(SPOILERS) Ipsy/My Glam January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was using this as a facial moisturizer and it was amazing. My boyfriend started to do the same so I had to try to hide it.....he now uses something else nd I should begin using this again. I was using the Kiehls oil free lotion they sent (for summer) but I think I'll switch back. I love this stuff. I hope that star bag is the bag for January. The bags keep getting better. No matter how much stuff I have or overwhelmed with makeup and beauty products I get, I won't ever cancel Myglam

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was using this as a facial moisturizer and it was amazing. My boyfriend started to do the same so I had to try to hide it.....he now uses something else
 hiding the good stuff from the bf  lol
rofl2.gif

Finally signed up for ipsy/my glam again. I got the Josie Maran Argan Oil e-mail. I like it under my moisturizer in the winter.  I signed up for the worst bag they had and then my wallet was stolen and they could not update credit cards back then.

I'm excited by the spoiler! I've heard great things about that product and have some foils a Sephora employee threw in my bag at checkout. Perfect for winter skin. Yes, on the bag, definitely looks cute from the little bit I can spy. So long as I don't get another black liner, I'm good. I'd also love to see a cream blush or lipstick for a change. Fingers crossed! Lol..

Originally Posted by MzKayleeJames /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is an amazing product!  It's one of my holy grail products.  I'm not product loyal and rarely buy anything more than once or twice at the most.  I've been using this for over a year now and my skin glows.  Before this I'd NEVER consider going out of the house without foundation.  I have very sensitive, combination skin and this has done wonders for me!  This appears to be a .25oz bottle (worth about $7) which will last a long time.  I would recommend trying this a few nights a week before bed.  Just lighlty "press" in 5 or 6 drops on slightly damp skin (Anymore and you're wasting it.  It goes on much easier if you lightly towel dry and apply ASAP!).  I have super sensitive eyes and use a few drops under my eyes, and on my eyelids.  I'm 34 and started having dry creases (crows feet!) last year and this has made them disappear!  You can use it on hair and body too but after trying it muliple way I use it strictly for my face/eyes and rub any leftover on my palms onto my cuticles and nails.  If you have dry skin you could also mix a drop or two in your foundation for a moisturizing glow, the bronze one is great for doing this in the summer!
wow thanks for the tips.. excited to try it!

Im excited to try it on my face .. Ive been using it on my nails and they have grown super fast and strong.. and i use to bite my nails down to the grit seeing the transformation and how nice my nails look i love it

My face is already so oily :-( not excited for this. I guess I can use it on my nails though.

Originally Posted by lasita /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My face is already so oily :-( not excited for this. I guess I can use it on my nails though.
It's counter-intuitive, but sometimes what oily skin needs is actually *more* oil.  The key is finding the *right* oil.  See, what can happen is that your skin thinks it's too dry, so it produces more oil, especially if you use stuff to get rid of the oil your skin is currently producing.  Stripping that oil away just kicks the oil production into overdrive.  If you can find the right facial oil, it can balance your skin to the point where the oil production shifts into balance, et voila!  No more super oily skin.  I've had friends with oily skin who changed to the oil cleansing method (it's usually just a mix of castor and either sunflower or olive oil.  No soap, no cleanser, no astringent), and their skin magically became normal after a week or two.

While I haven't used this brand specifically, I can also attest to the great things the general product can do for your skin!

I have been using argan oil on my face and around my eyes in the mornings for a month now and I keep getting compliments on how great my skin looks! Glowy and soft and my breakouts have lessened considerably.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's counter-intuitive, but sometimes what oily skin needs is actually *more* oil.  The key is finding the *right* oil.  See, what can happen is that your skin thinks it's too dry, so it produces more oil, especially if you use stuff to get rid of the oil your skin is currently producing.  Stripping that oil away just kicks the oil production into overdrive.  If you can find the right facial oil, it can balance your skin to the point where the oil production shifts into balance, et voila!  No more super oily skin.  I've had friends with oily skin who changed to the oil cleansing method (it's usually just a mix of castor and either sunflower or olive oil.  No soap, no cleanser, no astringent), and their skin magically became normal after a week or two.
I have oily skin and always felt like it's a curse! I recently started using Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter soap with Argan Oil (purchased at Walgreens) to cleanse my face, then I moisturize afterwards with good ol' organic coconut oil. Sounds like a lot of oil for someone with oily skin to use but it definitely has regulated my face and has calmed the oil production... ALOT! I agree, you have to find the right facial oil so make sure it's an oil that absorbs into your skin rather than an oil that just sits on the skin looking greasy.

I'm really looking forward to getting this Josie Maran product to use for my hair and to try out on my face. I used to have a bottle of argan oil that I used for my hair but never thought to use it on my face. Now I regret giving it away to my friend *cries*, LOL!

I'm thinking Love and Toast? That's what the packaging reminds me of.

ETA: Nevermind looks like other people figured out it's Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange.

Originally Posted by tameloy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's Pacifica Blood Orange...I have some of it!
Ooo I love Blood Orange, but it's not very winter-y. I did see that Ipsy posted a status on Facebook a few days ago that said "Winter's almost over..." so maybe they're already living in the Spring lol. Because I'm pretty sure Winter just started a week ago!

YESSSSSSS I LOVE THAT LOTION! I always steal some at sephora lol. not really. I just always test it out. 

It smells amazing. The only thing I don't like is that the scent changes a little after you put it on.

Back