(SPOILERS) Ipsy/My Glam January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Citrus is totally winter-y! That's really when all the tangelos, satsumas, blood oranges (i have particularly fond memories of blood orange kamikazes in january in the mid-90s), etc. are in season. This is really shaping up to be a great bag for me.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Citrus is totally winter-y! That's really when all the tangelos, satsumas, blood oranges (i have particularly fond memories of blood orange kamikazes in january in the mid-90s), etc. are in season. This is really shaping up to be a great bag for me.
Citrus = summer for me. But I'm a New England girl so maybe that's why. We drink our liquor straight during the winter to keep us warm. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope you ladies don't mind but I changed the title and added (SPOILERS) in the event some people don't use spoiler tags. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So far sneak peek #1 and #2 are showing GOOD products however I have to admit that I'm not sure if I'm excited - yet - for this bag. One one hand I'm tired of eyeliners, lip glosses and mascaras. I've been going through my stuff last night in an attempt to organize things and I have almost 20 different mascaras - things I've bought, things I've received in my subscriptions, things I get as free samples from Ulta or Sephora. I just gave a few away to my daughters last night because I'll NEVER finish all these mascaras. Lip glosses.... omg... way too many in a variety of colors...

What I would love to see:

• Blush. Not blush sheets but blush - cream or powder.
  • Lip liner. Surprisingly I have less than a half dozen lip liners. I need to separate my lip liners from my eye liners to be sure though.
  • Moisturizers. I know some people hate getting skin care however I don't mind moisturizers because it's the one thing I tend to really run out on and never seem to find any in the stores that I like.

I hope you ladies don't mind but I changed the title and added (SPOILERS) in the event some people don't use spoiler tags. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So far sneak peek #1 and #2 are showing GOOD products however I have to admit that I'm not sure if I'm excited - yet - for this bag. One one hand I'm tired of eyeliners, lip glosses and mascaras. I've been going through my stuff last night in an attempt to organize things and I have almost 20 different mascaras - things I've bought, things I've received in my subscriptions, things I get as free samples from Ulta or Sephora. I just gave a few away to my daughters last night because I'll NEVER finish all these mascaras. Lip glosses.... omg... way too many in a variety of colors... What I would love to see:
  • Lip liner. Surprisingly I have less than a half dozen lip liners. I need to separate my lip liners from my eye liners to be sure though.
  • Moisturizers. I know some people hate getting skin care however I don't mind moisturizers because it's the one thing I tend to really run out on and never seem to find any in the stores that I like.
I agree. I'm swimming in eyeliners right now, but seriously lacking in the lipliner dept. I would love to see some blush too. I'm almost done with all my moisturizer samples now too, believe it or not! I was just thinking how I could use another one right now.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope you ladies don't mind but I changed the title and added (SPOILERS) in the event some people don't use spoiler tags. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So far sneak peek #1 and #2 are showing GOOD products however I have to admit that I'm not sure if I'm excited - yet - for this bag. One one hand I'm tired of eyeliners, lip glosses and mascaras. I've been going through my stuff last night in an attempt to organize things and I have almost 20 different mascaras - things I've bought, things I've received in my subscriptions, things I get as free samples from Ulta or Sephora. I just gave a few away to my daughters last night because I'll NEVER finish all these mascaras. Lip glosses.... omg... way too many in a variety of colors...

Totally agree with the lip liner part! Come on ipsy we are pouring our hearts out for some lip liners!!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Perfect Variety Zadi

: I'm tempted to resub for the argan oil (darn you ladies for making my mouth drool over it lol... still looking for my perfect face thing) but I really  have enough lotions at this point.... It is more cost effective if I just wanted to try the argan oil, but I might be able to bum it off someone in the trades instead. Sigh. I'll probably cave int he end again anyway

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was using this as a facial moisturizer and it was amazing. My boyfriend started to do the same so I had to try to hide it.....he now uses something else nd I should begin using this again. I was using the Kiehls oil free lotion they sent (for summer) but I think I'll switch back. I love this stuff.

I hope that star bag is the bag for January. The bags keep getting better. No matter how much stuff I have or overwhelmed with makeup and beauty products I get, I won't ever cancel Myglam
It's so funny how men can pick the best products in a second, love that you diverted him to something else.  I had to figure out a way to start getting more lotions and creams because I started using them on my husband too and wouldn't you know, he has no idea which cost more by just looking at them but after using them he ends up loving the most expensive ones.  We live in the tropics so I think the creams are good for his skin, I have him using SPF during the day too, lots of people here have had problems with skin cancer so I'm especially careful.

I love that the Josie Maran Argan Oil is fair trade and supports women.  I've been to Morocco and watched women hand crush the roasted argan kernels to make the oil and it was fascinating how they did it with basically a bowl that is a mortar and pestle in their laps.  I've been babying the bottle I bought there, I'm always glad to get some more, especially when I know the company I'm buying it from is taking care of the women producing it.  It's also 100% organic and cruelty free.  This is what their website has to say about the women working to extract the oil that they bottle. 

In 2002, the Moroccan government helped establish female cooperatives to manufacture Argan Oil. These programs provide women of rural Morocco with a steady income, a fair wage, good working conditions, as well as literacy and other education classes. Perhaps most importantly, the co-ops give women a keen sense of empowerment in this traditionally male-dominated society.

I am excited about sneak peek #2!! Just what I need for winter!

I also agree that I'd love blush and more moisturizers...no lipliner for me though! Never ever use it, and I have gotten several of them from subs already that haven't been touched, so it'd be a waste.

Really, I'll be happy with anything that isn't lipgloss, lol.

Oh lord, why do I ever look at Ipsy's facebook? People irritate me to no end. Only to sneak peek #2 and people are already throwing a fit about "NO MAKEUP??"

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh lord, why do I ever look at Ipsy's facebook? People irritate me to no end. Only to sneak peek #2 and people are already throwing a fit about "NO MAKEUP??"
LOL Yup. I'm actually some what relieved there isn't any makeup - yet. No more mascara and eyeliners! LOL Least not for a while. Personally I'm burnt out on mascara and eyeliners and lip glosses.

Lol, I don't mind more lip products but I'm well stocked on gloss, received the Benefit 6-gloss set for Christmas and last night used my Sephora gift cards and came home with the 6pc Buxom lip set
icon_eek.gif

I like getting makeup (though if I never see a gloss again I will survive, I have an entire Glossybox full of glosses I've gotten just from subs...though everyone else seems to get a lot of mascaras and I NEVER do so Ill take more of those :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) but I thought the entire point of these subs was to get and try a variety of different things.

It's not a lipgloss and liner of the month club, it's a beauty product subscription! Yeesh!  As long as they send me good products, I feel they've done what they've promised.

I'm definitely in agreement with lip liners and blush but I think my ultimate dream bag would have to be:

travel sized porefessional primer from Benefit

a nice floral or citrusy rollerball perfume

a single matte peachy pink blush

a kabuki brush

Nyx jumbo eye or lip pencil

This type of bag would make me faint... repeatedly, LOL!

Back