(Spoilers/Discussion) Bondi: August 2013 - Launch boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was my experience exactly. I live in a very hot and humid area, so maybe that has something to do with it.
That's so odd. I love I'm Vers as a topcoat as well as basecoat. Love the high gloss finish and have never have a problem with it not hardening completely. I live in a dry climate, so I wonder if humidity really is the culprit.

Originally Posted by PsyDivaES /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MoiSurtout /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This was my experience exactly. I live in a very hot and humid area, so maybe that has something to do with it.
That's so odd. I love I'm Vers as a topcoat as well as basecoat. Love the high gloss finish and have never have a problem with it not hardening completely. I live in a dry climate, so I wonder if humidity really is the culprit.

I just checked the weather and it's 82% humidity here. It seems to never quite harden up.

I just checked the weather and it's 82% humidity here. It seems to never quite harden up.
That's good to know. I lived in southern CA which is always dry and never had any issues with top coats of all brands. I don't have I'm Vers. I recently relocated to northern Ca and I'm finding myself issues with drying time that humidity is a factor. It's more moist here. Can't wait to move back soon!

Nail polish is essentially another type of paint and application can be affected by heat and humidity. Random fact: Seche top coat smells exactly the same as Testors model paint. (Yes I am a geek and paint models as well as my nails)

I live in Florida so it is super humid here too and I had a problem with sheet marks too when I used their topcoat. I assume it was just the topcoat and not the actual polish because I went back over with a Revlon topcoat the next day and didn't have any more sheet mark issues.

Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nail polish is essentially another type of paint and application can be affected by heat and humidity.

Random fact: Seche top coat smells exactly the same as Testors model paint. (Yes I am a geek and paint models as well as my nails)
My daughter-in-law swears Seche smells like the coating used in car paint shops! Whatever it is, it works great for me, both the base and the top coat.

Thanks to all the other co-Julep posters who convinced me with their vehement admiration for Bondi to join this group and sign up for the subscription box! So my first mystery box will truly be all original colors for me! This means you expecially, Lexxie! Thanks so much for spending the money I saved when I cancelled my Ipsy and Birchbox subs this month!
icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm around the house a lot these days because of some health issues. I lost about 20 pounds over the last month but I wasn't trying. I know it sounds good but when you don't know why it makes the doctors nervous. . So I'm enjoying Julip and hope to enjoy Bondi. Every doctors co-pay that I can avoid counts as a subscription box month. At least that's how I look at it.

I'm around the house a lot these days because of some health issues. I lost about 20 pounds over the last month but I wasn't trying. I know it sounds good but when you don't know why it makes the doctors nervous. . So I'm enjoying Julip and hope to enjoy Bondi. Every doctors co-pay that I can avoid counts as a subscription box month. At least that's how I look at it.
I hope you enjoy your nail polish! And that there are less co-pays! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by swimsalot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good luck with your health!  I've had serious problems with my health for about a decade, and the worst part is not knowing what the problem is.  I finally started to figure it out two years ago, and that makes all the difference because then you can treat it and there's hope of getting better.  Anyway, I'm very sorry for you that you're going through this and I wish you all the best! 

You're completely right to enjoy nail polish at this time: every little bit of pleasure that you can find for yourself is not only a distraction from your worries; it's also straightforwardly good for your health!

Hey, swimsalot! I have a lot of health issues, too, so I understand. Hope they find the cause of your weight loss...meanwhile, the nail care routine I started in April is truly like mental therapy for me! I savor each Julep box I get and treat it as a luxurious experience to nurture myself. I hope to feel the same way with Bondi! 

Originally Posted by greatbleuheron /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good luck with your health!  I've had serious problems with my health for about a decade, and the worst part is not knowing what the problem is.  I finally started to figure it out two years ago, and that makes all the difference because then you can treat it and there's hope of getting better.  Anyway, I'm very sorry for you that you're going through this and I wish you all the best! 

You're completely right to enjoy nail polish at this time: every little bit of pleasure that you can find for yourself is not only a distraction from your worries; it's also straightforwardly good for your health!
The greatbleuheron is absolutely right! Always find ways to decompress, de-stress and enjoy life...and if subs makes you happy, go for it! For a few years I battled my auto-immune disease and staying happy and not stressing was the key to finally getting it under control and into remission
smile.gif
Hope you get to feeling better and get some answers soon, swimsalot!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The greatbleuheron is absolutely right! Always find ways to decompress, de-stress and enjoy life...and if subs makes you happy, go for it! For a few years I battled my auto-immune disease and staying happy and not stressing was the key to finally getting it under control and into remission
smile.gif
Hope you get to feeling better and get some answers soon, swimsalot!
Woot, autoimmune disease club! 

CheshireCookie, I bet you and I could talk each other's ears off about dealing with anti-nuclear antibodies and all of their happy (not) consequences.  Good for you for finding solutions and going into full bore REMISSION.  I'm not there yet, but I'm doing everything I can think of and it is helping.  You're an inspiration to me--my rheumatologist told me that once you're sick with an autoimmune disease, you always will be, and I *refuse to accept that*.  So you are the example that I'll bear in mind whenever I worry that I'm just being delusional!

Originally Posted by greatbleuheron /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Woot, autoimmune disease club! 

CheshireCookie, I bet you and I could talk each other's ears off about dealing with anti-nuclear antibodies and all of their happy (not) consequences.  Good for you for finding solutions and going into full bore REMISSION.  I'm not there yet, but I'm doing everything I can think of and it is helping.  You're an inspiration to me--my rheumatologist told me that once you're sick with an autoimmune disease, you always will be, and I *refuse to accept that*.  So you are the example that I'll bear in mind whenever I worry that I'm just being delusional!
biggrin.gif
o lordy, yes, antibodies....blegh...I've heard quite enough about those little suckers lol I didn't listen to my endocrinologist at all, he thought I was nuts, then one day after a few years of having to readjust my life, detox the stress and just...well...be HAPPY...I took a blood test and things were normal. He was shocked, seriously, he didn't know what to say. Ever since then (about a year ago), my tests have all been pretty much normal and I intent to keep them that way!

Let me just say that this Bondi box is DEFINITELY going to be an awesome highlight of my month of August! Can't wait!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

biggrin.gif
o lordy, yes, antibodies....blegh...I've heard quite enough about those little suckers lol I didn't listen to my endocrinologist at all, he thought I was nuts, then one day after a few years of having to readjust my life, detox the stress and just...well...be HAPPY...I took a blood test and things were normal. He was shocked, seriously, he didn't know what to say. Ever since then (about a year ago), my tests have all been pretty much normal and I intent to keep them that way!

Let me just say that this Bondi box is DEFINITELY going to be an awesome highlight of my month of August! Can't wait!
I love your story!  Seriously!  Thanks for sharing your experience.  I could get all ranty--I'll try to hold back and be only slightly ranty instead--but doctors just do not understand autoimmune disease, and it forces the patient to figure out a lot of things for herself.  Congratulations for taking care of yourself and getting such an amazing result.  I hope you feel not only healthy but also damned proud of yourself.

Yep--looking forward to Bondi!  Come to me, sweet Tavern on the.

Originally Posted by swimsalot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely hoping for fewer copays and MORE boxes for you!  (And that you get some answers soon!  20 lbs in a month without even trying is not good!) 
hug.gif

Thanks so much for your good wishes and your empathy. To all those who have medical issues, I wish you well and to everyone else I wish you well. I really think it is the little things in life that matter. And sometimes good wishes and a little kindness can make all the difference. Some fabulous new polish never hurt either. Take care all. Here's to he Bondi box.

Today's the day!!!! Can't wait to confirm my subscription. But was just reading on the Bondi FB page that when you do the follow through this evening, you will be charged when you complete it. I can't afford Julep with the Champagne add-on AND Bondi sub in the same week. So HOPING that the Bondi boxes will still be available after this week....

Did you all go to Bondi FB page over the weekend and play the naming game? I LOVED that! So many great choices were offered!

Back