(SPOILERS) Ipsy/My Glam January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting for mine, too. Ipsy emailed me back and said "it should be coming shortly" and posted a link to my tracking that says it is in Iowa (not close)...... wasn't very helpful

Still waiting for mine, too. Ipsy emailed me back and said "it should be coming shortly" and posted a link to my tracking that says it is in Iowa (not close)...... wasn't very helpful
I get two bags a month, my sister kept stealing my stuff from my bags so this month I ordered two. I received my bag on jan 15 and I am still waiting for the second bag.I wanted to surprise my sister but by the time I get the bag it might be february. I'm trying to be patient but I'm kinda bummed out it's taking so long. My bag has been in Colorado for over a week, I live in Arizona so I guess at least it's kinda close. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by wadedl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally here! I received the Frappe Nail polish and crease brush. Those are exactly what I was hoping to receive
smile.gif

Same as what I got! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The polish is rather thin though... :/ But, guess that makes it good for layering.

Just tried the Bloody Mary polish tonight... it is GORGEOUS!  It's a beautiful cherry red, totally channels Marilyn Monroe.  Now I want to put on some red lipstick and black cat-eye liner!   

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just tried the Bloody Mary polish tonight... it is GORGEOUS!  It's a beautiful cherry red, totally channels Marilyn Monroe.  Now I want to put on some red lipstick and black cat-eye liner!   
oh the 50's! Go for it! It never fails :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by bonita22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I get two bags a month, my sister kept stealing my stuff from my bags so this month I ordered two. I received my bag on jan 15 and I am still waiting for the second bag.I wanted to surprise my sister but by the time I get the bag it might be february. I'm trying to be patient but I'm kinda bummed out it's taking so long. My bag has been in Colorado for over a week, I live in Arizona so I guess at least it's kinda close.
frown.gif
:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> At least we aren't alone!! But I was more than disapointed when the 2 week mark came today :'(

I dunno...I tried the JM oil and I just felt like a grease slick.  I don't have oily skin or dry skin...sort of normal with a patch right between my eyes where it is dry/flaky.  I used 3 drops and by 10 am, I had to go wash my face.  Did I use too much?  I did this:  Washed face, while still damp, applied the 3 drops of oil, blotted my face dry,  then put on my eye serum (because I'm old and vain.)  I didn't wear makeup that day because we were staying home all day.  I didn't add any extra moisturizer or anything weird.  But I was seriously feeling like I was going to drip oil.  

I guess I can use it for other stuff.  I like how it feels on my hands after I do my homemade sugar scrub.

I guess I'm lucky that my hair is dry and thick enough that I don't really have to worry about how much oil I put in.  My hair won't really get greasy unless I put it in everyday for a few days.  

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I dunno...I tried the JM oil and I just felt like a grease slick.  I don't have oily skin or dry skin...sort of normal with a patch right between my eyes where it is dry/flaky.  I used 3 drops and by 10 am, I had to go wash my face.  Did I use too much?  I did this:  Washed face, while still damp, applied the 3 drops of oil, blotted my face dry,  then put on my eye serum (because I'm old and vain.)  I didn't wear makeup that day because we were staying home all day.  I didn't add any extra moisturizer or anything weird.  But I was seriously feeling like I was going to drip oil.  

I guess I can use it for other stuff.  I like how it feels on my hands after I do my homemade sugar scrub.
Maybe try it out on a patted dry face instead of a damp face.. So it doesn't lock in all the moisture? Not too sure.. I have oily skin and while using the oil it actually didn't get greasy like that.. I applied 2 drops on a clean and dry face.

Maybe try it out on a patted dry face instead of a damp face.. So it doesn't lock in all the moisture? Not too sure.. I have oily skin and while using the oil it actually didn't get greasy like that.. I applied 2 drops on a clean and dry face.
I basically do the same. I wash my face, dry it completely then put a drop on my cheeks, forehead and chin and smooth it out. My skin can get quite oily at times, but I've had no issue with this oil :)

Okie doke...thanks!  I've tried it this morning with a dry face.  So far, feels the same...sort of greasy...but maybe it'll sink in soon.  Feh.  Maybe I'm just meant to use it on my hands or something...

Okie doke...thanks!  I've tried it this morning with a dry face.  So far, feels the same...sort of greasy...but maybe it'll sink in soon.  Feh.  Maybe I'm just meant to use it on my hands or something...
Just to double check, do you just put it on, or do you work it in? I always like work everything in and have no problems with most products, I do that with this one and I even apply it after working my serum in and my skin absorbs it just fine.

I don't feel greasy at all when I use the JM. I do it like everyone instructed and pat it on a damp face and it's awesome! I don't feel oily even a little. It absorbs pretty quick.

Originally Posted by votedreads /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've heard of adding it to a facial moisturizer!
That's what I do. I add two drops to my moisturizer and work it in.

Originally Posted by nkjm /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've ben using the JM argan oil too and it's not really doing much for my face :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> my face is still dry. Does anyone have any tips for using it? I'm thinking about using it after I steam my face but unsure if I can do this on a daily basis. 
Same here. I started adding two drops to my regular moisturizer and that seems to work better for me. I think I will use the oil alone as a light moisturizer in the Summer time though.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just to double check, do you just put it on, or do you work it in? I always like work everything in and have no problems with most products, I do that with this one and I even apply it after working my serum in and my skin absorbs it just fine.
Yah, I rub in like any moisturizer or other oil I've tried.  I don't feel as drippy oily...but it still feels oily.  Meh.  I guess it isn't for me!

Yah, I rub in like any moisturizer or other oil I've tried.  I don't feel as drippy oily...but it still feels oily.  Meh.  I guess it isn't for me!
mmm maybe if you try it at night instead? idk maybe it isn't :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I used it at night, damp face, 4-5 drops. I have dry, sensitive skin and this was very nice. I do prefer to top it off with a night cream though. My skin is very dry currently. Damn Chicago cold lol

I find the JM isn't doing a thing for me either.  I have very dry skin.  When I put it on, rub it in, my face looks great, nice and smooth but by morning, I can see the dry again.  Too bad, I was hoping for a miracle but nothing has ever really helped my dry skin in winter so I can't say I'm surprised.

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I find the JM isn't doing a thing for me either.  I have very dry skin.  When I put it on, rub it in, my face looks great, nice and smooth but by morning, I can see the dry again.  Too bad, I was hoping for a miracle but nothing has ever really helped my dry skin in winter so I can't say I'm surprised.
Did you try adding it to a moisturizer? :)

Back