(Spoilers/Discussion) Bondi: September 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update on cardiologist appt. yesterday: Small vessel heart disease likely caused by long-term diabetes. They put me on two heart pills. The vessels are were they cannot put in stents or other aides to help with the chest pain. HOWEVER, nothing from the tests revealed what is causing the up and down blood pressure. It dropped to 75/38 last night. They are setting me up with an appt. at a medical center (probably Memphis or Nashville) to do what is called a tilt-table test to try to determine what is causing the unstable blood pressure. Thank you all for all the good thoughts and prayers sent my way.

Ladies,

I tried to post a link earlier today ... the USPS is wanting to handle the delivery of alcohol, citing big money that private shipping companies are making since USPS can't ship alcohol. All I could say was, "Thank God it's only nail polish I'm addicted to......."

Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Update on cardiologist appt. yesterday: Small vessel heart disease likely caused by long-term diabetes. They put me on two heart pills. The vessels are were they cannot put in stents or other aides to help with the chest pain. HOWEVER, nothing from the tests revealed what is causing the up and down blood pressure. It dropped to 75/38 last night. They are setting me up with an appt. at a medical center (probably Memphis or Nashville) to do what is called a tilt-table test to try to determine what is causing the unstable blood pressure. Thank you all for all the good thoughts and prayers sent my way.
Good luck with the upcoming medical appointments and with figuring out the cause of your unstable BP so you can treat it.  We are definitely sending you lots of good thoughts and prayers!  
thumbsup2.gif

Angie I have problems with low blood pressure too. I hope they figure out what is causing yours.

Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Angie I have problems with low blood pressure too. I hope they figure out what is causing yours.
Mine is not low blood pressure by itself. If I sit up longer than an hour, it goes to 160 or 180/90. Then when I lie down, it drops to 105/45 or lower. So I am up and down and up and down. It is getting old ... started in February, but worsened in June. Do you know what causes your low blood pressure?

I had very low pressure for a while--so low that it once caused me to pass out while walking down stairs, leading to a bad fall and a sprained ankle.  It was regularly about 80/50.

I finally found out that it was an adrenal gland/thyroid issue, and have been able to treat the problem quite successfully.  

If this sounds like your situation and you want to know more about what worked for me, feel free to PM me.  Of course yours might be a completely different situation.  I hope you figure out a solution that works for you, either way.

Originally Posted by jessicalriley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm going to try to make this as brief as possible! Dr. Who is a science-fiction TV show on BBC. The main character is called "The Doctor." He is a time lord & the travels through time in a 1950s-style police box called the Tardis (Time And Relative Dismension In Space). Soooo, NYPD is the perfect blue that matches the Tardis.
smile.gif
I absolutely love this show now but when I was little, I was completely terrified of the 'travel through the wormhole' opening for the show, combined with that (I perceived then) creepy music.  So it's good it doesn't bother some toddlers!

I hope all goes well!

Just letting you know I'm thinking of you and wishing you the best in terms of sorting this out! I know that many times there are issue with heart medications of all sorts causing big problems with blood pressure - so hopefully they do a careful review of those for you with an awareness of your total health picture, including the diabetes and possible other meds. It's not fun being sick, it doesn't feel fair
rofl2.gif
, it's frustrating, and sometimes demoralizing to not have control over your body the way you would like...

but the great thing Is

makeup and nail polish can give us some fun [5-free] entertainment and make us feel better because we look better because we feel better because we can control a part of how we look and enjoy playing with something in our control. So I'm glad you're here to share your enjoyment of that, and your experience with these and other goodies! All the best and lots of hugs!
hug.gif

Originally Posted by greatbleuheron /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ERMAGERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!        
icon_eek.gif

Richard, I absolutely love it that you are going to let us select our boxes from the available options.  I'm pretty sure that everybody else feels the same way.

Thanks for having an awesome company!
Agreed! It will be super to have the choice of colours! I'm actually excited about the copper - I've always wanted a really good copper colour, the teal, and maybe, to go against the generally deep fall colour leaning here, a sophisticated nude or even a nude holo! That would be a great surprise for me.

Was on the Bondi website today getting the web address for my blog post and while on the web site went on the "where to buy" tab.  Not one but 2 Bondi stores are opening near me!  Squee!  One is at my favorite mall!  

One is a mall about 30 minutes away, but I do go there upon occassion (it is the only indoor mall around me, and after shopping outdoor malls for 7 years now, being in big echo-y closed malls is weirdly claustrophobic to me, I know firstworld problems)!

I wonder if we will be able to swatch in store.  I wonder if I need a part time job, to give back to Bondi.  hmm decisions, decisions!

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Was on the Bondi website today getting the web address for my blog post and while on the web site went on the "where to buy" tab.  Not one but 2 Bondi stores are opening near me!  Squee!  One is at my favorite mall!  

One is a mall about 30 minutes away, but I do go there upon occassion (it is the only indoor mall around me, and after shopping outdoor malls for 7 years now, being in big echo-y closed malls is weirdly claustrophobic to me, I know firstworld problems)!

I wonder if we will be able to swatch in store.  I wonder if I need a part time job, to give back to Bondi.  hmm decisions, decisions!
OH STORE LOCATIONS?! interesting.

I empathize with you Angi. I hope they find out what's going and what's causing this. It's so hard to be in that limbo when you have symptoms but you don't know what they are coming from. Right now I'm losing between pound or two a week without dieting or even trying. So that's cause for concern. A lot of doctors appointments next week and blood draws and such so maybe they'll have some information. Take care and I love that manicure you did with the gold and silver.

Angi, I sincerely hope that your doctors will find out the cause for your fluctuating blood pressure so you don't have to endure any more tests. Sending my thoughts and prayers in your direction! 
hug.gif

Originally Posted by greatbleuheron /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had very low pressure for a while--so low that it once caused me to pass out while walking down stairs, leading to a bad fall and a sprained ankle.  It was regularly about 80/50.

I finally found out that it was an adrenal gland/thyroid issue, and have been able to treat the problem quite successfully.  

If this sounds like your situation and you want to know more about what worked for me, feel free to PM me.  Of course yours might be a completely different situation.  I hope you figure out a solution that works for you, either way.

Mine is not low blood pressure by itself. If I sit up longer than an hour, it goes to 160 or 180/90. Then when I lie down, it drops to 105/45 or lower. So I am up and down and up and down. It is getting old ... started in February, but worsened in June. Do you know what causes your low blood pressure?
They do not know what causes my low pressure.  I've had it ever since I can remember.  I passed out twice while I was pregnant with my  daughter because it was so low, and that was 16 years ago.  Now I just know when I am feeling lightheaded I need to take it easy and stay seated.  Mine is usually right under normal, but the last time I was at the doctor it was 82/48.  It is worse right after I eat, which the doctor says is normal.  They don't really do anything to treat it. I just know the last week or so it has been worse because I've been feeling lightheaded almost everyday.  I'm not overly concerned yet, but if it persists I'll see my doctor.  

I hope they figure what out what is happening to you Angi.  I know it's worse not knowing what is wrong.  I always feel like if they tell me what is wrong then I will know what I need to do, but not knowing, I just feel so uncertain almost helpless because I don't know what to do, how to make it better, or what I should be doing.  

Hope they figure out what is wrong soon.

Originally Posted by swimsalot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I empathize with you Angi. I hope they find out what's going and what's causing this. It's so hard to be in that limbo when you have symptoms but you don't know what they are coming from. Right now I'm losing between pound or two a week without dieting or even trying. So that's cause for concern. A lot of doctors appointments next week and blood draws and such so maybe they'll have some information. Take care and I love that manicure you did with the gold and silver.

Hope they are able to find what is wrong, best of luck.

They do not know what causes my low pressure.  I've had it ever since I can remember.  I passed out twice while I was pregnant with my  daughter because it was so low, and that was 16 years ago.  Now I just know when I am feeling lightheaded I need to take it easy and stay seated.  Mine is usually right under normal, but the last time I was at the doctor it was 82/48.  It is worse right after I eat, which the doctor says is normal.  They don't really do anything to treat it. I just know the last week or so it has been worse because I've been feeling lightheaded almost everyday.  I'm not overly concerned yet, but if it persists I'll see my doctor.  
Luckyme, two things I found out while I was in the desperate throes of trying to figure out what was wrong with me:

1. If you have low blood pressure, you are in the OPPOSITE position from most Americans: you NEED to consume salt.  Preferably sea salt, because it does have extra minerals in it which are also helpful for low BP.  I know this sounds bizarre, because we've all heard the value of cutting back on salt.  But those are one-size-fits-all recommendations, and low-BP people have different needs.  If you can, just add more salt to your food and enjoy.

2. You might also look into getting a cortisol saliva test, which will determine if you have normal adrenal function.  All you have to do is spit in a four different tubes over the course of a day, and then mail them off to be analyzed.  If your doctor doesn't offer this (most don't), then you can order a test kit over the internet.  It's about $100.

These are both medically reliable approaches to treating many cases of low blood pressure, but they are not something that most doctors know about.  I saw many, many doctors before I finally started reading books and patient blogs that helped me to figure out what to do.  I successfully raised my BP to 120/75, and I feel much better.

And if none of this is right for you, then I wish you all the best for determining what is right for you.  
mat.gif

Back