(Spoilers/Discussion) Bondi: August 2013 - Launch boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by alterkate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would be thrilled with any of these shades! I hope they don't send out any of the current shades from their site though. I *might* have gone a little crazy and already purchased almost all of them already.
The first box is a selection of shades from the current collection. They are calling it the "mystery box". The second box (unless they've changed plans) was supposed to be colors from the fall collection (which includes those collab shades), and then from then on it was supposed to be special box-only limited edition colors they wont be selling online.

It was hard to show restraint. In the end I only got 4 colors and 2 base/topcoats. I'm looking forward to their arrival. I'm most excited to try Tavern on the. My current mani is a mint color for Talia Joy Castellano so it might be a few days before I switch.

I know this information have been said and repeated but according to their recent post on FB update: (sorry I'm on mobile so I can't do the format copy/paste option) There are no spoilers for August. For September there will be some hints and spoilers :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> There are multi-month subscription options which will be available from Monday. We're not offering customizable options. If we were to offer this, we would need to increase the box price because of the additional man hours involved in producing custom boxes. Gift subscriptions will be available from September and there will be themes rolling out as the service develops. For now, we are keeping it super simple. Hope this helps xoxo

Originally Posted by MsMeesh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was hard to show restraint. In the end I only got 4 colors and 2 base/topcoats. I'm looking forward to their arrival. I'm most excited to try Tavern on the. My current mani is a mint color for Talia Joy Castellano so it might be a few days before I switch.
I bought Tavern on the as well!  I haven't tried it yet but I think it will be my next mani color! 

I've finally cut down to 2 subs.  And now, I'm moving in the wrong direction again.  So intrigued.

I'm getting the first box as a birthday present (It will be my birthday present TO ME!) and I'll continue with the subscription depending on color choice, how well the polish works on me (if it's my HG non-chipping formula, I'll keep it FOREVAH!) and how amazing the beauty product is.  

I don't think any of us NEED another beauty sub... lol.  But I'm thinking of dropping Starlooks.  I'm keeping them for August (because they do the birthday gift, of course!), and I'll pick between SL and Bondi for Sept.

Yup, that's my master plan.  I'll be sure to post a pic of me holding both boxes and wailing "BUT I DON'T WANNA CHOOSE!"

I can't wait either.  I wanted buy Blue Skies, The Limelight, and Strawberry Fields the other week, but since the first box is a mix of current colors I've had to hold off... and it.is.so.hard!  I'm hoping I get at least one of those colors in my box. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wonder if colors wil vary from box to box?

I am assuming they will, since Bondi is such a small company.

If so the trading is going to be insane!!!!

Originally Posted by normajean2008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't wait either.  I wanted buy Blue Skies, The Limelight, and Strawberry Fields the other week, but since the first box is a mix of current colors I've had to hold off... and it.is.so.hard!  I'm hoping I get at least one of those colors in my box. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I feel your pain! I have 6 Bondi colors already but I'm dying for Fuchsia-tastic, Teal Magnolia, Tavern on the, and Uptown Girl so I hope at least one (or more) of those is in my first box. 
smilehappyyes.gif

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*drooling* I'm not familiar with jelly nail polishes effect. Are they like top coat style or just give off the staining look?
Hi lexxies22, I didn't see an answer to your question, so I thought I'd give it a shot!

Jelly polishes have several different uses.  Because they're buildable, you can create a lighter or darker sheer color coat depending upon how many layers you use.  Or if you want to create an opaque effect, you can use four or five (ugh) coats--the upside of this is that jellies create very shiny opaque finishes.  Another possibility, because jellies are translucent, is to layer them over glitter or hexes, creating your own unique combination. (If you layer with your jelly, then glitter, and then the jelly again, it's called a jelly sandwich.)

I've read that jellies are clear nail polish with some pigment added, although not enough to make for an opaque layer.  That means that they are kind of like a top coat, but with color added.

I hope I didn't misunderstand your question and that this was helpful.  I don't really know much other than what I've read all over the internet.  Other people don't seem all that wild about jellies because they don't like visible nail line, but I really like having both sheerness and color at the same time.

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel your pain! I have 6 Bondi colors already but I'm dying for Fuchsia-tastic, Teal Magnolia, Tavern on the, and Uptown Girl so I hope at least one (or more) of those is in my first box. 
smilehappyyes.gif
I don't feel the need for another pink, but Teal Magnolia, Tavern on the, and Uptown Girl are definitely polishes I would love to own.  I also crave Midnight Mystery, Starry Night, The Limelight, and Blue Skies.  Just give me blue, purple/lavender, and green and I'll be thrilled!

Tavern on the is particularly gorgeous--I love the way it's not 100% blue.  That teal edge to it makes it really compelling to me.

I swear, this site makes me spend so much money.  I hadn't heard of Bondi before but their colors are gorgeous.  I'll probably get a three month sub just to check it out.  I just dropped Sample Society and mostly skip with Julep, so another sub would be great.  Has anyone used their base/top coat?  How did you like it?

Since Julep has been super disappointing lately, I just signed up for Bondi! Looking forward to the 22nd =)

Originally Posted by Glitterazzi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I swear, this site makes me spend so much money.  I hadn't heard of Bondi before but their colors are gorgeous.  I'll probably get a three month sub just to check it out.  I just dropped Sample Society and mostly skip with Julep, so another sub would be great.  Has anyone used their base/top coat?  How did you like it?
I use their I'm Vers base/top coat.  I LOVE it as a base coat.  No polish of any brand or color has stained my nails since using it, my nails quit splitting and flaking, and it keeps my polish on longer than any other brand I've tried.

I do NOT like it as a top coat.  It is shiny and dries fast, but even 2-3 days after application it gets pillow/sheet marks while I sleep.  I have no idea why or how that happens that much later.  That could just be me though.  It didn't chip however, lol. 

I don't have any Bondi nail polish, so I'm looking forward to my mystery box! The swatches of strawberry fields are so pretty, so I'd love to get it in my box.

Originally Posted by normajean2008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use their I'm Vers base/top coat.  I LOVE it as a base coat.  No polish of any brand or color has stained my nails since using it, my nails quit splitting and flaking, and it keeps my polish on longer than any other brand I've tried.

I do NOT like it as a top coat.  It is shiny and dries fast, but even 2-3 days after application it gets pillow/sheet marks while I sleep.  I have no idea why or how that happens that much later.  That could just be me though.  It didn't chip however, lol. 
This was my experience exactly. I live in a very hot and humid area, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Back