(Spoilers) Julep April 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad panda... .I'm really feeling underwhelmed by this collection for some reason.  The only really interesting one is (of course) the add-on Felicia.  I have dupes for pretty much all of them.  Is it worth getting MB + Felicia?  Or do you guys think I can get them all cheaper than $25 total down the road?  I still have a free polish code from taking 3 boxes in a row but I don't think I can use that for the maven box..?

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  In case anyone wants the link: http://www.julep.com/monthly-box-selection.html

I'm not interested in the colours, but I'm tempted by the blush. Not super interested in bronzer... hmmmm

I'm exactly the opposite - I REALLY want the bombshell colors (+ sunny) but have less than no interest in the blush - I was hoping to be able to swap out the blush for a bronzer...  oh well...  Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger or not...

Quote: Originally Posted by KatieS131 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Right now I've got CWaT with Felecia and Flora added on, but I may switch to just It Girl. I haven't decided if I need the blush yet! Have they posted swatches yet? I want to wait until then to decide for sure.
Yep, @Kyuu posted the link: http://www.julep.com/monthly-box-selection.html

They also have a blog post with the blush swatches: http://blog.julep.com/its-glow-time/

I'm doing the Deluxe Upgrade with Felicia as my add on. Peach Bellini blush. I do want the glitter removal kit, I've been eyeing it since it was released, but I don't think it's worth $20, especially when refills are only $7.

Ugh, I just remembered I ordered the Savannah set earlier this week when the FREEGOLD promo was going on. Those are all brights... now I'm thinking I don't need the full polish upgrade :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Maybe I'll have to choose... I was feeling like I Really needed Caitlin, but do you girls think it's too similar to Drew and Lauren? I have both of those!

Ok, now after seeing the swatches (thanks for the links!--I saw the blog but didn't get the email earlier) I'm going with It Girl and Felecia add-on. I don't really need the blush and can pick up any other polishes I want on sale later. 

Quote: Originally Posted by magictodo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm just not feeling these. All of them look so sheer, even the ones not labeled sheer.
I'm really worried about that too! They looked incredibly sheer and thin. 

Ugh. Do not like *any* of the box colors. The only one I want is Felicia. Skipping as soon as I can log on to the site via computer instead of just my phone.

Quote: Originally Posted by KatieS131 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm really worried about that too! They looked incredibly sheer and thin. 
In the swatches they show many of the colors with white undies. Gives you an idea of how much brighter they are with it.

Hmmm decisions decisions. I have enough Jules for a free box but Im not sure I want to use them. The only colors I like are Felicia and Caitlyn and I don't want a blush at all. I think I'll just buy add on spots from people in the swap group. I think the collection is really well done, just not exactly my style.

Ugh I hate my work computer. I can only use internet explorer and so much stuff is blocked--so I can't see the swatches in the links. Grrrr. I should have taken the day off so I could stay home and debate over the maven selection window and watch my Badgers hopefully win this morning!

I think it's bad when the one thing I want most from Julep this month isn't polish, but a blush!  That being said I'm a blush/bronzer junkie so I'm super into that, but really disappointed by the decision to go with sheers.  I keep looking at the swatch pictures thinking I'll get into it but just not sure.  

Now I'm looking at the swatches (was just looking at the selections on my phone before) and all I know is I don't want anything out of the Boho Glam box. Sunny looks like a dupe of Nessa (plus I've had enough of yellow dupes from Julep; Dahlia and Goldie are exactly the same to me) and Phoebe is a dupe for Holly. Felicia is really tempting, but I'm not sold on the idea of a mint green speckled polish. Green is a polish color I don't care much for.

Right now, I'm planning on going It Girl with Caitlin, Kayla, and maybe Tatum or Mariska. If not Tatum (again, not much for green) and Mariska (my go-to Julep orange is Bethany and this one is too close for me to cheat on it), a second of either Caitlin or Kayla because I have two friends with those names and I know each of them would love their namesake color. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The Bare Face cleansing oil was in the September 2013 box with the Blank Canvas primer and I think this was the product's launch. Since then, they had it as a Maven's choice option or something in Jan or Feb 2014, so quite recently. They had it paired with the konjac sponge and the double kajal liner. I missed my chance in September when I didn't realize I hadn't updated my credit card and had been on the look-out since then! 

Quote: Originally Posted by lint /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been crossing my fingers for ages that the bare face cleansing oil would appear in a box but no such luck. I might just bite the bullet and buy it next month haha

For now I chose the bombshell box and added Felicia and Flora, but I'm still not totally sold on the bombshell box. I chose the peach blush, even though like I mentioned yesterday I haven't had good luck with peach blushes in the past, but it does look pretty. I just know I don't need yet another pink blush. I didn't love the bombshell polish colors when I first saw them yesterday, but I think I just chose that style because I don't already have similar polishes, and I really like Felicia and Flora! I should probably just skip and try to get those at a later time, which I very well may end up doing. I was also thinking of going with core classics and adding Felicia and Flora, but is $20 really a good deal for those items (cuticle serum pen and 4 oz polish remover)? At about $10 per item I don't know if I can justify that, since you can get polish remover so cheap at Target/Ulta/etc. The more I think about it, the more I think I am talking myself out of this box...

arrrgghhhh, cant decide if I want to add flora on or not, it's somewhat similar to bette (which I already have), but the lure of blue shimmer on it makes me want it... ughhhh....  and should I toss phoebe out of add-ons or not? (taking the bombshell box)  (I have holly, but it's more emerald greeny on me, and pheobe looks brighter green to me...).  help!

Flora:

Flora_l_LP.jpg

not my pic:  (bette)

Julep+Bette+2.JPG

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8TZVpzg-Ck8/UOnni6aFJcI/AAAAAAAAB8o/Ed33M7Ola58/s1600/Julep+Bette+2.JPG

ETA- now I also remember that bette has a rubbery finish, so flora def has a more jelly/shimmer thing going on too.... ooooh, now im leaning towards flora again....  ahahahhaha...

The colors would be great for someone who doesn't have any of these yet.

Having said that, Sunny looks like it's either a dupe of or extremely similar to Nessa, the same with Phoebe - it looks like Angelina and Angela at first glance. I don't trust Julep's swatches. Now I wonder how close Tatum is to Mackenzie.

I'm normally an It Girl, so Flora and Maren look like near dupes of a couple of indies I received in my indie polish sub boxes in the past couple months, and while Bailey is screaming Tardis clone to me, it looks like Ally.

This is a definite skip for me - it reminds me too much of the bright box from last year.

Latest posts

Back