(Spoilers/Discussion) Bondi: September 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG, SCOOBS! That is fantastic! I can never work out my stamping stuff lol, my stamper doesn't particularly like me
laughing.gif

It must be Bondi mani day! I finally did my own! I used the colors I received in my August box - Teal Magnolia, Top of the Rock and Botanical Beauty

The formulas were awesome! I only needed two coats for the base colors and one coat for the tips. I used I'm Vers for both the base and top coat. I positively LOVE it as a top coat, it's not thick and difficult to spread, it just naturally evens itself out and glides over the nail like buttah!
wub.gif
I'm impressed by the success of this combination. It looks great!

Kinda sad. I painted my nails with Central Park Blossom last night and it took 6 coats. There are still streaks if you look closely but I gave up. Went to bed an hour and a half later and woke up with smudges. I didn't use a top coat because I wanted to add nail art tonight. I love the color but I'm bummed its so streaky and slow to dry. I might re-do them tonight and start with a coat of white underneath.

Kinda sad. I painted my nails with Central Park Blossom last night and it took 6 coats. There are still streaks if you look closely but I gave up. Went to bed an hour and a half later and woke up with smudges. I didn't use a top coat because I wanted to add nail art tonight. I love the color but I'm bummed its so streaky and slow to dry. I might re-do them tonight and start with a coat of white underneath.
I can't remember if it was Angi who recommended or someone else on this post. She said using matte topcoat in between layers may help with streaks/drying? Don't you have a basecoat?

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't remember if it was Angi who recommended or someone else on this post. She said using matte topcoat in between layers may help with streaks/drying? Don't you have a basecoat?
Oo I must have missed that, but that sounds like a great idea - thanks!  I used my Nailtiques basecoat.  I'm going to re-do and try the matte layer in between coats tonight.  It seemed like it was so streaky because the brush was just pulling all the polish back off, so I think the matte layer would give it something to stick to.

I really do love the color so it's worth a few more shots.  Its the perfect nude for pale skin (has a slight pinkish undertone).

Oo I must have missed that, but that sounds like a great idea - thanks!  I used my Nailtiques basecoat.  I'm going to re-do and try the matte layer in between coats tonight.  It seemed like it was so streaky because the brush was just pulling all the polish back off, so I think the matte layer would give it something to stick to. I really do love the color so it's worth a few more shots.  Its the perfect nude for pale skin (has a slight pinkish undertone).
Me too I love that color, too. Let me know how it works out. I haven't been able do my nails for a while. Toddler is still home for summer until one more week, she's off to pre-k!

Richard: my replacement Uptown Girl arrived this morning! Lightning Fast!

Thanks for your continued awesome customer service!

- Bondi Girl Melissa

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

DANG IT BONDI. (From their FB page)

Bondi New York
SALE NOW ON! We're making way for our Fall collection, so grab your favorite colors before they are gone!
Sale | Bondi New York
www.bondinewyork.com Bondi New York is a five free, fashion forward nail polish brand.

Like Â·  Â· Share Â· 321 Â· 20 minutes ago Â·  Yeah, and I already discovered that the discount codes that they "stamped" on the invoices in my most recent orders from them work on these sale items too!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

DANG IT BONDI. (From their FB page)

Bondi New York
SALE NOW ON! We're making way for our Fall collection, so grab your favorite colors before they are gone!
Sale | Bondi New York
www.bondinewyork.com Bondi New York is a five free, fashion forward nail polish brand.

Like Â·  Â· Share Â· 321 Â· 20 minutes ago Â·  FYI I chatted with the lovely Leann & the sale is all week!

My wallet hates me a tiny bit, but my nails are going to be SO PRETTY.
biggrin.gif

ACK!!! i saw the sale too...breath melissa...breathe...sale is all week and you get paid wednesday.....must buy all the pretties before they go away.....

Nail polish will be the death of me! I am thinking logically I do not need ANY more polish. But I have already lost my mind to polish so I just may have to order, lol.

Did they send out the 25% discount code? I didn't get it or I accidentally through it out.

Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boo! I can't use the $10 USPS code with this
frown.gif
Originally Posted by Jac13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did they send out the 25% discount code? I didn't get it or I accidentally through it out.
Richard posted on Facebook you can stack with the 25% off code - BONDIAUGUST25.  I tried it and it works.

Boo! I can't use the $10 USPS code with this :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Richard posted on Facebook you can stack with the 25% off code - BONDIAUGUST25.  I tried it and it works.
Oh! I forgot about that one! Awesome! Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Lolo22!

Unfortunately the formula for Central Park Blossom is quite thin, so it may take a few coats to get it right. I recommend starting the first coat as a base to just cover the entire nail, and wait for it to fully dry. The key is to allow each coat to dry completely before you apply the next one, so it does not become goopy & thick. This will help with streaks, and hopefully get your nails covered nicely with just 3 coats. Be sure to roll the polish between your palms instead of shaking, as this can cause thickness, and then wait about 15 minutes before you apply. As always use a top and base coat for the best wear :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hope this helps!

-Leann 

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love everyone's Bondi polishes & mani's- absolutely beautiful!!! I've been stalking the Bondi forums & I think I'm ready to drink Richards kool aid- what an inspiring CEO- I've never experienced wanting to buy a product because of the amazing customer service... Maybe it has something to do with the handsome Brit too
LOL thank you Shauna for the kind words, I can see Richard blushing in the corner of the room! If you ever have any questions about the polish since you are new to the brand, do not hesitate to contact us here, live chat, email, FB, etc :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

XOXO

Leann

Originally Posted by skylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So if I remember correctly, if we signed up for a monthly sub, we were billed when we signed up, but after that we are to be billed at the beginning of the month. Is that right ?

Also September is my birthday month, so I'm super pumped about the prospect of fun greens and coppers
Hi Skylite, 

Thanks for the question! You are billed once on the day you sign up, and then after that your bill will come on the last working day of the month, each bill being 30 days apart. Hope this helps you! Oh, and Happy Birthday! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

XOXO

Leann

Weeeeeeeee!!!

I just ordered Fuchsia-istic, Lady Liberty, and Strawberry Fields for my best friend. I'm making her a jumbo beauty box for her birthday. She lives in Ecuador so she doesn't have access to a lot of her favorite brands these days but she'll be here for 6 weeks in October - December. I'm so excited for her to try Bondi! 
yey.gif

Latest posts

Back