(SPOILERS) Ipsy/My Glam January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried the Josie Maran Argan Oil and I really like it.  It is a perfect night time moisturizer for me and it hasn't broken me out, yay!  I'm kind of a big Shea Terra Organics fan and I'm wondering how Josie Maran and Shea Terra compare.  They both say that they are 100% Argan Oil and I'm wondering if there is a difference, other than the price (Josie's is double the cost of Shea Terra).  Has anybody tried both and can tell me which they prefer?  Of all of the products of Shea Terra's that I've tried, their Argan oil isn't one of them.
I just used a Shea terra product and I prefer the Josie maran argan oil line.

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just used a Shea terra product and I prefer the Josie maran argan oil line.
That's kind of what I'm afraid of.  I'll shell out the money for Josie Marans, but I was hoping that others preferred the cheaper option, lol.  I tried the Shea Terra Tamanu oil as it was supposed to be for oily, acne prone skin and I didn't care for it at all.  It was heavy and it stunk.  So, I never bothered to try another facial oil...until Ipsy.  I really do like this oil!

I think I have to stop using facial oils for a very bizarre reason:  Whenever I use them, El Gatito Negro y Loco licks them off my face.  He started doing this with Nuxe multi-purpose oil, and he has continued with this Josie Maran oil.  He will do this at THREE IN THE MORNING WHILE I'M SLEEPING.  And I know it's the oil because he leaves me alone if I use any other standard moisturizer (Abyssinian Cream, Cetaphil, whatever Birchbox has sent that doesn't trigger an allergic reaction), and he will also lick my hair if I use it there.  Also, I dropped the dropper in my sink, and I'm a little afraid I've contaminated it, so I don't want to use it on my face, although I'm okay with using it on my hands, so it has gone to work so I can use it on my hands there.

Oh, wow, while trying to find out just how toxic this stuff is for kitties, I just found out that argan oil is apparently actually *good* for cats:  It seems to be a treatment for hairballs.  Drizzle some on their food, and it will help zip those hairballs right through the feline digestive tract.  My previous kitties could have really benefited from that.  Hairballs were their hobby.  Too bad this guy's preferred method and time of ingestion is directly from my face in the middle of the night when I had been trying to sleep.  On the other hand, I have had the current two cats for over a year, and I think they have had *a* hairball in that time.  Not a huge concern that needs addressing.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I have to stop using facial oils for a very bizarre reason:  Whenever I use them, El Gatito Negro y Loco licks them off my face.  He started doing this with Nuxe multi-purpose oil, and he has continued with this Josie Maran oil.  He will do this at THREE IN THE MORNING WHILE I'M SLEEPING.  And I know it's the oil because he leaves me alone if I use any other standard moisturizer (Abyssinian Cream, Cetaphil, whatever Birchbox has sent that doesn't trigger an allergic reaction), and he will also lick my hair if I use it there.  Also, I dropped the dropper in my sink, and I'm a little afraid I've contaminated it, so I don't want to use it on my face, although I'm okay with using it on my hands, so it has gone to work so I can use it on my hands there.

Oh, wow, while trying to find out just how toxic this stuff is for kitties, I just found out that argan oil is apparently actually *good* for cats:  It seems to be a treatment for hairballs.  Drizzle some on their food, and it will help zip those hairballs right through the feline digestive tract.  My previous kitties could have really benefited from that.  Hairballs were their hobby.  Too bad this guy's preferred method and time of ingestion is directly from my face in the middle of the night when I had been trying to sleep.  On the other hand, I have had the current two cats for over a year, and I think they have had *a* hairball in that time.  Not a huge concern that needs addressing.
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

I imagine this little crazy black cat, in a Pepe le Pew voice, "Oh, my darling, you are so delicious, I could just eat you up. Oh, mon cherie oily..."

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

I imagine this little crazy black cat, in a Pepe le Pew voice, "Oh, my darling, you are so delicious, I could just eat you up. Oh, mon cherie oily..."
rofl2.gif

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

Oily lmao! Awesome!

lmao your kitty is a character XD 

Found some Pacifica lotion at my TJ Maxx today!! I picked Indian Coconut Nectar and Hawaiian Ruby Guava! They also had a lilac one but I figured 2 is enough for me. They were $3.99 for 2.5 fl oz.

Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried the Josie Maran Argan Oil and I really like it.  It is a perfect night time moisturizer for me and it hasn't broken me out, yay!  I'm kind of a big Shea Terra Organics fan and I'm wondering how Josie Maran and Shea Terra compare.  They both say that they are 100% Argan Oil and I'm wondering if there is a difference, other than the price (Josie's is double the cost of Shea Terra).  Has anybody tried both and can tell me which they prefer?  Of all of the products of Shea Terra's that I've tried, their Argan oil isn't one of them.
I tried both and JM is by far superior. Shea Terra oil is more watery and didn't seem to do much for my skin, so I'm just using what's left in my bottle as a cuticle and split ends treatment. 

You know what, as hilarious as it is this is probably a sign of the product's quality :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Animals won't just eat chemical junk, they know better than that!

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You know what, as hilarious as it is this is probably a sign of the product's quality :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Animals won't just eat chemical junk, they know better than that!
that actually is a really good point!! O.O

that actually is a really good point!! O.O
Yeah... But it def isn't true. If it was, dogs/cats trying to ingest things like antifreeze wouldn't even be an issue.

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah... But it def isn't true. If it was, dogs/cats trying to ingest things like antifreeze wouldn't even be an issue.
Never seen a cat drink antifreeze :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yup. And the kat in question for me likes to chew plastic. Cups, bowls, bags, you name it. He's a little developmentally delayed due to illness when I adopted him, so he has some issues (he can't meow and sort of chirps instead, for example).

Never seen a cat drink antifreeze :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Well that's good because the cat would probably be dead. BUT poisoning from it is a real problem with dogs and cats, and frequently the bottle will warn you to keep it out of their way. It has a pretty strong sweet smell that they are attracted to. Just sayin, animals don't tend to know better.

Aw

Yup. And the kat in question for me likes to chew plastic. Cups, bowls, bags, you name it. He's a little developmentally delayed due to illness when I adopted him, so he has some issues (he can't meow and sort of chirps instead, for example).
aw, I used to have a delayed kitty, too, would chew plastic, and if he looked away from his food bowl he forgot where it was.

I cancelled Birchbox and ipsy last night, or at least didn't renew. January was the last month of my annual sub for both. I love them both, but I want to try some different subs this year, possibly a different one each month or two. I will hopefully get a good variety.

Those poor kitties, I had no idea :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I guess I spoke too soon because my 3 cats never had those problems and they're all indoor/outdoor types who just roamed around and were free to eat and lick whatever they wanted. The only weird stuff they ever ate was the grass outside.

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is totally true, I had a dog growing up who escaped to the front from the yard and licked antifreeze from the container in the recycables bin and it ultimately killed her. 

Latest posts

Back