(Spoilers) Julep April 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am thinking this could be a full upgrade month for me. Loving two colors in one box is just too good to be true. Watch then both be add ons! Lol. Hopefully not though since they captioned it with something along the lines of "which style profile is this?"

I love the finish of the purple but I have SO MANY purple Juleps I really don't need another one
blink.gif
  Hoping the other profiles have exciting finishes!

Not too thrilled about the blush, but I like the peach bellini shade.  And because they say it has "real diamonds" in it, that justifies their (inflated) pricing
icon_rolleyes.gif

The way the text is put together makes me think the diamonds are only in the bronzer, not the blush. My impulse is to get the pink blush, but I don't really like powder blush. As far as the colors go, purple-and-green is my favorite combination, so my impulse is to get them both, but I need to remember that I will never wear the purple. That is an eyeshadow/liner color for me. I do wear a lot of green polish (except on St. Patrick's Day), so that would not be neglected on the basis of color. I have a feeling this is going to be another skip month, though. Bright happy colors are not my groove.

I just joined this month without realizing that they changed their skip policy at the beginning of the year. Does anyone know if its possible to get switched back to the old (much, much better) policy if I wasn't grandfathered in? Has anyone tried calling or facebooking them about it? I really want to keep my subscription but I don't want to be forced to buy things I won't like just because I'm only allowed 2 skips a year. That's garbage! ETA: I'm drowning in blush, the last thing I need is another overpriced blush or bronzed that I will never use.

The peach blush looks soooo pretty but the 3rd model has larger pores (like me) and I think it looks sort of cakey on her, which is weird because the pink looks great on her.  I'm not interested in the bronzer at all, because once you start using chocolate scented bronzer (Too Faced) you never go back haha!

Didn't someone guess something about pearl finishes? The purple looks pearl-y to me, which I would love to see in a few other colors
smile.gif
.  Totally agree @RedBadger about the jelly beans!  Lets take bets on that being the extra this month too!  I dunno.  I think it's a little strange that these 2 colors are muted shades of last April's green and purple colors (Eden & Mackenzie).  I know spring/Easter seems sort of narrow in terms of colors but I really liked @meaganola's idea with the rainy colors.  Julep has a pretty narrow selection of grays/muted blues/muddy colors so I think that could have been something different.  Oh well!  Hoping for a robins egg blue or coral in that pearl-y looking finish :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have way too much blush and bronzer. So, it's either a skip, polish upgrade or It girl.

Quote: Originally Posted by SerpentineBabou /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just joined this month without realizing that they changed their skip policy at the beginning of the year. Does anyone know if its possible to get switched back to the old (much, much better) policy if I wasn't grandfathered in? Has anyone tried calling or facebooking them about it? I really want to keep my subscription but I don't want to be forced to buy things I won't like just because I'm only allowed 2 skips a year. That's garbage!

ETA: I'm drowning in blush, the last thing I need is another overpriced blush or bronzed that I will never use.
Unfortunately, I don't think you can go back to the old policy if you joined after December 18th. I haven't heard anyone who tried to call though, so you may want to try that just to talk to a real person (rather than online) and see what they tell you. I haven't ever called customer service, but I have seen here that it can be difficult to get ahold of someone, but keep trying and you may get an answer to your question. 

Soooo excited for this month! LOVE brights, love the finishes in the sneak peek, and blushes/bronzer are the one beauty product I don't have a ton of! That peach shade is gorgeous! Can't wait to see everything tomorrow. It might just have to be an upgrade month :-D

Quote: Originally Posted by SerpentineBabou /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just joined this month without realizing that they changed their skip policy at the beginning of the year. Does anyone know if its possible to get switched back to the old (much, much better) policy if I wasn't grandfathered in? Has anyone tried calling or facebooking them about it? I really want to keep my subscription but I don't want to be forced to buy things I won't like just because I'm only allowed 2 skips a year. That's garbage!

ETA: I'm drowning in blush, the last thing I need is another overpriced blush or bronzed that I will never use.
I remember seeing fine-print that if a maven couldn't afford the month's box and were not grandmothered in to the unlimited skipping, they should call and they'd work something out. I can't remember where I read it (I want to say it was just on their website in their FAQ or signup info). Given how great their customer service typically is, it seems reasonable that they'd grant skips. They're not going to make it as easy as clicking a button anymore though - you have to call and request it each time. Let us know how it goes!

Quote: Originally Posted by sylarana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have way too much blush and bronzer. So, it's either a skip, polish upgrade or It girl.

Ditto.  I'm not generally crazy abot the beauty products, but (aside from January), I've either gotten the polish upgrade or It Girl + 3 polishes every month since last October.  I actually excited about the reveal tomorrow -- it's definitely time to bring on spring!

And I know box + 3 isn't that much less than full upgrade, but some months there are just colors that are too close to things I have or that I know I'll never, ever use.  It lowers the cost per polish, but my collection has grown so much that I'd really rather not buy things I don't like, even if they are cheap.

Quote: Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ditto.  I'm not generally crazy abot the beauty products, but (aside from January), I've either gotten the polish upgrade or It Girl + 3 polishes every month since last October.  I actually excited about the reveal tomorrow -- it's definitely time to bring on spring!

And I know box + 3 isn't that much less than full upgrade, but some months there are just colors that are too close to things I have or that I know I'll never, ever use.  It lowers the cost per polish, but my collection has grown so much that I'd really rather not buy things I don't like, even if they are cheap.
I had a strategy in place for March colors where I actually wanted the whole collection, except Myrtle because I don't need more red. But what I did was get the Boho Glam box, 3 add ons, then used my free polish code for Aretha, used Jules to get the Bombshell box, and a 50% off code to get the other 3 colors I wanted. I added it up and it was cheaper than upgrading during selection time, and I was able to spread it out.

Quote: Originally Posted by puppymomofthree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am a blush addict, so I may have to get my box this month!  Please have pretty nail colors! 
patches.gif

If you don't like the colors, just take the $20 and hit sephora for blush!

I know others have already said this but I also wish they would do more pedi/mani products and not so much makeup. Even a body scrub or lotion or something besides makeup. At least mix it up from month to month. But it looks like makeup products are the direction they are headed in, as far as their beauty products go. Don't get me wrong, I love makeup and I do use blush and bronzer, but I have enough of those already so I'm not sure I want Julep's blush/bronzer too. Their makeup products seem to be hit or miss. The peach bellini blush looks pretty, but most peach blushes I have tried barely show up on my skin (and I am on the lighter end of the spectrum). I don't know if it's my undertones or what but I have never had good luck with peach blush. And I have plenty of pink blush so I'm pretty much set that I don't want another pink blush. I wonder if the "diamond dust" in the bronzer makes it sparkly. If so I'll be skipping that too. I guess I'll wait and see what the polish colors look like, but I'm not excited by either of the spoiler colors. It's my birthday month and I was hoping I would love the collection but so far I'm thinking it might be a skip for me, unless I love it girl or something. I hope the diamond birthstone polish is good, but I can always get that on its own even if I skip my box this month.

Julep's makeup has been hit or miss for me. I am definitely willing to try the blush, but I don't want it enough to go with the Modern Beauty box so I hope they reveal good colors tomorrow! 

I like the green and the purple. If the other colors are like these I will upgrade to the whole polish collection. I'm not one for blushes or bronzer so both of those are already a no go for me.

I'm feeling pretty good about this month's colors! I really like the green and purple, so I'd be good with that box. I never use blush or bronzer, so all I know now is that I'm definitely not getting the Modern Beauty box. I might just go It Girl and add on a few faves from other boxes if the colors are right! Seeing as my caddy just ran out of space, I'd like to avoid getting another 9 or 10 polishes. I'm about to start using the massive gift box my caddy came in for nail storage instead if it gets much bigger!

I almost want this month to be lackluster for me because then I can justify spending $50 with the March Madness promotion. Consoling myself and all. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They look like jelly beans to me!  I love jelly beans!  Not big on the lime and purple combo, but I bet there will be a lemon yellow, a shimmery medium pink, and an orange creamsicle.  If that's the case, I might be in for an upgrade.  Plus, my birthday month!  Fingers crossed that the diamond birthstone polish is awesome. :party:
Your color ideas sound great!

We'll see. I like the colours we've seen so far and have no problem with the makeup, but I am more of a cream blush kinda gal, and I've become very good at skipping. Plus, I'm getting Andrea, Giovanna, Margot and Goldie in the mail (long story short, but I thought you had to buy all gold to get one free, but julep ended up taking the prices of all of them off...) I got the full upgrade in February because I have been hoarding Jules, liked the eyeliner and shadow and thought most of the colours were pretty (the only one I wasn't crazy about was Rooney). Also, a free polish doesn't hurt :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I figured it works out cheaper for me just to get a complete upgrade every couple months with Jules, grab a sale once and a while and not be constantly bringing polish in. That's my way of doing it.

Back