(Spoilers) Julep April 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's the post:

Looks like a satin finish maybe? And something sheer?
They both look pretty light, considering you can see the nail tips from under the polish. Sigh, I was hoping for some neons or brights. Come on Julep, April is my birthday month, give me a good excuse to "gift" myself the whole collection!

Also heads up on the Julep post. You can share it to only yourself multiple times. We can do it ladies!

I've been crossing my fingers for ages that the bare face cleansing oil would appear in a box but no such luck. I might just bite the bullet and buy it next month haha
The Bare Face cleansing oil did appear in one of our boxes. I wanna say it was September or October of last year :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by lint /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'd be down for a foot scrub or foot cream too. Not so much for the fake tanner though, it might be pretty hit or miss with all of julep's subscribers.

I've been crossing my fingers for ages that the bare face cleansing oil would appear in a box but no such luck. I might just bite the bullet and buy it next month haha
They included it in the "Core Classics" box in February - between the oil, the sponge, the eye glider, and the free Love polish that month, it holds the honor of being the one and only monthly box I've taken since I became a Maven last August. I've been trying to use up another face wash before opening the oil up, but I can't wait to use it! 

I could actually use a good base coat. I don't have one yet, and just had to clean the green stains off my nails from my St. Patrick's Day mani.

I wouldn't mind a light sheer pearl finish polish, but the other one looks almost metallic to me. Or satin. I like neither very much ... But with the madness code, I'm kind of tempted to skip and just get 1-2 polishes that I missed and love (or are dupes to the new ones anyways ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ). Unless the extra product or the colors are truly compelling .. can't wait to see! I love how Julep manages to always occupy my mind .. waiting for the selection to appear, deciding which polishes to get, waiting for the box to arrive, deciding whether I like the secret store, waiting for that order and then .. new selection coming up. Perfect addiction plot imo.

Well the Facebook post reached a 1000 shares, still nothing. I bet their social media manager is off work and forgot to check on it lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Well the Facebook post reached a 1000 shares, still nothing. I bet their social media manager is off work and forgot to check on it lol.
They just updated the picture on facebook. The colors are: 

A lime green satin and, from what I can tell, a sheer(ish) purple shimmer! 
Edit: Sorry @Kelly Silva I didn't see your post before I hit submit!  

Quote:Originally Posted by KatieS131 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They just updated the picture on facebook. The colors are: 

A lime green satin and, from what I can tell, a sheer(ish) purple shimmer! 
Edit: Sorry @Kelly Silva I didn't see your post before I hit submit!  

Ohh those are gorgeous! I love purple and green together... So complimentary! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Do you gals think those are going to be add-ons or in the actual boxes?? From looking at this photo, I have a feeling the formulas will be similar to Holly, which took me 3 coats to get full coverage. I hope that's not the case with these.

FYI...the April beauty items have been revealed on the blog:
It's a blush and a bronzer.  Each comes in two different shades. http://blog.julep.com/its-glow-time/
Interesting! Another item we were surveyed on! Those colors are really different from what I was expecting from the black and white photo. So far nothing looks interesting to me but we'll see tomorrow :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They look like jelly beans to me!  I love jelly beans!  Not big on the lime and purple combo, but I bet there will be a lemon yellow, a shimmery medium pink, and an orange creamsicle.  If that's the case, I might be in for an upgrade.

Plus, my birthday month!  Fingers crossed that the diamond birthstone polish is awesome. 
party.gif

Oooo!  I like the colors so far!  I don't think I'll be skipping April! Are they going to start shipping with the plie caps this month or did they just decided to have the plie caps snap on?

Oka so apparently when I said I'd been waiting for the bareface cleansing oil for ages I meant about a month? hahaha sorry everyone! I don't remember why I didn't just pick it up in the February box, I guess I thought the Modern Beauty was a better deal that month.

I recently got Mackenzie from savvy deals so just don't need another lime green and have SO MANY purples so this isn't the most exciting color combo to me, but I'm so glad they have satins in brighter colors! I'm also iffy about the blush and bronzer. I am interested in trying the blush but really don't use bronzer so it depends on what the box combos are tomorrow! Edit: I just remembered that they aren't giving both beauty items in each box...so in that case I would bet that everyone gets the blush and the bronzer is modern beauty/add on. I would be happy with that!

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am so excited! Just what I was hoping for!

This is pretty!!! I love that purple and I've been search for a lime green that I like. And I want the diamond powder peach blush. This may not be a skip month for me after all.

Does anyone else think it's hilarious that they say real diamonds are an ingredient? Powder or something? Yes, please let me take a rock that cuts glass and put it on my face. I didn't even know that was a thing but if there's validity to it, if I can avoid these powders, I will. Diamonds are scam/murder enough that I refuse to contribute or buy into, don't need them in my makeup too.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone else think it's hilarious that they say real diamonds are an ingredient? Powder or something? Yes, please let me take a rock that cuts glass and put it on my face. I didn't even know that was a thing but if there's validity to it, if I can avoid these powders, I will. Diamonds are scam/murder enough that I refuse to contribute or buy into, don't need them in my makeup too.
I didn't think that they meant REAL diamonds (maybe I'm wrong?). I was thinking of some sort of "sparkle" or glow.

ETA: nevermind, I just re-read the blog post and it does say "real diamonds". I don't think I want real diamonds in my makeup.

Back