(Spoilers) Julep April 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very mehhhh towards the revealed nail colors but squealed a bit at the blush/bronzer colors. Will have to see the box options and decide! 

I'm very new, just got my introductory box today! Could someone please explain to me about upgrades--and what is this It Girl of which you speak?

Quote: Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm very new, just got my introductory box today! Could someone please explain to me about upgrades--and what is this It Girl of which you speak?
Hi & welcome!  First, "It Girl" refers to one of the style options you can choose for your monthly box.  This option has 3 different polishes, instead of the 2 polishes plus a beauty item that you'd receive in most of the other style options (Classic with a Twist, Bombshell, Boho Glam).

Basically, when the window opens for the month you can choose any of these style options (or Core Classics or Modern Beauty) for the standard $20, or you can choose an upgrade option, which will add $25, $35 or more to your standard $20 box, depending on the upgrade you choose.  In the past few months, there has been a polish-only upgrade that includes all of the month's colors, an upgrade that includes all of the polish and a few beauty items (usually costs an extra $35), and then an ultimate upgrade that has almost all (they usually hold out a few products to get you to choose "add-ons") of the products offered for the month (usually costs $55 more).

I hope this helps instead of adding to your confusion!

I'm not sold on the revealed colors so far. The green is not to my taste and the purple is OK but I already have something similar. I'm thinking this is the Bombshell or Boho Glam box. Kinda hoping it's Bombshell since Boho Glam is usually my fave so if I'm not sold on that profile it's unlikely I'll like anything else and I really wanna take a box this month! I've bought so much polish this past month but I'm still excited for the Maven Window to open tomorrow :)

Yay! Welcome to Julep! It Girl is one of the style profiles and its box comes with 3 polishes (most boxes come with 2 polishes and a product and modern beauty comes with 2 products and no polish). From the 20-24th of each month, your maven window will open and you can pick a box (you should have gotten a default style but can choose any style you want for the month). In addition to choosing a box, you can pick 3 add ons from a selection of polishes, products, and various extras each month. All of the add ons are offered at a discounted price just for the monthly box. If you decide you want more than 3 add ons, you can choose to upgrade. I *think* there are currently 3 options: polish only which gets you all the polishes in the monthly collection; ultimate upgrade which gets you everything (polish and product) released that month; and I think there is one that gets you all of the polish and some product, but it is new and I'm not for sure everything included. Someone with more knowledge of upgrades may need to clarify, but the option is on your maven page during selection time. They have also recently introduced a Core Classics box that has previously released products in case you don't want that month's polish or product(s). Sorry to be so wordy, but I hope this helps! Edit to add I am SO SORRY! Apparently I need to learn to read before responding! I didn't see the other response!

The colors look really pretty, and one of the few cosmetics I use daily is blush, so I'm definitely taking a box. I can't decide which blush color will look better on me though. Most pinks are too pink and make me look feverish, and most peaches make me look jaundiced. I prefer a dusty rose or a peachy-pink combo (like a lighter version of Nars Orgasm). Their photos make both shades look that way; but we all know Julep photos are deceptive. I'm definitely not getting bronzer. I look dirty in most bronzers, and I don't even use the ones I do own. Can't wait to find out about the collection tomorrow!

Window is Open!

My initial reaction was It Girl, plus some add-ons.  But I quickly realized I wanted LOTS of the add-ons, so I decided to just get the polish upgrade.  There's really only one color I don't like (the bright yellow).  And what I really think is good this month is that they've "bundled' two of the three add-on colors into one add-on that's $7.99, instead of $4.99 each.  I got all 3 of the add-ons (Felicia, Jet and Brigitte).

If you want Felicia, my advice is to go for it fast, and then call Julep CS if you decide to change something later.

Has anyone tried the glitter polish removal kit yet?  I'm just wondering how those little caps work.  I'm kind of tempted to give it a try, but feel like it's probably not worth $20.  Thoughts?

In love with all the polishes this month! I think I'm going to go with the polish upgrade. The blushes/bronzer are pretty but look pretty easy to dupe with another brand.

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In love with all the polishes this month! I think I'm going to go with the polish upgrade. The blushes/bronzer are pretty but look pretty easy to dupe with another brand.
TBH the peach blush looks like an almost exact dupe for NARS's Amour blush (which is my HG blush). And if it wasn't for the caution/crime scene tape-yellow polish, I think I would be tempted to get the polish upgrade...

I did the full upgrade. I LOVE all the polishes and I need a new blush/bronzer brush desperately. First full upgrade i've done. ;x Only gripe is you cant choose your blush color with the full upgrade, only bronzer.

Quote: Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Has anyone tried the glitter polish removal kit yet?  I'm just wondering how those little caps work.  I'm kind of tempted to give it a try, but feel like it's probably not worth $20.  Thoughts?
They're actually pretty darn awesome. I bought it last month -- they're designed really cleverly to keep the remover pad really snug against the nail.

Quote: Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do they always bill on the 27th?
They always start billing on the 27th. FWIW, I've always been billed on the 27th...not sure if other people have been billed later.

I want the polish upgrade but can't justify it at the moment. I'll have to check my credit card charges for this month to see if I've been good enough to have it!

Ahhhh Julep is making it really difficult for me not to get the full upgrade. I think I might have to do it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm loving all of the colors, although I'm not crazy about any of the add-ons. I feel like I don't need white polish (I already got one with my intro box), I don't need another black, and I am not sure how I feel about that Felicia color. The only color I'm not crazy about is possibly Phoebe, because I feel like it's really similar to Holly, which I just got with the free bag promo. 

Right now I've got CWaT with Felecia and Flora added on, but I may switch to just It Girl. I haven't decided if I need the blush yet! Have they posted swatches yet? I want to wait until then to decide for sure.

Latest posts

Back