing I really don't like about it is the price--$40 for 1 oz. But then, this is the first high end foundation I've ever purchased. All other liquids I've tried have been drugstore brands. So maybe that was part of the reason I hated them too.

Odd question but did anyone remove the 2 eye shadow and try to stick it in the RX pallet? I would love to put in in there I just want to know if it will sick before I go through the work.

Over "Of Corset I'll Call You" from Miss Professional Nail's Sation I'm wearing "Earth" from MicaBeauty cosmetics. Since I'm allergic to their products but don't want to throw this away I decided to apply it over wet polish. With a sponge shadow applicator I dabbed the mica over the wet polish then allowed it to dry before sealing it with a clear top coat. It's REALLY pretty in person.

Really creative and pretty - I can never get my nails to look right when I do that kind of stuff.  How wet was the nail polish?

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Over "Of Corset I'll Call You" from Miss Professional Nail's Sation I'm wearing "Earth" from MicaBeauty cosmetics. Since I'm allergic to their products but don't want to throw this away I decided to apply it over wet polish. With a sponge shadow applicator I dabbed the mica over the wet polish then allowed it to dry before sealing it with a clear top coat. It's REALLY pretty in person.

I had two layers of polish - first layer allowed to completely dry then the second I applied on one hand and then went back, after the 5th nail was painted, with the shadow. you want to really load the sponge applicator and press. It DOES make a bit of a mess around the nail since the shadow will touch the skin. Do not attempt to clean it up while the polish is wet. Once you've allowed it to dry and then seal with a top coat, once that top coat is dry you can wash the excess shadow off from around the skin. In all - it took me about 20 minutes, maybe 30, to do both hands from start to finish but I wanted to make sure the polish was dry before washing my hands. It turned out really pretty. I'm contemplating doing the same with my beloved Feline Fatale from Glamourdoll Eyes.

Originally Posted by JimmyJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Really creative and pretty - I can never get my nails to look right when I do that kind of stuff.  How wet was the nail polish?

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have really bad rosacea and I haven't noticed that it flares up any worse than usual using products with mica. I think everyone's skin is different though and I will definitely proceed with caution using makeup with this ingredient in the future. Thanks, FormosaHoney!

have rosacea and love my Missha M Perfect BB Cream

Aww...This kind of makes me sad I traded my mica sample for the Beach Please blush (as I got the Sweet Cheeks color, so now I have both).  I also traded my peach polish for this color, so I totally could have done this look.  Oh well.  I'm sure I can find some mineral powders or samples I could use to at least try out the look.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That looks really pretty! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Definitely wanna try that at some point.

OCC Tinted Moisturizer Y1, MUFE Mat Velvet #35 (mixed with OCC or BB cream since it's still too dark for me) and Skin79 VIP Gold BB cream but I'm using the Absolue one.
OOH, three things I haven't tried! I have always wanted to try other Japanese BBs, but I keep getting great deals on the Missha.
Laura--I just got a bottle of Urban Decay's Naked Skin foundation in the shade 3.5. I have stayed away from liquid for so long as I didn't like how it felt and it had a tendency to either be too greasy or (if oil free) it just didn't spread well. I've only used the Naked twice so far, but I LOVE how weightless it feels. I don't feel like I want to take it off as soon as I put it on like I do with most other foundations. So I am at least hopeful it will work for me. The only thing I really don't like about it is the price--$40 for 1 oz. But then, this is the first high end foundation I've ever purchased. All other liquids I've tried have been drugstore brands. So maybe that was part of the reason I hated them too.
I have only tried the naked skin BB, not the regular foundation (although I think I have some samples from the last UD sale. Maybe I'll try to get a bigger sample on my next sephora run! I will pay pretty much anything to have a normal looking face.
 have rosacea and love my Missha M Perfect BB Cream
I didn't really appreciate the Missha until I went back to something else and then I realized how much staying power it had. I wish I had enjoyed it more before I ran out! I have a backup but I have like 3 open foundations to use first :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

WOW! I love this!!  DIdn't get it in my bag though boo!

Wow, that looks so lovely! And you also have perfectly shaped nails. Lucky!!!

I mixed my Mica with some sweet almond oil and a few popped capsules of Vitamin E oil for a lip gloss. I love that the shimmer powder is so universal. I hope we see more products that can be used for different applications.

Well, I was right about the ZOYA nail color. CONFIRMED: They put up a sneak peek today. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

http://www.ipsy.com/product/p-hg4jqzh7qligrt/

My next predication from my FaceBook explorations would be Moxie lip gloss-- because every Monday this past month ipsy has been running a contest to win a Moxie lip gloss. That is not CONFIRMED, but CONJECTURE. (just a guess from my sleuthing!)

Well, I was right about the ZOYA nail color. CONFIRMED: They put up a sneak peek today. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />http://www.ipsy.com/product/p-hg4jqzh7qligrt/ My next predication from my FaceBook explorations would be Moxie lip gloss-- because every Monday this past month ipsy has been running a contest to win a Moxie lip gloss. That is not CONFIRMED, but CONJECTURE. (just a guess from my sleuthing!)
Well, the one you can win is the exact one that went out a few months ago, in December or November, I can't remember which.

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, the one you can win is the exact one that went out a few months ago, in December or November, I can't remember which.
November
smile.gif
That was an awesome bag! It was the Moxie lipgloss in Daredevil.

Back