(Spoilers/Discussion) Bondi: August 2013 - Launch boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I vote black!  I have 2 black dogs (a lab and a mastiff mix) so needless to say, much of my closet (and furniture and bedding) is black
smile.gif
  Anything white doesn't last long in my house!

YAY! I can finally celebrate and move to the September thread! On Friday, my August box arrived, but I didn't get everything until today. And then today, the rest of my order arrived too! So from the box I got:

City Slicker

Strawberry Fields - more orange than I thought

Fuchsia-istic

I'm Vers (as the makeup item bonus)

And I also got my order of:

Chasing the Sun

Brick Road

Fool's

The Limelight

Lady Liberty

Teal Magnolia

Tavern on the

NYPD

Blue Skies

Uptown Girl

Top of the Rock

Botanical Beauty

Central Park Blossom

2x I'm Vers - I've been hoping I really like it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And now having seen the more recent swatches of the three I didn't get: Horny Mistress, Midnight Mystery, and Starry Night, well, it figures those are ones that aren't on sale. ;P  Yes - there's a sale on the site! So those who wished for Strawberry Fields - it is on sale!

Anyway - I've done a bit of experimenting with City Slicker and I'm Vers (as a base for a nail art experiment), and I'll try to put that on the September thread! I look forward to trying all of them!

Someone please help!!!  I got my first Bondi subscription box.  Brick Road, Fuschia-istic, I'm Vers, and City Slicker.  Unwrapped the first two and fell completely in love with the colors.  Picked up the second two and the bottom of City Slicker came falling out of the bubble wrap all over everything, including our 10 foot dining table.  It looks to have broken of from the top.  I don't know how because I didn't even get a chance to start getting the bubble wrap off of it.  Went to clean up everything on the table with soap and water and the nail polish ate through the clear coat of the stain on the top of our table.  Who do I need to contact?   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by thebeverley3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Someone please help!!!  I got my first Bondi subscription box.  Brick Road, Fuschia-istic, I'm Vers, and City Slicker.  Unwrapped the first two and fell completely in love with the colors.  Picked up the second two and the bottom of City Slicker came falling out of the bubble wrap all over everything, including our 10 foot dining table.  It looks to have broken of from the top.  I don't know how because I didn't even get a chance to start getting the bubble wrap off of it.  Went to clean up everything on the table with soap and water and the nail polish ate through the clear coat of the stain on the top of our table.  Who do I need to contact?   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I am so very sorry to hear that this has happened to you. Please email me so that I may take care of this for you - [email protected]

Oh no! I had this happen with a Zoya. Luckily it just damaged my crappy wood desk. Since then I always open polish packages over something I don't mid getting polish on. Paper towel etc.

Hi! I wasn't sure if Angie had a chance to post here but she wanted me to relay her message onto this post to let you guys know: 

Hi! Please let everyone know I spent the weekend in the hospital with BP issues. They kicked the can down the road back to the cardiiologist, so I am still in same shape. I will try to start posting regularly at some point today or tomorrow. Miss you all!

I have never had it happen to me before and had no clue it would damage wood, but I just looked and it just ate through the wood on one of the middle leafs so it will not be as hard to refinish.  I am 30 years old and had to have a double mastectomy at the beginning of the year.  Went through over six months of tissue expanders and finally reconstruction 2 months ago.  I had to go to my plastic surgeon's office this morning because of complications and now I am facing a 4th surgery.  Nail polish just makes me feel pretty... like a girl!!!  I just want to sit down and cry after the day that I have had, but I am going to paint my nails with Brick Road and Fuschia-istic and smile!!!  What beautiful colors.

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi! I wasn't sure if Angie had a chance to post here but she wanted me to relay her message onto this post to let you guys know: 

Hi! Please let everyone know I spent the weekend in the hospital with BP issues. They kicked the can down the road back to the cardiiologist, so I am still in same shape. I will try to start posting regularly at some point today or tomorrow. Miss you all!
Thanks for letting us know. I hope she gets better! Please let her know she has lots of people thinking positive thoughts for her!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Black please! And if you are going to do women fit please, please, PLEASE have decent plus sizes. I cannot even begin to stress how annoying it is to fall in love with women fit shirts only to have it go up to Large and the Large fits like a Small-Medium. Us curvy gals need some love! lol
I have decided that "L" in women's tee shirts no longer stands for large. It stand for "long" and XL = extra long. They don't seem to get any wider, just longer and longer. I need a 2XL in most "girly" tees and I'm only a size 14. 
icon_rolleyes.gif

Thank you for updating us! Sending positive vibes and I hope all turns out well for our dear Angi! 
heart.gif

Hi! I wasn't sure if Angie had a chance to post here but she wanted me to relay her message onto this post to let you guys know:    Hi! Please let everyone know I spent the weekend in the hospital with BP issues. They kicked the can down the road back to the cardiiologist, so I am still in same shape. I will try to start posting regularly at some point today or tomorrow. Miss you all!
Feel better, Angie!

I have never had it happen to me before and had no clue it would damage wood, but I just looked and it just ate through the wood on one of the middle leafs so it will not be as hard to refinish.  I am 30 years old and had to have a double mastectomy at the beginning of the year.  Went through over six months of tissue expanders and finally reconstruction 2 months ago.  I had to go to my plastic surgeon's office this morning because of complications and now I am facing a 4th surgery.  Nail polish just makes me feel pretty... like a girl!!!  I just want to sit down and cry after the day that I have had, but I am going to paint my nails with Brick Road and Fuschia-istic and smile!!!  What beautiful colors.
I learned about the dissolving properties of nail polish and remover when I was a teen and wrecked a plastic toilet seat cover! That was difficult as I had to answer to my parents as well as myself. So give yourself a break - it's just a table, after all - and have lots of fun with the polishes! If I had those colours to focus on, I would consider copying
icon_redface.gif
the gorgeous mani by lissa1307; I look forward to seeing your creation too. Makeup is fun - I totally use it to feel better despite health challenges. I hope it's a good distraction for you today.
hug.gif

Keeping you in my thoughts today, Angie!
heart.gif

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have decided that "L" in women's tee shirts no longer stands for large. It stand for "long" and XL = extra long. They don't seem to get any wider, just longer and longer. I need a 2XL in most "girly" tees and I'm only a size 14. 
icon_rolleyes.gif
THIS. Also, the huge ridiculous jump between a regular Misses XL and any Plus sizes. I'm that weird in between, so it's downright impossible to find shirts that fit well. I'm a curvy hourglass so I prefer the way Plus sizes fit in the hips and waist, but then the swoop in the neck is HUGE and baggy and the sleeves are huge and baggy (and short which is bizarre). If I find something that fits my chest, neck and arms better, it's too tight in the waist/hips??? So confusing lol My ideal tops are V-necks or small swoop necks, with 3/4 sleeves and a handkerchief bottom....few and far between! I always give up with t-shirts and end up not being able to buy women's fit because they just don't look right. My poor curves, they want to be loved, truly they do!
smileno.gif

Edit - Oh! and I have a super short torso even though I'm 6' tall...legs for days! I could technically wear petite sized blouses! and yes, I've looked my parents in the eyes and said: ::sigh:: what EXACTLY were you thinking???
laughno.gif
5'10" and 6'9"!

Wow, that's a challenging day!  Good for you for taking care of yourself, both with surgery/reconstruction and with nail polish.  

I hope you end up getting a happy buzz from your new manicure!

Just getting caught up a little. Thanks for your healing thoughts. Still no answers. Cardiologist appt. again tomorrow, plus a podiatrist appt. thrown in for good meausre. Still feel lousy. BUT I did notice the discontinued colors on FB this afternoon and ordered two of the ones I don't have yet, plus one more that's not being discontinued. 3 more to go! Loved the polka dot mani; oops, sorry about the City Slicker mess, I, too, use nail polish to cheer me up from health issues. I am opposite most of you on the t-shirt - I have two Jack Russells and if it's not white, it gets coated at our house! But I couldn't live without Hallie Hope, 8, and Georgia Mae, 4 (full-blooded sisters from the same mother and father) and the loves of all of our lives! Both very different though. Still anxiously awaiting September Bondi! Can't wait to see what Richard and team have developed for us!

Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just getting caught up a little. Thanks for your healing thoughts. Still no answers. Cardiologist appt. again tomorrow, plus a podiatrist appt. thrown in for good meausre. Still feel lousy. BUT I did notice the discontinued colors on FB this afternoon and ordered two of the ones I don't have yet, plus one more that's not being discontinued. 3 more to go! Loved the polka dot mani; oops, sorry about the City Slicker mess, I, too, use nail polish to cheer me up from health issues. I am opposite most of you on the t-shirt - I have two Jack Russells and if it's not white, it gets coated at our house! But I couldn't live without Hallie Hope, 8, and Georgia Mae, 4 (full-blooded sisters from the same mother and father) and the loves of all of our lives! Both very different though. Still anxiously awaiting September Bondi! Can't wait to see what Richard and team have developed for us!
Thoughts and prayers being sent your way!!!  Which colors did you order?  I know I am getting The Limelight and Top of the Rock, but cannot decide between Lady Liberty, Blue Skies, or Chasing the Sun.  Too many choices!!!  I have to have Teal Magnolia.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box today! Yays!!

i got  Fuschia-istic, Brick Road, and City Slicker(being traded for Botanical Beauty) and i got the lip gloss palette...love the colors.

the first mani in what i'm sure will be a very long love affair with Bondi polishes...

How do I do this amazing manicure???  Love the stripes and polka dots!!!

Hi all!  I've been lurking for a while now and decided it's time to jump in.  I subscribed to Bondi and have been following the threads.  My sub box (and the extra box I ordered) didn't update beyond electronic notification sent and never arrived and never arrived.  It was killing me to see all of the beautiful colors everyone was receiving!

Richard was amazing and I felt confident that everything would be taken care of.  The Tuesday deadline he mentioned went by and still no polishes so same day he started a new shipment!  Of course late Wed I received notification that my original boxes were in CO and on their way.  I finally got them this past Sat and  totally in love!  Gorgeous colors, beautiful application (got horny mistress, uptown girl and teal magnolia in both boxes).

I'm so happy that I can finally participate and can't wait for more, more, more!

Thanks so much to Richard and the team for totally being on top of everything and creating a great product

Originally Posted by Tany /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi all!  I've been lurking for a while now and decided it's time to jump in.  I subscribed to Bondi and have been following the threads.  My sub box (and the extra box I ordered) didn't update beyond electronic notification sent and never arrived and never arrived.  It was killing me to see all of the beautiful colors everyone was receiving!

Richard was amazing and I felt confident that everything would be taken care of.  The Tuesday deadline he mentioned went by and still no polishes so same day he started a new shipment!  Of course late Wed I received notification that my original boxes were in CO and on their way.  I finally got them this past Sat and  totally in love!  Gorgeous colors, beautiful application (got horny mistress, uptown girl and teal magnolia in both boxes).

I'm so happy that I can finally participate and can't wait for more, more, more!

Thanks so much to Richard and the team for totally being on top of everything and creating a great product
Welcome to MUT! It's always a pleasure to hear another example of Richard and Team Bondi's amazing customer service! 
smilehappyyes.gif

You may have noticed that we are pretty rabid fans of Bondi New York! We have already started wishing, dreaming, and speculating about what September's boxes may hold. You can join us here:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/137268/bondi-september-2013-spoilers

icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the same skin samples. Have you tried them? I've fallen hard for Suki. I use the butter cream salve on my hands at night and it makes them feel so good. The smell is kinda strong for me, but I love the results. Also, the exfoliating foaming cleanser is amazing.
So far, I've only used the cleansing clay and it's AMAZING. It really cleans without leaving my skin tight and dry, and It helps A LOT with break outs. I'll be trying the cream and exfoliating cleanser next! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Great box! And amazing luck on the Suki combo matching your skin type!
Thank you! I know, right? And so far the products are AMAZING.

Latest posts

Back