(SPOILERS) Ipsy/My Glam January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aw

aw, I used to have a delayed kitty, too, would chew plastic, and if he looked away from his food bowl he forgot where it was.
Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup. And the kat in question for me likes to chew plastic. Cups, bowls, bags, you name it. He's a little developmentally delayed due to illness when I adopted him, so he has some issues (he can't meow and sort of chirps instead, for example).
Bless people like you who adopt these kitties. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Not that I wouldn't but there are some really sick mean people in the world. 

Quote: Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah... But it def isn't true. If it was, dogs/cats trying to ingest things like antifreeze wouldn't even be an issue.
Yup. And the kat in question for me likes to chew plastic. Cups, bowls, bags, you name it. He's a little developmentally delayed due to illness when I adopted him, so he has some issues (he can't meow and sort of chirps instead, for example).

Aww! I need your addy so I can catnap your kitty since he sounds so cute! Needless to say I love cats. LOL

Originally Posted by votedreads /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Had to email Ipsy today, still  don't have my bag :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I don't have mine either. It went from NC to California on the 13th and hasn't moved since.  I live in South Dakota so it passed me & now is nowhere even close to me.  I didn't want to e-mail too early, but all my previous bags before have come around the fifteenth-ish so this delay is strange for me. I think I'll have to e-mail them tomorrow. Hopefully you get your bag soon!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aww! I need your addy so I can catnap your kitty since he sounds so cute! Needless to say I love cats. LOL
He is one of the biggest flirts I have ever encountered!  Except if he sees anyone other than me, he hides, so he's a very faithful flirt.  And I think he will be forever between six and nine months old mentally, and he is nowhere near as physically adept as a normal cat would be.  When he grooms himself, he sounds like a small child learning how to chew gum who still can't quite get the hang of keeping their mouth shut.  He's also significantly smaller than the gray kitty, and I sometimes forget that they're only a month apart because Oscar (the gray kitty, and, yes, after Oscar Wilde because of _The Picture of Dorian Gray_, and, yes, he is a pissy little witch, and I frequently refer to him as Oz the Gray and Powerful, and then when he gets cuddly, he becomes Ozzie Bear.  HE IS VERY LARGE) acts like the adult cat that they ostensibly both are.  Oh!  And he has an aerial tail!  I had no idea this was A Thing until I started trying to figure out what was wrong with his tail because it just sticks up and curls over his back (answer:  nothing.  He's just *that* adorable!).

(Side track:  I named the black kitty Edgar after Poe because he's black, and "The Black Cat" is an awesome freaky short story.  His shelter name was Wesley, but I can't deal with that name due to a nasty piece of work we had in this area back in the early '90s.  He had a winky eye because he was sick, which meant he kind of looked like he might be in need of a teeny tiny kitten eye patch, so I sometimes call him the Dread Kitten Edgar in honor of his piratical past.  His name is usually shortened to Ed.  Due to his developmental issues, one of my coworkers calls him Special Ed.)

Ahem.  Time to go figure out the dinner situation, print out the BPAL Lupercalia update, and plot out my plan of attack for that.  Forty-three new perfumes!  I have *got* to narrow things down.

He is one of the biggest flirts I have ever encountered!  Except if he sees anyone other than me, he hides, so he's a very faithful flirt.  And I think he will be forever between six and nine months old mentally, and he is nowhere near as physically adept as a normal cat would be.  When he grooms himself, he sounds like a small child learning how to chew gum who still can't quite get the hang of keeping their mouth shut.  He's also significantly smaller than the gray kitty, and I sometimes forget that they're only a month apart because Oscar (the gray kitty, and, yes, after Oscar Wilde because of _The Picture of Dorian Gray_, and, yes, he is a pissy little witch, and I frequently refer to him as Oz the Gray and Powerful, and then when he gets cuddly, he becomes Ozzie Bear.  HE IS VERY LARGE) acts like the adult cat that they ostensibly both are.  Oh!  And he has an aerial tail!  I had no idea this was A Thing until I started trying to figure out what was wrong with his tail because it just sticks up and curls over his back (answer:  nothing.  He's just *that* adorable!).

(Side track:  I named the black kitty Edgar after Poe because he's black, and "The Black Cat" is an awesome freaky short story.  His shelter name was Wesley, but I can't deal with that name due to a nasty piece of work we had in this area back in the early '90s.  He had a winky eye because he was sick, which meant he kind of looked like he might be in need of a teeny tiny kitten eye patch, so I sometimes call him the Dread Kitten Edgar in honor of his piratical past.  His name is usually shortened to Ed.  Due to his developmental issues, one of my coworkers calls him Special Ed.)

Ahem.  Time to go figure out the dinner situation, print out the BPAL Lupercalia update, and plot out my plan of attack for that.  Forty-three new perfumes!  I have *got* to narrow things down.
I love your kitty story!

We have a "special" kitty too. His name is Twitch and he is lovely. He got locked in a freezer overnight (it was a horrible, tragic accident...I was getting something out for dinner and didn't realize that he had jumped in (it's an upright).  We rushed him to the vet when we realized what had happened and he still lives to tell the tale. He did lose half his tail to frost bite, but he bounced back to "normal" in less than a day. The vet was amazed...he was only there for around 8 hours and when we brought him in, they couldn't get a temp reading. She didn't think he would make it. She did say that he seemed mentally altered, but that's the way he's always been. He fetches like a dog and is the most curious cat. Yes, he's even tried to get back in that freezer. I have to double check every time I go to the basement that he's not there.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love your kitty story!

We have a "special" kitty too. His name is Twitch and he is lovely. He got locked in a freezer overnight (it was a horrible, tragic accident...I was getting something out for dinner and didn't realize that he had jumped in (it's an upright).  We rushed him to the vet when we realized what had happened and he still lives to tell the tale. He did lose half his tail to frost bite, but he bounced back to "normal" in less than a day. The vet was amazed...he was only there for around 8 hours and when we brought him in, they couldn't get a temp reading. She didn't think he would make it. She did say that he seemed mentally altered, but that's the way he's always been. He fetches like a dog and is the most curious cat. Yes, he's even tried to get back in that freezer. I have to double check every time I go to the basement that he's not there.
Love both of your kitties stories! jesemiaud I'm so glad your kitty was fine :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Animals are so amazing! I used to be terrified of cats for the longest time, but I think I'm better now, I even pet a friend's kitty and she's super shy and spoiled, she was kinda crying a bit like a spoiled baby, but not super upset, basically telling her owner like ahh someone is touching me, but he was holding her and petting her and she was calm and felt super soft! She's a cute kitty, but she's a ninja and hides from ppl XD she was hiding under the xmas tree XD. I'm so glad she didn't make that horrible sound they make when they are mad, cuz I don't think that would've helped overcome my fear :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Still terrified of birds though and don't think that'll go away.

*off topic not off top XD

Originally Posted by brennn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't have mine either. It went from NC to California on the 13th and hasn't moved since.  I live in South Dakota so it passed me & now is nowhere even close to me.  I didn't want to e-mail too early, but all my previous bags before have come around the fifteenth-ish so this delay is strange for me. I think I'll have to e-mail them tomorrow. Hopefully you get your bag soon!
glad i'm not alone! I told them how unfortunate it was since this was my first impression of them. I wish mine was in Cali! That would be close. Mine is in Iowa.

Finally tried out the body butter today and I looove it...smells amazing, better than I expected. I'm using it as a hand cream so it lasts longer, lol.

I find the Josie oil to be performing similarly to the Shea Terra I've been using for a few months now. It might be a little thicker, but the performance is close enough for me that I personally can't justify the cost difference to buy the full sized JM. I also like supporting Shea Terra, love that they buy their products and ingredients directly from a women's cooperative in Morocco. 

Aw, I love kitties too! I have 2 at home and they get all our attention (mine and my husband's)... they're like our only kids! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> We wanted to adopt a 3rd one that I fell in love with at a pet shelter, but our apartment complex has a pet limit of 2.

And yes, I have to be careful with all my cosmetics, because they like to bite and play with anything they see!

Somewhat off topic: Big & Sexy Products are on Hautelook today.

Also, I just saw that one of the 500pt Perks at Sephora is a Josie Maran Argan Essentials Kit which includes: Bear Naked Wipes, Argan Cleansing Oil, 100% Pure Argan Oil and the Argan Lip Treatment

If you guys are searching for a good bb.....with a 25 dollar purchase on sephora you can get the tarte bb cream deluxe sample :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

and the reviews are REALLY good for their bb cream

I used the argan oil for a week.....not really a fan. I have oily hair so I need to wash them daily and by the afternoon next day my hair turns greasy. (Normally happens when I haven't wash my hair the day before) It does make my hair soft though. It works but also makes my hair look greasy very fast.

Ive been using the argan oil on my face and my hair. My face is smooth and my hair so sooo touchably soft! I only use about 2-3 drops on the bottom half of ny hair and it soaks right into the ends. My bf even complimented me on how not frizzy my hair looks (well maybe that was a compliment lol)

I've ben using the JM argan oil too and it's not really doing much for my face :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> my face is still dry. Does anyone have any tips for using it? I'm thinking about using it after I steam my face but unsure if I can do this on a daily basis. 

Originally Posted by nkjm /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've ben using the JM argan oil too and it's not really doing much for my face :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> my face is still dry. Does anyone have any tips for using it? I'm thinking about using it after I steam my face but unsure if I can do this on a daily basis. 
I've heard of adding it to a facial moisturizer!

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used the argan oil for a week.....not really a fan. I have oily hair so I need to wash them daily and by the afternoon next day my hair turns greasy. (Normally happens when I haven't wash my hair the day before) It does make my hair soft though. It works but also makes my hair look greasy very fast.
maybe you should use it as a deep conditioner thing, like once a week. Also, I've heard you can use it as a conditioner as in when your hair is wet.

Finally here! I received the Frappe Nail polish and crease brush. Those are exactly what I was hoping to receive :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back