(SPOILERS) Ipsy/My Glam January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by TheNittyPretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm definitely in agreement with lip liners and blush but I think my ultimate dream bag would have to be:

travel sized porefessional primer from Benefit

a nice floral or citrusy rollerball perfume

a single matte peachy pink blush

a kabuki brush

Nyx jumbo eye or lip pencil

This type of bag would make me faint... repeatedly, LOL!
I would loooove a rollerball fragrance (citrus or vanilla for me, please) an an NYX jumbo lip pencil!

I did write to them asking for a NYX jumbo lip pencil - they are awesome bases for lip products or can be used on their own! 

I would love a roller ball (floral/citrusy scent would be great - I hate smelling like food)

I'm still wanting to see a cute hair accessory (a jeweled bobby pin or something like that)

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would loooove a rollerball fragrance (citrus or vanilla for me, please) an an NYX jumbo lip pencil!
Totally agree with the NYX jumbo lip pencil!

I'm thinking the body butter *and* a perfume rollerball might be too much fragrance and not enough variety in one bag.

Originally Posted by JimmyJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did write to them asking for a NYX jumbo lip pencil - they are awesome bases for lip products or can be used on their own! 

I would love a roller ball (floral/citrusy scent would be great - I hate smelling like food)

I'm still wanting to see a cute hair accessory (a jeweled bobby pin or something like that)
I love your idea of a hair accessory!

Just read the FB comments... I love that there are people complaining about people complaining about people complaining. Ipsy finally commented saying that "due to feedback from the community" (I.e. all of us saying no moe lipgloss!) they're mixing it up and sending all-new stuff this month. I think the sneak peeks are awesome so far! I've never tried either product, and I'm glad Ipsy is expanding my horizons!

I stopped subscribing to BB because I didnt want hand creams, body stuff but I guess I will still hang on and see what else we are going to get

Originally Posted by katcole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I stopped subscribing to BB because I didnt want hand creams, body stuff but I guess I will still hang on and see what else we are going to get
Have you tried Starlooks? Ipsy does do a pretty good job of sending out lots of makeup, but they have always sent out other things too, and I think we have to remember that makeup samples are harder to get from companies than other samples, so we can't get too used to all or mostly makeup bags...but Starlooks is all makeup (only their brand, but it s really nice stuff).

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just read the FB comments... I love that there are people complaining about people complaining about people complaining. Ipsy finally commented saying that "due to feedback from the community" (I.e. all of us saying no moe lipgloss!) they're mixing it up and sending all-new stuff this month. I think the sneak peeks are awesome so far! I've never tried either product, and I'm glad Ipsy is expanding my horizons!
That's what I like about MUT and why I generally avoid the company FB pages...I get so frustrated that people are just never pleased. We complain here, sure, but to me, most of the posts here are more truly conversational than just whining because we didn't get $500 worth of high end full sized makeup in our $10 glam bag (yes, I'm exaggerating, but I really do wonder what exactly some people expect...)

Agreed! Plus, we tend to offer solutions to what we perceive as problems (for ex. too many lipglosses, but a pencil would be lovely!) instead of just whining. I've yet to be disappointed. Not sure if that just means I have low standards, but I'm thrilled with a 2.5 oz lotion sample instead of a super high end foil packet!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed! Plus, we tend to offer solutions to what we perceive as problems (for ex. too many lipglosses, but a pencil would be lovely!) instead of just whining. I've yet to be disappointed. Not sure if that just means I have low standards, but I'm thrilled with a 2.5 oz lotion sample instead of a super high end foil packet!
dito.gif

I'm not thrilled yet, but I'm excited to try the oil. I have hope though, because ipsy/myglam never lets me down.

This is the last bag for my annual sub and I've decided this bag will decide if I'll keep it for another year or not. I have enough samples and full size products which will last me another year but I just can't have enough ipsy bags and love the stuff I am getting!

Originally Posted by votedreads /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know  why everyone wants NYX....i like it, but I can get it at my drugstore.
NYX is not available every where. Until this year the closest place to sell NYX was three hours away OR I could order it online.

Originally Posted by votedreads /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know  why everyone wants NYX....i like it, but I can get it at my drugstore.
Well, just about anything we get in these bags can be gotten elsewhere, so that's not a consideration for me. I actually can't get NYX near me, and they make good products that I can afford to repurchase if I enjoy them, so NYX is a brand that is always welcome in bags, for me.

Some samples I like trying because the products are so far outside of my price range, the samples are the only way I will ever try them...this is true of a lot of the samples I loved from Sample Society. But others, I like because it's an economical way to try things that are obtainable to me, that may become part of my daily routine, and sometimes it's just fun stuff to play with.

For me, Sample Society, Glossybox, etc. are where I turn for more of the "serious" products, most of which are fun to try but I know I'll never buy, while Ipsy is more about the fun. Ipsy sends us good products, but they aren't usually crazy expensive or outside of my price range. I enjoy that.

I am very excited for this upcoming month seems there is a great variation from the past couple of months.

To get rid of some of my makeup, hair, & skincare samples I had accumulated I made makeup & skincare bags for a couple of family members for Christmas. These were samples that I knew I would never use because either they were meant for a different skin type than mine or makeup I would never use. I made bags specially for each women if I knew they had curly hair I threw in some Miss Jessie's if they had dry skin I threw in some great dry moisturizer in there. They seriously loved them, they thought it was a sweet idea to give them these items so they could try them. 

Also, it feels great getting rid of all the items I wouldn't use. But it will not very long to starting hoarding a bunch of samples along with boxes & Ipsy bags. 

Earlier in the year I was swimming in moisturizer, now I have hardly any so I would love to see one of those!

The sneak peeks look good to me. People were griping about too much makeup so now they are going away from that. I hope it's just temporary!!!

hmm. I guess agree to disagree. NYX jumbo pencils are 3.00.... I like to get alittle more special items in sub boxes.  Also, zadidoll...do you have a nordstroms ? they sell nyx

Latest posts

Back