(Spoilers/Discussion) Bondi: September 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by bondinewyork /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Angi, it's another crazy British TV show that has been around longer than my 35 years LOL
I used to love watching Two Fat Ladies on one of the cooking channels years ago. I haven't been exposed to that much of the British, although I did my Senior Year term paper on Princess Diana, who had not yet delivered Prince William, from the viewpoint of how every little girl's dream of marrying a prince was so much different in reality.

I LOVE Two Fat Ladies!  I used to watch reruns with my cousin when I was little, and we would just giggle.  So much butter was sacrificed in the making of that show!  

Also, I really hope that they figure out some answers for you soon!  That tilt test sounds crazy!  I'm in with the low-pressure club, but mine's not enough to cause any issues, except that I pass out every time I get blood drawn.  So much fun.

Originally Posted by bondinewyork /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Angi, it's another crazy British TV show that has been around longer than my 35 years LOL
I'm also a 1978 vintage.

I'd love to see red for fall, oxblood and red wine shades.

Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They do not know what causes my low pressure.  I've had it ever since I can remember.  I passed out twice while I was pregnant with my  daughter because it was so low, and that was 16 years ago.  Now I just know when I am feeling lightheaded I need to take it easy and stay seated.  Mine is usually right under normal, but the last time I was at the doctor it was 82/48.  It is worse right after I eat, which the doctor says is normal.  They don't really do anything to treat it. I just know the last week or so it has been worse because I've been feeling lightheaded almost everyday.  I'm not overly concerned yet, but if it persists I'll see my doctor.  

I hope they figure what out what is happening to you Angi.  I know it's worse not knowing what is wrong.  I always feel like if they tell me what is wrong then I will know what I need to do, but not knowing, I just feel so uncertain almost helpless because I don't know what to do, how to make it better, or what I should be doing.  
Under the supervision of your doctor, you can try many things that might help. This is a list from WebMD:

• Eat a diet higher in salt.
  • Drink lots of nonalcoholic fluids
  • Limit alcoholic beverages.
  • Drink more fluids during hot weather and while sick with a viral illness, such as a cold or the flu.
  • Have your doctor evaluate your prescription and over-the-counter medications to see if any of them are causing your symptoms.
  • Get regular exercise to promote blood flow.
  • Be careful when rising from lying down or sitting. To help improve circulation, pump your feet and ankles a few times before standing up. Then proceed slowly. When getting out of bed, sit upright on the edge of the bed for a few minutes before standing.
  • Elevate the head of your bed at night by placing bricks or blocks under the head of bed.
  • Avoid heavy lifting.
  • Avoid straining while on the toilet.
  • Avoid prolonged exposure to hot water, such as hot showers and spas. If you get dizzy, sit down. It may be helpful to keep a chair or stool in the shower in case you need to sit; to help prevent injury, use a nonslip chair or stool designed for use in showers and bath tubs.
  • To avoid problems with low blood pressure and lessen episodes of dizziness after meals, try eating smaller, more frequent meals. Cut back on carbohydrates. Rest after eating. Avoid taking drugs to lower blood pressure before meals.
  • If needed, use elastic support (compression) stockings that cover the calf and thigh. These may help restrict blood flow to the legs, thus keeping more blood in the upper body.

There are also medications that are used in serious circumstances. In itself low blood pressure is not a big problem (as my doc tells me), but if your doctor hasn't investigated to make sure there isn't an insidious cause or if it's causing you to fall and injure yourself or pass out unpredictably, it can be very serious. Good luck with it. You are not helpless. Talk with your doc about this list, and if s/he gives you carte blanche, find what helps!

icon_redface.gif
I guess this is us waiting for our September colours. Passing the time, off-topic. But that certainly doesn't bother me - it's nice to share knowledge and experience and vent. I'm just also waiting for my August boxes... Yes I ordered later than many of you. Yes USPS messed up. Yes Richard has followed up. But I'm still waiting... So on we go with our distraction tactics.

Anyone with some new SUMMER BONDI MANICURES to show off? I'm a beginner on nail art, so I'm really happy to see anything, including a nice mani within the bounds of the nail!
claps.gif
For me that's still a victory.

I've yet to see: *** a mani with all of the colours < a challenge for those super collectors??, more than one *** water marble, and more than one *** gradient. I have to figure out what to do when mine finally arrive here!

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Was on the Bondi website today getting the web address for my blog post and while on the web site went on the "where to buy" tab.  Not one but 2 Bondi stores are opening near me!  Squee!  One is at my favorite mall!  

One is a mall about 30 minutes away, but I do go there upon occassion (it is the only indoor mall around me, and after shopping outdoor malls for 7 years now, being in big echo-y closed malls is weirdly claustrophobic to me, I know firstworld problems)!

I wonder if we will be able to swatch in store.  I wonder if I need a part time job, to give back to Bondi.  hmm decisions, decisions!
Also being a SoCal girl, I had to go look at what you were referring to.  Bondi is coming to La Jolla!  I can barely contain my excitement.  I'm actually about 45 mins away, but will ABSOLUTELY be making some trips (maybe after work since it's only about 20 mins from there).   Not a big drinker, but could definitely go for a Bondi Happy Hour after a long week at work
patches.gif

Originally Posted by chelsealady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm a sucker for blue polish so this would be high on my list.
I think I've become one too! Any tips on what you do with the darker blue staining ones?

I know so exciting!  I live in Clairemont so La Jolla is super close!  They are also putting one in the mall in Escondido!

Also not sure if you subscribe to any other sub boxes but if you like makeup/beauty stuff and wine and socializing you should check out our local meet up group!

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/134646/san-diego-meetup-pic-updated#post_2100789

And welcome to MUT!

Originally Posted by PsyDivaES /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also being a SoCal girl, I had to go look at what you were referring to.  Bondi is coming to La Jolla!  I can barely contain my excitement.  I'm actually about 45 mins away, but will ABSOLUTELY be making some trips (maybe after work since it's only about 20 mins from there).   Not a big drinker, but could definitely go for a Bondi Happy Hour after a long week at work
patches.gif

Originally Posted by Monika1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone with some new SUMMER BONDI MANICURES to show off? I'm a beginner on nail art, so I'm really happy to see anything, including a nice mani within the bounds of the nail!
claps.gif
For me that's still a victory.
cross-posting!

I think I've become one too! Any tips on what you do with the darker blue staining ones?
I had Julep Marion stain my nails. After removal I went to the pool and then showered, which took care of it.

So if I remember correctly, if we signed up for a monthly sub, we were billed when we signed up, but after that we are to be billed at the beginning of the month. Is that right ? Also September is my birthday month, so I'm super pumped about the prospect of fun greens and coppers

Originally Posted by autopilot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

cross-posting!

Ooooh, so pretty!  Which color is that?  Is it Blue Skies?  My Blue Skies looks lighter/dustier in the bottle, but that's my best color guess.  This looks so good that I want to try it!

Originally Posted by greatbleuheron /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooooh, so pretty!  Which color is that?  Is it Blue Skies?  My Blue Skies looks lighter/dustier in the bottle, but that's my best color guess.  This looks so good that I want to try it!
Yes! Blue Skies on one half and Lady Liberty on the other.

Thank you!

I could not BELIEVE the support and love and helpful suggestions that you ALL posted just for ME. I feel like Sally Field saying, "You like me, You REALLY like me!" (but I'm guessing most of you are too young to remember that, LOL! Seriously, you have made me feel so supported in this latest medical journey of mine. Seems like every decade it's something new to explore ... from diabetes to spinal fusion to heart disease (and not forgetting the lungs, scarred from YEARS of smoking but smoke-free since 1998). I saw lots of great tips. I am one of those rare people who really does not add salt to my food, so I am thinking I will give that a try. Also, no one has tested my adrenal glands but my brother has an adrenal disease, so that is a definite possibility. One of the heart meds has to have pre-approval from the insurance company, so I am still waiting on that. The cardiologist is sending samples to tide me over. But thank you ALL for the concern and care you have shown here. I'm so glad I found you and nail polish addiction is one of the things that I really enjoy [n life right now! 

Originally Posted by greatbleuheron /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good luck with the upcoming medical appointments and with figuring out the cause of your unstable BP so you can treat it.  We are definitely sending you lots of good thoughts and prayers!  
thumbsup2.gif

Angie I have problems with low blood pressure too. I hope they figure out what is causing yours.
Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope all goes well!

Just letting you know I'm thinking of you and wishing you the best in terms of sorting this out! I know that many times there are issue with heart medications of all sorts causing big problems with blood pressure - so hopefully they do a careful review of those for you with an awareness of your total health picture, including the diabetes and possible other meds. It's not fun being sick, it doesn't feel fair
rofl2.gif
, it's frustrating, and sometimes demoralizing to not have control over your body the way you would like...

but the great thing Is

makeup and nail polish can give us some fun [5-free] entertainment and make us feel better because we look better because we feel better because we can control a part of how we look and enjoy playing with something in our control. So I'm glad you're here to share your enjoyment of that, and your experience with these and other goodies! All the best and lots of hugs!
hug.gif
Originally Posted by swimsalot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I empathize with you Angi. I hope they find out what's going and what's causing this. It's so hard to be in that limbo when you have symptoms but you don't know what they are coming from. Right now I'm losing between pound or two a week without dieting or even trying. So that's cause for concern. A lot of doctors appointments next week and blood draws and such so maybe they'll have some information. Take care and I love that manicure you did with the gold and silver.
Originally Posted by tasertag /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Angi, I sincerely hope that your doctors will find out the cause for your fluctuating blood pressure so you don't have to endure any more tests. Sending my thoughts and prayers in your direction! 
hug.gif

They do not know what causes my low pressure.  I've had it ever since I can remember.  I passed out twice while I was pregnant with my  daughter because it was so low, and that was 16 years ago.  Now I just know when I am feeling lightheaded I need to take it easy and stay seated.  Mine is usually right under normal, but the last time I was at the doctor it was 82/48.  It is worse right after I eat, which the doctor says is normal.  They don't really do anything to treat it. I just know the last week or so it has been worse because I've been feeling lightheaded almost everyday.  I'm not overly concerned yet, but if it persists I'll see my doctor.  

I hope they figure what out what is happening to you Angi.  I know it's worse not knowing what is wrong.  I always feel like if they tell me what is wrong then I will know what I need to do, but not knowing, I just feel so uncertain almost helpless because I don't know what to do, how to make it better, or what I should be doing.  
Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hope they figure out what is wrong soon.
Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I LOVE Two Fat Ladies!  I used to watch reruns with my cousin when I was little, and we would just giggle.  So much butter was sacrificed in the making of that show!  

Also, I really hope that they figure out some answers for you soon!  That tilt test sounds crazy!  I'm in with the low-pressure club, but mine's not enough to cause any issues, except that I pass out every time I get blood drawn.  So much fun.

RICHHHHHHHHARDDDDDDDDDDD! Where are you? Have the fall colors arrived at your office yet? Are you busying packing boxes? How did you decide on the beauty product? How's the computer program switchover going? We want UPDATES! No, we really don't ... Yes, we do ... How many of you are able to resist clicking on a SPOILER link when one shows up??? I cannot. My finger refuses to be still!

The whole she-bang! I'm Vers is MIA. One of the cats jumped on the table I had it sitting on and sent about 4 of my polishes flying. I didn't realize that I'm Vers was one of them until I went to take my picture. I'll have to send the kiddo under the furniture to find it for me. 
smiletongue.gif

I could not BELIEVE the support and love and helpful suggestions that you ALL posted just for ME. I feel like Sally Field saying, "You like me, You REALLY like me!" (but I'm guessing most of you are too young to remember that, LOL! Seriously, you have made me feel so supported in this latest medical journey of mine. Seems like every decade it's something new to explore ... from diabetes to spinal fusion to heart disease (and not forgetting the lungs, scarred from YEARS of smoking but smoke-free since 1998). I saw lots of great tips. I am one of those rare people who really does not add salt to my food, so I am thinking I will give that a try. Also, no one has tested my adrenal glands but my brother has an adrenal disease, so that is a definite possibility. One of the heart meds has to have pre-approval from the insurance company, so I am still waiting on that. The cardiologist is sending samples to tide me over. But thank you ALL for the concern and care you have shown here. I'm so glad I found you and nail polish addiction is one of the things that I really enjoy [n life right now! 
What a nice post, Angi.  Keep us posted on what you try and what ultimately works for you!

The most important thing I learned on my ten year journey with a mysterious chronic illness is, Keep on Butting Your Head Up Against That Door Until You Feel Better.  Your body wants to feel better just as much as you do!

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The whole she-bang! I'm Vers is MIA. One of the cats jumped on the table I had it sitting on and sent about 4 of my polishes flying. I didn't realize that I'm Vers was one of them until I went to take my picture. I'll have to send the kiddo under the furniture to find it for me. 
smiletongue.gif

How did you do that??? I tried and they kept falling ....Congratulations on the whole collection!!! I have to wait to add my missing 5!

smiletongue.gif

It's like CHRISTMAS!!! 
santa.gif

12.gif

xmas.gif

smiletongue.gif

wub.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smiletongue.gif

How did you do that??? I tried and they kept falling ....Congratulations on the whole collection!!! I have to wait to add my missing 5!

They're laying down in a shallow black box that I use for taking photos. I couldn't stack them without them sliding off each other. lol

smiletongue.gif

heart.gif
claps.gif
That is a beautiful sight!

Back