(SPOILERS) Ipsy/My Glam January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find the JM isn't doing a thing for me either.  I have very dry skin.  When I put it on, rub it in, my face looks great, nice and smooth but by morning, I can see the dry again.  Too bad, I was hoping for a miracle but nothing has ever really helped my dry skin in winter so I can't say I'm surprised.
3 words. Skin Recovery system. Only thing that has helped me. From Paula's choice. Sorry I feel like a walking ad for them sometimes, but it really was a miracle for me.

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I find the JM isn't doing a thing for me either.  I have very dry skin.  When I put it on, rub it in, my face looks great, nice and smooth but by morning, I can see the dry again.  Too bad, I was hoping for a miracle but nothing has ever really helped my dry skin in winter so I can't say I'm surprised.
I didn't see overnight results, but I had purchased a JM set at Sephora around Christmas time. It took about two weeks of twice daily use of the oil under my regular moisturizer for me to see some pretty nice results. I am dry (as in Sahara) on my face. I've noticed much less flakiness and fewer lines around my eyes and mouth. Like many others here, I use three drops on a damp face. After I let that dry, I follow up with my moisturizer.

Originally Posted by nkjm /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've ben using the JM argan oil too and it's not really doing much for my face :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> my face is still dry. Does anyone have any tips for using it? I'm thinking about using it after I steam my face but unsure if I can do this on a daily basis. 
Have you tried exfoliating first? I personally cannot afford a Clarin brush, but I have been using the Sephora Face Complexion Brush (only $6!) this winter to wash my face in the evening and it has been a total game changer! I live in Chicago so I get that dry winter air and in the past no amount of moisturizers or oils could get ride of the flakes, but this winter I have been flake free! Most nights now I just need moisturizer, I oil up or use a hydrating face mask usually once a week. (When our temp dropped sub-zero for a few days in a row I had to bump up the oil usage, but still not needed nightly). 

Has anyone had experience with Ipsy customer service? I did not get my January glam bag and they are being really difficult even though its lost in the mail. Just wondered if anyone had good or bad experiences with them? Thanks.

I've contacted them twice. My most recent experience was for this month's bag since one of the products were damaged. It took a few days to get a reply from them (though I did send it on a Friday night...), which is a bit slower than the first time I contacted them, which took less than 24 hours to hear back. The person who got back to me was helpful and got everything sorted out. When they start sending bags out, their customer service seems to be slower as a result of the influx of emails they get. :/ 

I got my bag today! I recieved the eyeliner brush (mehh, but I will use it eventually im sure) and bloody mary :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> REALLY sad about this one...I have too many reds. First world problems, i know. But no spills ! I was nervous because I smelled the lotion from outside the package so I thought it for sure had spilled.

QUESTION: I want to put some argan on my hair, just to make it softer.... Can i put it on dry hair and if so how many drops should i do? I don't want to feel oil lurking

Originally Posted by votedreads /img/forum/go_quote.gif

QUESTION: I want to put some argan on my hair, just to make it softer.... Can i put it on dry hair and if so how many drops should i do? I don't want to feel oil lurking
There are many way to add it. You can add a few drops (about five or so) directly to the palm of your hands and work it into your hair OR you can mix a few drops (three to five) into your leave-in conditioner or hair mask.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There are many way to add it. You can add a few drops (about five or so) directly to the palm of your hands and work it into your hair OR you can mix a few drops (three to five) into your leave-in conditioner or hair mask.
oooh i like that leave in conditioner idea.  Perhaps I'll add a couple onto my dry hair as well and see how I like it and how much I need. Thank you!

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't feel greasy at all when I use the JM. I do it like everyone instructed and pat it on a damp face and it's awesome! I don't feel oily even a little. It absorbs pretty quick.
Originally Posted by SherBear400 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you tried exfoliating first? I personally cannot afford a Clarin brush, but I have been using the Sephora Face Complexion Brush (only $6!) this winter to wash my face in the evening and it has been a total game changer! I live in Chicago so I get that dry winter air and in the past no amount of moisturizers or oils could get ride of the flakes, but this winter I have been flake free! Most nights now I just need moisturizer, I oil up or use a hydrating face mask usually once a week. (When our temp dropped sub-zero for a few days in a row I had to bump up the oil usage, but still not needed nightly). 
This is basically what I do -

I exfoliate first, as I wash my face, using loofah-like gloves.  I use a creamy cleanser (the benefit face wash from BB a couple months ago.)

Then after rinsing, I put a tiny drop on each cheek, my chin, and my forehead. I'm totally stingy with how much I use, lol - want to make it LAST. 
ninja.gif
 Since my face is still damp, as I rub it in, the 4 small drops spread out to evenly cover my whole face and neck.  

I usually have dry, red, patches and flaking around the sides of my nose and between my eyebrows, but since I started doing this it has disappeared.  Baby-butt soft...I love this stuff!

oooh i like that leave in conditioner idea.  Perhaps I'll add a couple onto my dry hair as well and see how I like it and how much I need. Thank you!
I've been putting in my wet hair after I cowash. And makes my hair so soft. Then the next day I skip washing and put two drops and rub it into my hands and kind of twist my hair to rub it all the way into the ends. I try to stay away from the top of my head the next day....I love this stuff!

Originally Posted by ashmatia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone had experience with Ipsy customer service? I did not get my January glam bag and they are being really difficult even though its lost in the mail. Just wondered if anyone had good or bad experiences with them? Thanks.
I wasn't able to log in to their site for a month or so. It takes them no more than 48 hours to get back to me. They said no one else reported the same problem but they went ahead and checked anyways, just because I am the only one who couldn't log in. Turns out their site did have a technical problem and they solved it within a day once they confirmed it wasn't my problem.

Okay, I don't know if anyone is even watching this thread anymore, but I finally got around to trying the JM on my face. So far no noticeable difference (its only been one night) but man. It SMELLS like fingernail polish! Its driving me crazy! Has anyone else noticed a smell? At first I thought it was just because my polish was lucky enough to leak, but it stayed inside the box and well, even though the bag smells of fingernail polish, I doubt the JM would "adopt" the smell because its in a glass bottle. Anyway. Thoughts? Am I just crazy?

Originally Posted by spmblueeyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay, I don't know if anyone is even watching this thread anymore, but I finally got around to trying the JM on my face. So far no noticeable difference (its only been one night) but man. It SMELLS like fingernail polish! Its driving me crazy! Has anyone else noticed a smell? At first I thought it was just because my polish was lucky enough to leak, but it stayed inside the box and well, even though the bag smells of fingernail polish, I doubt the JM would "adopt" the smell because its in a glass bottle. Anyway. Thoughts? Am I just crazy?
I haven't noticed a smell at all. But I have had a terrible cold, lol.

I just grabbed mine and sniffed it but I didn't smell anything, I have been using it for awhile and I have never noticed a scent

I've heard that each batch of JM argan oil could smell a little different. However, I hadn't heard that it smells like nail polish, only that it could smell citrusy at the most. :)

Originally posted by Jamie P   3 words. Skin Recovery system. Only thing that has helped me. From Paula's choice. Sorry I feel like a walking ad for them sometimes, but it really was a miracle for me.
Oh wow.  I'm taking you at your word and just ordered it.  For $116 it better make me positively dewy!  
biggrin.gif

I own the entire set only I swapped the aha for a bha because my pores get clogged so I prefer a deeper exfoliation... And I have a jumbo cleanser. But yea, it's good stuff. Especially the serum and night cream. Love love love it.

Back