(Spoilers) April Ipsy bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See, contrary to belief... I don't know everything. LOL That is new info... I know mica is made from crushed rock but never thought it had microscopic edges. That makes total sense on why it itches like crazy. But again, it's not all mica based products - I have so many products where the first or second ingredient is mica or is primarily mica but MicaBella/Beauty is the only one I ever have a problem with. The line of "certain coated mica based products will wreak havoc... due to its' heavier consistency..." has me thinking that the MicaBella/Beauty mica is one of those "certain coated" products. Maybe the mica is not as finely milled as other mica, maybe it has a coating on it that's heavier but that info is pretty right on the money for me, especially since I DO suffer from rosacea.

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh goodness. I wonder what's different about their mica and how it would cause a reaction?!
Mica (Sericite) as a general rule is safe for the skin and usually will not cause any significant problems for women with normal complexions; however for those of us, like me, with sensitive, allergy prone skin issues, this ingredient can cause severe distress to the wearer. Mica is made from pulverized (crushed) rock which tends to have sharp microscopic edges causing micro-tears when buffed onto the skin. It can also cause further irritation to women with acne and rosacea making both of these conditions worsen. Certain coated Mica based products will wreak havoc on acne prone skin due to its' heavier consistency which requires more buffing onto the skin in order to disperse pigment and keep it from slipping into fine lines. It is this same action which forces the makeup into the pores which in turn can plug them and create an environment for more acne to grow. 

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

~ internet

ZoomButt.gif

Mica (Sericite) as a general rule is safe for the skin and usually will not cause any significant problems for women with normal complexions; however for those of us, like me, with sensitive, allergy prone skin issues, this ingredient can cause severe distress to the wearer. Mica is made from pulverized (crushed) rock which tends to have sharp microscopic edges causing micro-tears when buffed onto the skin. It can also cause further irritation to women with acne and rosacea making both of these conditions worsen. Certain coated Mica based products will wreak havoc on acne prone skin due to its' heavier consistency which requires more buffing onto the skin in order to disperse pigment and keep it from slipping into fine lines. It is this same action which forces the makeup into the pores which in turn can plug them and create an environment for more acne to grow. 

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

~ internet

ZoomButt.gif

Yikes! Thanks for the info.

KK ladies, I may just have a hint for the MAY BAG! I am always on FaceBook and guess who posted on ipsy's FaceBook page as well as "liked" ipsy TODAY? ZOYA! The nail polish company. Now, I am just speculating and sleuthing-- so don't count on it, but it is a pretty cool hint if it is TRUE. 

The post says: 

"Hey Ipsy Beauties - have a great day! Love the Zoya Nail Polish Fairies." 
wub.gif

Here is a link to a video about the new summer collection. The collection is GORGEOUS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7r7KBglOLA&feature=youtu.be

Also I learned from the thread on the link that Zoya is half off this week due to EARTH WEEK.

This makes the polishes 4.00

Here is the code for their site. ZOYAEARTH2013

Originally Posted by mindcaviar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

KK ladies, I may just have a hint for the MAY BAG! I am always on FaceBook and guess who posted on ipsy's FaceBook page as well as "liked" ipsy TODAY? ZOYA! The nail polish company. Now, I am just speculating and sleuthing-- so don't count on it, but it is a pretty cool hint if it is TRUE. 

The post says: 

wub.gif

Here is a link to a video about the new summer collection. The collection is GORGEOUS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7r7KBglOLA&feature=youtu.be

Also I learned from the thread on the link that Zoya is half off this week due to EARTH WEEK.

I would love to get a Zoya polish in a future bag!

hmmmmm looks like you have to purchase at least six bottles of ZOYA nail polish in order to get the half price deal with the code. Buy 6 bottles or more (up to 24) Sorry for not posting that part. 

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would love to get a Zoya polish in a future bag!
So would I. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am thinking if not in May, they must have partnered up so we will see a ZOYA polish in a future bag this year. I am in love with the sparkling colors in their PIXIE DUST collection. And since the post on ipsy mentioned "fairies" ???????? Well, who knows! 

Here is the summer Pixie Dust Collection: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smSrNR7-PaQ which is not just a glitter collection, but a fine glitter matte sand-like finish. 

KK ladies, I may just have a hint for the MAY BAG! I am always on FaceBook and guess who posted on ipsy's FaceBook page as well as "liked" ipsy TODAY? ZOYA! The nail polish company. Now, I am just speculating and sleuthing-- so don't count on it, but it is a pretty cool hint if it is TRUE.  The post says: 
wub.gif
Here is a link to a video about the new summer collection. The collection is GORGEOUS:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7r7KBglOLA&feature=youtu.be Also I learned from the thread on the link that Zoya is half off this week due to EARTH WEEK. This makes the polishes 4.00 Here is the code for their site. ZOYAEARTH2013
I hope we do get Zoya nail polish :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hopefully soon

So would I. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am thinking if not in May, they must have partnered up so we will see a ZOYA polish in a future bag this year. I am in love with the sparkling colors in their PIXIE DUST collection. And since the post on ipsy mentioned "fairies" ???????? Well, who knows! 

Here is the summer Pixie Dust Collection: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smSrNR7-PaQ which is not just a glitter collection, but a fine glitter matte sand-like finish. 
Those are so pretty, I love Zoya so I would be happy with anything from them.

"Fairy" is just their nickname for their employees. They've been using it for years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

See, contrary to belief... I don't know everything. LOL That is new info... I know mica is made from crushed rock but never thought it had microscopic edges. That makes total sense on why it itches like crazy. But again, it's not all mica based products - I have so many products where the first or second ingredient is mica or is primarily mica but MicaBella/Beauty is the only one I ever have a problem with. The line of "certain coated mica based products will wreak havoc... due to its' heavier consistency..." has me thinking that the MicaBella/Beauty mica is one of those "certain coated" products. Maybe the mica is not as finely milled as other mica, maybe it has a coating on it that's heavier but that info is pretty right on the money for me, especially since I DO suffer from rosacea.
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

The skin on my eye lids are super sensitive too!  It won't tolerate any shadow, shadow cream (i.e. the gorgeous 'Tattoo' shades) or eye primer.  Always starts itching and stinging within half an hour.  But I continue to sample and wipe off.  Maybe there will be a formula that works for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...

Liners and mascaras are good, I'm grateful for that!! 

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

A little tangent, peppers works very much the same way in its mechanics.  The human mouth doesn't have a taste receptor for what pepper does, it sorta just scratches around...  That's why pepper burns when you get it in our eyes or into a cut.  

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I could not get the pink sparkles to show through in any of these photos
frown.gif
ooh it does look pretty and sparkly though!  I have another cream shadow that might work with this...

thanks for posting your photos! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I got the Love at First Byte polish in my bag, and when I tried it, I wasn't a big fan. I have butter London Diamond Geezer on my nails now, and last night I was saw the Sation polish sitting on my dresser and thought, "Ooh, I wonder what this would look like over the silver...." I put one coat over my 2 coats of BL, and it turned this suuuuuper pretty smokey light purple color. Now I want to layer it over everything just to see what it'll look like! There's hope for it yet. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I got the Love at First Byte polish in my bag, and when I tried it, I wasn't a big fan. I have butter London Diamond Geezer on my nails now, and last night I was saw the Sation polish sitting on my dresser and thought, "Ooh, I wonder what this would look like over the silver...." I put one coat over my 2 coats of BL, and it turned this suuuuuper pretty smokey light purple color. Now I want to layer it over everything just to see what it'll look like! There's hope for it yet. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oooh,..  Photos please, pretty please?  
patches.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

The post says: 

wub.gif

Thank you!  I've been meaning to try Zoya for a while.  I just placed an order.  I didn't realize the code was good all week.  
icon_cheesygrin.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

~ internet

ZoomButt.gif

Hmmm...This may make me rethink some things. I always thought mineral makeup was supposed to be more gentle. I do have sensitive skin. I burn easily. Very fair. And my cheeks stay red. When I went to the dermatologist on a separate issue, she mentioned I have some mild rosacea. For instance, I just got the Clarisonic Mia in the Sephora chic week sale, and it comes with a sensitive skin brush though they do make an ultra sensitive brush head. I found I can only use it at night because it makes my face red for a couple of hours. Although, when I wake up in the morning, my skin looks better than it would without the Mia.

Anyway, I bought some powder foundation from Meow Cosmetics which is made for sensitive skin. Sure it does not offer the best coverage (as it goes on pretty sheer and does not build much) but it doesn't seem to bother me. I also don't 'buff' it too much but rather I kind of glide it on with a very large powder brush. But as I wanted to find something more portable, I did purchase a pressed powder from Josie Maran, which works ok, but feels a bit heavy on my face. Then just yesterday I purchased the first liquid foundation I have tried in years--Urban Decay's Naked Skin in the shade 3.5. I like that it really does feel weightless, but it offers more coverage than either of my powders, for those days I need to look my best.

I have moved away from minerals in the area of blushes and I use mineral shadows only every now and then. Urban Decay is again my main shadow choice, with a few others like Tarina Tarantino, Lancome, Sephora, Tokidoki, etc. For blush, Tarte is my fave, along with sometimes using Benefit, MUFE, etc.

Should I have any concerns about anything I mentioned, due to my rosacea? I know my skin flushes easily. Just the friction of putting makeup on with my hands or with a brush is going to cause me to flush red a bit. But it usually fades quickly and the makeup helps cover it anyway. Still, I don't want to do something which will make my rosacea worse. Yikes! Thanks for mentioning all this Formosa. I might want to take my rosacea a little more seriously than I have.

The post says: 

wub.gif

oooooh, this would make me very happy, I adore Zoya! I just put in my order last night for the Earth Day sale, picked up three colors for friends and three for me. woot! I believe that code expires at midnight tonight, so you best be using it soon ladies!

It would be WONDERFUL if they gave us one of the pixie dusts in our bags... maybe from the summer line? eeeee! 
smilehappyyes.gif

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol. Thanks. It seemed to get a lot better after I put all my makeup on.

You should be an eye model!  They're so pretty!  At least the left one is LOL

Latest posts

Back