(SPOILERS) Ipsy/My Glam January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by votedreads /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hmm. I guess agree to disagree. NYX jumbo pencils are 3.00.... I like to get alittle more special items in sub boxes.  Also, zadidoll...do you have a nordstroms ? they sell nyx
Nope, nearest one is two hours away. We now have an ULTA which sells NYX but they just opened this year. Prior to them opening I couldn't get my NYX fix.

I am excited for the lotion; heard Tuscan blood orange smells great! I'd love to see.. -matte blush or bronzer sample -hair ties or a lil accessory -a lip liner or a clear lip liner. They r so handy!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by votedreads /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hmm. I guess agree to disagree. NYX jumbo pencils are 3.00.... I like to get alittle more special items in sub boxes.  Also, zadidoll...do you have a nordstroms ? they sell nyx
Nope, nearest one is two hours away. We now have an ULTA which sells NYX but they just opened this year. Prior to them opening I couldn't get my NYX fix.

I feel your former pain...the stores in my tiny town that have anything remotely beauty related .are Walmart, CVS, and Walgreens...I would kill for an Ulta!

I am excited for the Pacifica lotion . I like their products and have never tried this scent!  I am trying to work through my lotion stash but this looks like a great size for the purse, desk or travel!  After reading all the rave reviews I am excited for the Josie Maran Oil too!  

Originally Posted by votedreads /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I live in a small town so the only place I can get NYX aside from online is at Ulta at a mall about 30 minutes from me. I really like NYX products... they are affordable and the quality is amazing for the price! I personally don't care that a jumbo pencil is only a $3.00 product... it would still be a full size product that would get ALOT of use rather than a little foil packet that probably wouldn't even be enough to let me see actual results. Plus... it would still be just 1 of the 5 items in a $10.00 bag so overall, you'd still get your money's worth with it plus the rest of the items, and the bag itself
smile.gif

Originally Posted by TheNittyPretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by votedreads /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I live in a small town so the only place I can get NYX aside from online is at Ulta at a mall about 30 minutes from me. I really like NYX products... they are affordable and the quality is amazing for the price! I personally don't care that a jumbo pencil is only a $3.00 product... it would still be a full size product that would get ALOT of use rather than a little foil packet that probably wouldn't even be enough to let me see actual results. Plus... it would still be just 1 of the 5 items in a $10.00 bag so overall, you'd still get your money's worth with it plus the rest of the items, and the bag itself
smile.gif

Yep, this is me, except my nearest Ulta or place I can find NYX, period is about an hour and a half away, and with the hours I work, I make that trip maybe once a year...bah! lol. But I don't care if a product isn't high end or super expensive, as long as I feel the bag was a good value, and I can and will use the things I got, I'm happy! 

I think that's why, in the end, I prefer Ipsy to BB...Birchbox has some higher end brands, but once I use that tiny packet up, I usually can't afford the full size...whereas Ipsy has introduced me to things like Coastal Scents shadows and Be a Bombshell liner that are quite nice quality, but I can totally afford.

And I feel like these subs are especially nice for us small towners...while I see a lot of girls on here say "why not just go to Sephora and pick something out??"...well, when your closes Sephora is a 2 hour drive, not always feasible. I do most of my cosmetic shopping online, so trying new things through these subs is priceless! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Honestly, I'm kind of obsessed with lip products so glosses and balms and sticks are something I love. I think they should consider including a roller ball as I love trying a new scent but the little samples don't last long at all. I wouldn't mind a beauty blender or kabuki brush... Wink wink Has anyone noticed we all generally want the same things? Lip liner, blush, etc?

I don't know if this is everywhere... but the Sears in the mall by me has a pretty great makeup section and they carry NYX. !

I'm excited with what we are getting so far, I haven't tried either of the 2 products in the spoilers, and so far we are getting body and skin(face) care I do think however that there should be at least one make up product, but I agree on it not being an eye liner or a lip gloss...unless it's a color eyeliner...but it's still kinda meh...I can't wait to see what else we're getting :3

Originally Posted by alpina0560 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if this is everywhere... but the Sears in the mall by me has a pretty great makeup section and they carry NYX. !
lol...my nearest Sears is over an hour away too. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I am, quite literally, working with Walmart, CVS, and Walgreens, nothing more, in this god-forsaken town. MISERABLE!!!

Originally Posted by alpina0560 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ouch. I'm sorry!
I used to have a decent mall, at least, and even better shopping just a half hour away... and moving here was a hard adjustment, lmao.

Thank goodness for MUT and my subs!

I live on my subs too! There's Rite Aid and CVS at walking distance but I am a Walgreens fan :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Living in a ghetto place with no car is horrible. (I am an Asian female who can't drive at all)

The closest mall is in downtown but it has nothing. Not even Sephora. The nearest Sephora takes 1hr20min bus ride, so does Ulta. But because of that I have been doing well on my no buy though.

My last wander into a Sears, I saw (to my surprise) it had a make-up/cosmetics area that was mostly drugstore brands...including NYX. Maybe call your local Sears and see if they're one of the few locations that has a cosmetics department? It's worth a shot...

My nearest shopping place for anything is over an hour away...(the only store in my town is a small grocery store.) The nearest Ulta or Sephora is over a state away so I'm stuck with slim-pickins at Walmart or online shopping...I've always wanted to try more NYX products so I'd love to get more in any sub service! 

Latest posts

Back