(Spoilers) April Ipsy bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have a problem with the blush...it seems to be packed well enough, granted, I use a medium sized flat top brush and just have to touch it on the powder and tap the excess off(on the floor or something, not the pan), maybe its because I'm not swirling a brush around in it. I've never had to do that with a blush though. Lol
Most of my blush is still useable. I don't tap the excess off in the pan, my blush and brush generates a lot of loose powder for some reason, never had this problem with other blushes from Cover Girl to Nars, never seen a blush with so much loose powder.  

Got my bag! 

Contents:

Soy Renewal

Two Eyeshadow Duo

Sweet Cheeks Blush

Love at First Byte polish.

3/4 items that I was hoping for (I really wanted the other Sation polish color, especially since I snagged the Allure box yesterday and it is also supposed to have the Love at First Byte color too). At least it's a nice, subtle color for my girls and it dries fast! I just painted 20 little toes with it and they're happy as clams ;-)

Excited to try out the other products soon, I swatched the shadows and blush on my hand and they all look great with my skin tone so I'm excited. I have a ton of brown/gray neutral shadows so this will be fun to experiment with some pretty pink eye looks for spring :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by SarahAlly01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I'm going to order the Daily Palette from them because I just watched a video comparing it to the original Urban Decay Naked Palette and it's a really good dupe! I've never been able to afford the Naked palette and this is pretty close!
Thanks for the suggestion! I picked up and put back the Urban Decay Naked Palette several times when I was shopping at Sephora during Chic Week but just couldn't justify the cost even at 15% off, especially since I already have a zillion eye shadows. I bought the Mini Daily Palette. It was only $11.25 after the discount.

Originally Posted by nishino /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Another one here totally loving the blush.  I got it in Sweet Cheeks and was amazed at the deep pigmentation and blendability.  I just barely touched my brush onto the surface and the powder came loose.  So yeah, not great for travel, and I agree the packaging is very cheap, but the blush itself I love and would get other colors if I wasn't already full up with all my Tarte, Tarina Tarantino, Bobbi Brown,  and Benefit blushes.

I did notice the pore thing, but I take it that's due to the shimmer in the blush.  It wasn't enough to bother me too much though.
I guess I didn't realize that blush wasn't suppose to kind of come loose when you use it? Down Boy from theBalm does this, as well as my blush from IT Cosmetics. I think the only blush that I have that doesn't do this is Laura Geller, but that could be because it's baked. And the loose powder is slight so it doesn't bother me.  I received Sweet Cheeks also and love it!

Originally Posted by Roxane68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by nishino /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Another one here totally loving the blush.  I got it in Sweet Cheeks and was amazed at the deep pigmentation and blendability.  I just barely touched my brush onto the surface and the powder came loose.  So yeah, not great for travel, and I agree the packaging is very cheap, but the blush itself I love and would get other colors if I wasn't already full up with all my Tarte, Tarina Tarantino, Bobbi Brown,  and Benefit blushes.

I did notice the pore thing, but I take it that's due to the shimmer in the blush.  It wasn't enough to bother me too much though.
I guess I didn't realize that blush wasn't suppose to kind of come loose when you use it? Down Boy from theBalm does this, as well as my blush from IT Cosmetics. I think the only blush that I have that doesn't do this is Laura Geller, but that could be because it's baked. And the loose powder is slight so it doesn't bother me.  I received Sweet Cheeks also and love it!

I have Laura Geller, Stila, Benefit, pH formula, WnW, Shany, BH Cosmetics, Urban Decay, Napoleon Perdis and a ton more and none has the amount of fall out that Be A Bombshell does. It's like it's too dry even though it's silky and soft to the touch. Maybe it's too much talc, I don't know.

Originally Posted by Roxane68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know that it should or shouldn't....I mean it doesn't really bother me unless I need to travel with it.  The looseness of the powder is what makes it so blendable in my opinion.  To me it's not something to assign a "good" or "bad" value to.  I prefer that over a really hard blush that your brush can barely pick up any color from, that's for sure.

Oh my goodness! If any of you gals got the Mica shadow, try it over Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough As Taupe its sooo pretty. This morning I put the color tattoo mainly on the lid with a little smudging outside the crease, then put the shadow only on the lid and put a cream highlight on the browbone..or wherever I hadn't already put shadow.

Oh my goodness! If any of you gals got the Mica shadow, try it over Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough As Taupe its sooo pretty. This morning I put the color tattoo mainly on the lid with a little smudging outside the crease, then put the shadow only on the lid and put a cream highlight on the browbone..or wherever I hadn't already put shadow.
I have both of those items.  I will have to try that tomorrow.

I've been doing that too! Very happy to find a use for Tough a Taupe cause up till now I haven't been a huge fan. But that combo is fantastic :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by acostakk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been doing that too! Very happy to find a use for Tough a Taupe cause up till now I haven't been a huge fan. But that combo is fantastic
smile.gif
wow two of you have been doing this independently of one another....anyone have pictures?  should I run out to buy a Tough as Taupe???

wow two of you have been doing this independently of one another....anyone have pictures?  should I run out to buy a Tough as Taupe???
I'll take pictures tomorrow morning when I do it again :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I received the Two Cosmetics duo eyeshadow and it is really lovely over the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked In Pink.

Against my better judgement I used the MicaBeauty shadow today and some of it got onto my cheeks. Well needless to say I broke out into a rash where it touched my cheeks and my eyes are itching like crazy. I'm convinced it's the mica in their products and may be it's not milled enough. I don't know but I do know I don't have this problem with other mica products.

Oh my goodness 0.o I've never had an issue like that with makeup *knock on wood* do you think its like a personal allergy?

Against my better judgement I used the MicaBeauty shadow today and some of it got onto my cheeks. Well needless to say I broke out into a rash where it touched my cheeks and my eyes are itching like crazy. I'm convinced it's the mica in their products and may be it's not milled enough. I don't know but I do know I don't have this problem with other mica products.

I wanna see pics!
biggrin.gif

Most likely. A few years back, among my first posts here on MUT, I ranted about having an allergic reaction to the MicaBella makeup. I don't have a problem with other mica based makeup just MicaBella/MicaBeauty. I did notice when I went to use the shadow - and recall the MicaBella stuff - that it was very metallic and the stuff floats into the air. Since the first incident was a year or two ago and now this... I'll be passing on any more of their products. I haven't tried their eyeliner from a previous bag but think that will be safe compared to any of their mica products.

Oh my goodness 0.o I've never had an issue like that with makeup *knock on wood* do you think its like a personal allergy? Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh goodness. I wonder what's different about their mica and how it would cause a reaction?!

Most likely. A few years back, among my first posts here on MUT, I ranted about having an allergic reaction to the MicaBella makeup. I don't have a problem with other mica based makeup just MicaBella/MicaBeauty. I did notice when I went to use the shadow - and recall the MicaBella stuff - that it was very metallic and the stuff floats into the air. Since the first incident was a year or two ago and now this... I'll be passing on any more of their products. I haven't tried their eyeliner from a previous bag but think that will be safe compared to any of their mica products.

Oh goodness. I wonder what's different about their mica and how it would cause a reaction?!
Mica (Sericite) as a general rule is safe for the skin and usually will not cause any significant problems for women with normal complexions; however for those of us, like me, with sensitive, allergy prone skin issues, this ingredient can cause severe distress to the wearer. Mica is made from pulverized (crushed) rock which tends to have sharp microscopic edges causing micro-tears when buffed onto the skin. It can also cause further irritation to women with acne and rosacea making both of these conditions worsen. Certain coated Mica based products will wreak havoc on acne prone skin due to its' heavier consistency which requires more buffing onto the skin in order to disperse pigment and keep it from slipping into fine lines. It is this same action which forces the makeup into the pores which in turn can plug them and create an environment for more acne to grow. 

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

~ internet

ZoomButt.gif

Latest posts

Back