(Spoilers) April Ipsy bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Heather Hicks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmmm...This may make me rethink some things. I always thought mineral makeup was supposed to be more gentle. I do have sensitive skin. I burn easily. Very fair. And my cheeks stay red. When I went to the dermatologist on a separate issue, she mentioned I have some mild rosacea. For instance, I just got the Clarisonic Mia in the Sephora chic week sale, and it comes with a sensitive skin brush though they do make an ultra sensitive brush head. I found I can only use it at night because it makes my face red for a couple of hours. Although, when I wake up in the morning, my skin looks better than it would without the Mia.

Anyway, I bought some powder foundation from Meow Cosmetics which is made for sensitive skin. Sure it does not offer the best coverage (as it goes on pretty sheer and does not build much) but it doesn't seem to bother me. I also don't 'buff' it too much but rather I kind of glide it on with a very large powder brush. But as I wanted to find something more portable, I did purchase a pressed powder from Josie Maran, which works ok, but feels a bit heavy on my face. Then just yesterday I purchased the first liquid foundation I have tried in years--Urban Decay's Naked Skin in the shade 3.5. I like that it really does feel weightless, but it offers more coverage than either of my powders, for those days I need to look my best.

I have moved away from minerals in the area of blushes and I use mineral shadows only every now and then. Urban Decay is again my main shadow choice, with a few others like Tarina Tarantino, Lancome, Sephora, Tokidoki, etc. For blush, Tarte is my fave, along with sometimes using Benefit, MUFE, etc.

Should I have any concerns about anything I mentioned, due to my rosacea? I know my skin flushes easily. Just the friction of putting makeup on with my hands or with a brush is going to cause me to flush red a bit. But it usually fades quickly and the makeup helps cover it anyway. Still, I don't want to do something which will make my rosacea worse. Yikes! Thanks for mentioning all this Formosa. I might want to take my rosacea a little more seriously than I have.
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

I'd observe my skins reactions to different mineral mixes, try samples first.  Not all minerals have the same hardness or sharp edges when reduced to a base powder form the way mica has.  

Mica's made up of a a few different minerals but silicate is a large component, which is what sand is and when sand is melted down forms glass.

There are some minerals that are soft, for example graphite and it won't scratch you no matter what you do with it... so there very well may be a mix that won't hurt your rosacea, or a company that mills and tumbles their powder to silky perfection!!

I'm sorry but I do not have extensive knowledge on other minerals at this point...  I'm aware of mica because it has become the most common offender for me in skin care.   

If you've got a geologist friend have them read the mineral powder ingredients they can probably tell you which when milled might still retain jagged edges and cause abrasions on sensitive skin.  

Mica's natural structure is sheet-like and can be easily separated into little leaflets.  I suspect when it is milled it still breaks in a way that doesn't betray it's natural mineral structure so it could scratch.  It' really pretty though!!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahaha. But my eyelashes look better in the second one.
I think your eyes look great in both pics.

your lashes do look incredibly thick and full!  I was trying to see if you had tightlined but it doesn't look like it.  what mascara is it????

I go through with a coat of maybelline the rocket and then a coat of covergirl clump crusher. The rocket by itself flakes like crazy on me and the clump crusher isn't dramatic enough for me but together they're perfect..for me personally but I don't have terrible lashes naturally, on the last page the first set of pics are my natural lashes.

your lashes do look incredibly thick and full!  I was trying to see if you had tightlined but it doesn't look like it.  what mascara is it????

I go through with a coat of maybelline the rocket and then a coat of covergirl clump crusher. The rocket by itself flakes like crazy on me and the clump crusher isn't dramatic enough for me but together they're perfect..for me personally but I don't have terrible lashes naturally, on the last page the first set of pics are my natural lashes.
ooh i just opened a new maybelline rocket myself and really loving it!  it doesn't flake at all on me though.  weird how mascara acts differently on different people; i hear the Falsies gets really good reviews but THAT one flakes like crazy on me.  maybe I'll play around with layering....never tried that before!  thanks katlyne :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think your eyes look great in both pics.
Aww thank you. Tell me, what color are my eyes cuz my optometrist said I have blue eyes but I've never classified them as blue. Lol

No problemo :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I really hate that mascara is so subjective. So many people love lancome hypnose and it does NOTHING for me, literally nothing :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ooh i just opened a new maybelline rocket myself and really loving it!  it doesn't flake at all on me though.  weird how mascara acts differently on different people; i hear the Falsies gets really good reviews but THAT one flakes like crazy on me.  maybe I'll play around with layering....never tried that before!  thanks katlyne :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Aww thank you. Tell me, what color are my eyes cuz my optometrist said I have blue eyes but I've never classified them as blue. Lol
I they look blue green to me a very pretty color.

No problemo
smile.gif
I really hate that mascara is so subjective. So many people love lancome hypnose and it does NOTHING for me, literally nothing
frown.gif
Me too!  I really want to buy another Benefit They're Real, but I have so many other mascaras from subs that I can't justify spending the $.  Luckily the new Starlooks mascara is next in my rotation and a lot of ppl have compared it favorably to They're Real. 

Oh and by the way, your makeup look is gorgeous and so are you!

No problemo
smile.gif
I really hate that mascara is so subjective. So many people love lancome hypnose and it does NOTHING for me, literally nothing
frown.gif
I felt the same way about the Hypnose, I didn't get what all the fuss was about. The Definicils, however, is magical. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I felt the same way about the Hypnose, I didn't get what all the fuss was about. The Definicils, however, is magical. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Lol...I'm using Definicils now and I am not feeling it. Much prefer Benefit They're Real. I didn't like Hypnose either.

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you!  I've been meaning to try Zoya for a while.  I just placed an order.  I didn't realize the code was good all week.  
icon_cheesygrin.gif

ooh! I love the colors you chose! 
heart.gif

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"Fairy" is just their nickname for their employees. They've been using it for years.
Thank you for letting us know that!

So, I can't use MicaBeauty's "EARTH" however I can turn it into nail polish! In my case what I did was over a wet nail press (using an eyeshadow sponge applicator) the MicaBeauty shadow then sealed with a clear polish. Bad picture quality (it's like almost 1 AM here) but here's what it looks light under bad light conditions.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, I can't use MicaBeauty's "EARTH" however I can turn it into nail polish! In my case what I did was over a wet nail press (using an eyeshadow sponge applicator) the MicaBeauty shadow then sealed with a clear polish. Bad picture quality (it's like almost 1 AM here) but here's what it looks light under bad light conditions.
dang that is cool looking!  what color was the polish under the mica powder?

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Love it!

Hmmm...This may make me rethink some things. I always thought mineral makeup was supposed to be more gentle. I do have sensitive skin. I burn easily. Very fair. And my cheeks stay red. When I went to the dermatologist on a separate issue, she mentioned I have some mild rosacea... Should I have any concerns about anything I mentioned, due to my rosacea? I know my skin flushes easily. Just the friction of putting makeup on with my hands or with a brush is going to cause me to flush red a bit. But it usually fades quickly and the makeup helps cover it anyway. Still, I don't want to do something which will make my rosacea worse. Yikes! Thanks for mentioning all this Formosa. I might want to take my rosacea a little more seriously than I have.
I have really bad rosacea and I haven't noticed that it flares up any worse than usual using products with mica. I think everyone's skin is different though and I will definitely proceed with caution using makeup with this ingredient in the future. Thanks, FormosaHoney! Side note: Ladies with rosacea - what is your HG foundation? So far MAC studio fix is my favorite, but I like Missha BB Cream since it lasts all day too.

Back