(Spoilers) Julep December 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received my secret store order today, and while I was happy that it shipped pretty quickly, 2 of the polishes in my "extraordinary color kit" were broken, and there was polish and shards of glass all over everything in the little pouch they came in. 
frown.gif
 This is the 2nd time in recent months that I have received shattered polishes. Last time CS was really good about it and sent a replacement right away. I just emailed them about this order so hopefully will get a replacement soon. The colors are so pretty...I love the new red color. That was one of the bottles that did not actually break (along with Sienna and the topcoat, they were covered in polish and pieces of glass but I'm hoping maybe I can salvage them...) What a bummer that it sounds like this is happening to a lot of people!

I am waiting on a secret store and a gocrazy order. I miss when Juleps came wrapped in bubble wrap with the cute plastic rubber bands. Maybe if they have to replace enough orders they will start back packaging them properly. 

They are replacing the jewelry box and the one polish that broke. I imagine they aren't replacing the whole thing because it didn't spill polish everywhere. Cleaning the glass shards off the remaining bottles was annoying though.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  They are replacing the jewelry box and the one polish that broke. I imagine they aren't replacing the whole thing because it didn't spill polish everywhere. Cleaning the glass shards off the remaining bottles was annoying though.
Oh come on, it's part of the charm.  Trying not to cut up your fingers on shards of glass, or having them get on every surface in a 10 foot radius, or having pets get into it before you clean it up.  It's like a challenge to see if you are worthy enough to get to use the polish!  

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oh come on, it's part of the charm.  Trying not to cut up your fingers on shards of glass, or having them get on every surface in a 10 foot radius, or having pets get into it before you clean it up.  It's like a challenge to see if you are worthy enough to get to use the polish!  
Ah hah. I was pretty careful so it didn't get anywhere but yeah.... huge p.i.t.a. I think I am going to do a late night mani.... LOVING the gem collection and they're so pretty!!

Whoa, just got through reading about the Bondi debacle.  I had no idea, as I never checked that thread.

I'm hoping for some dark winter colors, but I certainly don't want them all to be metallic! They always look so strange on my skin tone.

I don't know what I want in the way of polishes for December.  
Haha ditto, I would like my bf not to be like omg do you need more nail polish..so that's what I would like for December

I just got a Julep survey regarding foundation...don't do it Julep, don't do it!!!!!!
Haha. I got that too, and my comment at the end was I'd never ever buy a foundation from julep.

Quote: Originally Posted by TellulaBlue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Alicia Loves /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My gem collection came in the mail with broken bottles galore. I have no idea why they shipped it in such a huge box without padding. I sent pics when I got home and I'm still waiting for a CS response.
I just got mine today and my Gem Collection was broken as well. I decided to call them directly and am currently on hold. I'm glad I looked because I was planning on gifting this to someone and would have been sooooo embarrassed if they had found all of the bottles broken.
icon_redface.gif

Sorry to hear that, hope they fix things for you.

Quote: Originally Posted by mrst909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just received my secret store order today, and while I was happy that it shipped pretty quickly, 2 of the polishes in my "extraordinary color kit" were broken, and there was polish and shards of glass all over everything in the little pouch they came in. 
frown.gif
 This is the 2nd time in recent months that I have received shattered polishes. Last time CS was really good about it and sent a replacement right away. I just emailed them about this order so hopefully will get a replacement soon. The colors are so pretty...I love the new red color. That was one of the bottles that did not actually break (along with Sienna and the topcoat, they were covered in polish and pieces of glass but I'm hoping maybe I can salvage them...) What a bummer that it sounds like this is happening to a lot of people!
Sorry to hear that.

I ordered the Hand Model holiday set from Julep, with the Glycolic Scrub, Rockstar Hand Creme, and the Nail Therapy. I was super excited to get this kit and got a few extra for holiday gifts. It came today and the hand treatment tubes are tiny (I must have missed that they were sample size), but the biggest letdown is that the Rockstar Creme smells exactly like Nair, ya know the depilatory cream! Did I get a bad batch??? it smells really offensive and now I'm worried about gifting the other kits. Thoughts?

Quote: Originally Posted by Grau /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered the Hand Model holiday set from Julep, with the Glycolic Scrub, Rockstar Hand Creme, and the Nail Therapy. I was super excited to get this kit and got a few extra for holiday gifts.

It came today and the hand treatment tubes are tiny (I must have missed that they were sample size), but the biggest letdown is that the Rockstar Creme smells exactly like Nair, ya know the depilatory cream! Did I get a bad batch??? it smells really offensive and now I'm worried about gifting the other kits.

Thoughts?
My Rockstar cream definitely does not smell like nair... I use it all the time so... I would contact customer service. That's weird!

Haha ditto, I would like my bf not to be like omg do you need more nail polish..so that's what I would like for December
Ahahahahahaha!!!! THIS!! Totally!! my bf is the exact same way.
I'm hoping for more glitters and textures!
Me too! I love their glitters.

I just got a Julep survey regarding foundation...don't do it Julep, don't do it!!!!!!
Every time I get one of these and it asks what my favorite product is, my answer is "any kind that doesn't ship via DHL." I doubt that's the kind if feedback they are looking for, but it's the truth!

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I haven't taken a box since JULY, so I'm hoping this one is good. Otherwise I should probably just suck it up & call to cancel. 

There are always colors I like, but never together in the same box!
Same here, I think there maybe was one box that I got but it's because I forgot to skip! I mayyyy cancel too, nothing has excited me lately :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Back