(Spoilers) Julep December 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hipster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm on nail polish overload right now but I would LOVE it if the modern beauty box was the luxe hand cream and one if those eye shadow sticks!!

Ditto! I ordered the 12 bottle Gem Collection from the secret store, so I'll have lots of polish to play with for a while. Hand cream + eyeshadow sticks would be the perfect Modern Beauty box! *crossing fingers* I wanted to order it but I already had 6 of the colors.

I hope December is good.  I have been a maven since last November and only upgraded in February if December is good I will definitely upgrade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Hipster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm on nail polish overload right now but I would LOVE it if the modern beauty box was the luxe hand cream and one if those eye shadow sticks!!

Ditto! I ordered the 12 bottle Gem Collection from the secret store, so I'll have lots of polish to play with for a while. Hand cream + eyeshadow sticks would be the perfect Modern Beauty box! *crossing fingers* I wanted to order it but I already had 6 of the colors.

The Gem Collection was really tempting!  I'm kind of kicking myself for not getting the shadow sticks set for $12...but after how they split up the lip glosses it just seemed like another item they might do that with?  I have several Pixi shadow sticks and I really like them, but I don't have them in any fun colors like those! 

So excited for beautiful jewel-toned glitter shades to wear during the holidays!

My gem collection came in the mail with broken bottles galore. I have no idea why they shipped it in such a huge box without padding. I sent pics when I got home and I'm still waiting for a CS response.

Sparked by a convo going on in a swap group on FB...

Have any of you had (or currently have) an annual, or even 6 month, subscription for Julep?

I looked into it last month and didn't really see the benefit in it. There's no discount (like paying 11 months worth and the 12 month box is free), which I do understand since you get Jules and a years worth of Jules (counting birthday & anniversary ones) works out to 2 free boxes. Beyond that though I can't really think of a reason to sub for a chunk of time vs. month by month. 

Well except if I subbed yearly, my husband would forget pretty quickly and I could do things like upgrade every few months ;-) 

Any other incentives?

Quote: Originally Posted by Alicia Loves /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My gem collection came in the mail with broken bottles galore. I have no idea why they shipped it in such a huge box without padding. I sent pics when I got home and I'm still waiting for a CS response.

Oh that sucks.  Hopefully they will send a  replacement quickly.

I just got mine today and my Gem Collection was broken as well. I decided to call them directly and am currently on hold. I'm glad I looked because I was planning on gifting this to someone and would have been sooooo embarrassed if they had found all of the bottles broken.
icon_redface.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by TellulaBlue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just got mine today and my Gem Collection was broken as well. I decided to call them directly and am currently on hold. I'm glad I looked because I was planning on gifting this to someone and would have been sooooo embarrassed if they had found all of the bottles broken.
icon_redface.gif

I'm still waiting for a response. Let me know what they say! I might call later today. I haaaaaaate calling companies though.

I'm still waiting for a response. Let me know what they say! I might call later today. I haaaaaaate calling companies though.
She placed a new order for me and asked me to email her a picture. I noticed that this has happened to others as well, I say someone in the December thread saying the same thing. I have Kenya all over my hands now and it looks like I'm bleeding.

I just realized that there are now red finger prints all over my kitchen now...Looks like a crime scene!

Quote: Originally Posted by TellulaBlue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  She placed a new order for me and asked me to email her a picture. I noticed that this has happened to others as well, I say someone in the December thread saying the same thing. I have Kenya all over my hands now and it looks like I'm bleeding.

I called and they said the same thing. I'm relieved! Mine wreaked of polish so I knew something was up. Mine was a gift too so I'm so glad I opened it as well.

@TellulaBlue I actually cut myself on one of the shards. I mean half the box was just shattered! Was yours in a large box too?

I got my secret store order and it was packed well but it didn't have any tape on it. Somebody is slipping in the shipping department

Just came over here because someone mentioned another girl had a broken set. There wasn't much padding in the box, but in addition to that, the jewelry box leaves a huge gap in the upper portion of the box which allows everything to jostle around. If they put some bubble wrap in the jewelry box itself, it wouldn't happen.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just came over here because someone mentioned another girl had a broken set. There wasn't much padding in the box, but in addition to that, the jewelry box leaves a huge gap in the upper portion of the box which allows everything to jostle around. If they put some bubble wrap in the jewelry box itself, it wouldn't happen.

That's true plus the case is hard like a rock and the polishes were probably slamming around in there. They really did not think the packaging through.

@chelsealady that set is super cute!

Did anybody notice the one of the New 100 point perk for Sephora is a freedom top coat mini?

Back